Game 26: Colorado Avalanche at Philadelphia Flyers; 12/5/22 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Greetings:

It's surprising that Colorado isn't a heavier favorite (-150).  They outscore us by over a goal a game.  In other categories, we are roughly comparable:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/col-vs-phi/2022/12/05/2022020397

In the for what it's worth category, take a gander at ticket prices.  Lower bowl seat are in the $50-$60 range...go to nosebleed and pay $25. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/Z7r9jZ1AdfsPe?tmrid=TMR-3531942&routing=y

Midday slop ain't worth it, I guess.  That explains the 4 for $99 gig.  Mr. Market is tell CF and Dave his product isn't selling for what it used to. 

9 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Greetings:

It's surprising that Colorado isn't a heavier favorite (-150).  They outscore us by over a goal a game.  In other categories, we are roughly comparable:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/col-vs-phi/2022/12/05/2022020397

In the for what it's worth category, take a gander at ticket prices.  Lower bowl seat are in the $50-$60 range...go to nosebleed and pay $25. 

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/Z7r9jZ1AdfsPe?tmrid=TMR-3531942&routing=y

Midday slop ain't worth it, I guess.  That explains the 4 for $99 gig.  Mr. Market is tell CF and Dave his product isn't selling for what it used to. 

Can't give them away, so very sad!!!!!

22 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So. Big whoop.

Leafs will choke again this year what's new.

Maybe next year...

Tis thread is not about the Leafs at all, is it?  As far as I can tell, it's about the Colorado/Philly game?

I'll go with..............6-2 Colorado.

5 minutes ago, flyer4ever said:

Does that mean that comcast will give me $60 to sit in the rink and watch their garbage? How much will they give me to drink a beer?

Bribing teams is how Fletcher gets things done so why not Comcast bribe the fans?

Edited by GratefulFlyers

12 hours ago, Holymakinaw said:

Colorado is going to destroy Philly tonighht.  

6-2.

Oh look the fan of the "elite team" that can't win a playoff round is here to taunt the "loser fans" with a prediction of utter humiliation.

Of course, when the score is 3-1 Flyers with 10 to play in the third period - sorry, 4-1 as I write this - the fan of the "elite team" that hasn't won a playoff round in 18 years is no where to be found.

Sort of like a certain "elite team" in the second round of the playoffs.

Or, for that matter, on a championship trophy of a league with more than six teams.

Take off, hoser.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

4 minutes ago, radoran said:

Oh look the fan of the "elite team" that can't win a playoff round is here to taunt the "loser fans" with a prediction of utter humiliation.

Of course, when the score is 3-1 Flyers with 10 to play in the third period - sorry, 4-1 as I write this - the fan of the "elite team" that hasn't won a playoff round in 18 years is no where to be found.

Or, for that matter, on a championship trophy of a league with more than six teams.

Take off, 

Just now, notfondajane said:
5 minutes ago, radoran said:

Take off, 

I was expecting the Flyers to have one of their better games 

6 minutes ago, radoran said:

Take off, hoser.

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Give it time.  😉

Just now, notfondajane said:

I was expecting the Flyers to have one of their better games 

After the New Jersey game they're playing "the right way".

They honestly can't compete with the Avs in a seven game series, but can catch a team at the end of a four game road trip.

(4-2 - Rantanen)

Despite the late game almost collapse this was probably their best game of the year. Yes, Colorado has a few injuries and maybe this was a trap game as they play the Bruins next, but imo we outplayed them and Hart was outstanding. Something to build on for sure. 

• Like 1

Well they beat a team that has been bitten by the injury bug as bad as themselves. That is not to take away that it was the second game in a row that they really played good hockey considering the roster they are putting on the ice. I very much prefer watchable hockey even if they lose. That, and I think is the coach getting every ounce of performance out of the hand he has been dealt. 

• Good Post 1