NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference RD 2: Toronto (A2) vs. Florida (WC2) - (Florida wins series 4-1)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 2: Toronto (A2) vs. Florida (WC2)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Leafs sweep in 4
    • Leafs in 5
    • Leafs in 6
    • Leafs in 7
    • Panthers sweep in 4
    • Panthers in 5*
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

9 minutes to go…Leafs in danger of losing the first two, and at home no less.

Are Canadian therapists prepared for an onslaught of calls tomorrow morning, if things don’t change soon?

• Like 1

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference RD 2: Toronto (A2) vs. Florida (WC2) - (Florida leads series 2-0)

I have to admit that as much as I despise Tkachuck for being kind of a cheap rat, he has the game, and I would probably love him on my team.

Right now this Florida team is for real.

On 5/5/2023 at 3:38 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Maple Leafs 'back on track' :ph34r: 

1212080949_mapleleafsontrack.jpg.85664bf1011b1f101bd3b8b19f36d02d.jpg

Florida are just lucky so far.  That is all.  My Sabres are better than they are.  Next season we will bounce them back to where they belong.  Tampa is better than them. You know that. And the Leafs are better too.  I expect the Leafs to play well today. I am also cheering for Seattle even though I picked Dallas.  Hope Im wrong. Great story are the Kraken so far

I expected Florida to have the better goaltending, but not to outplay Toronto in all three phases: even strength, power play and shorthanded. They are physically man-handling the Leaves. Plus, Maurice is absolutely outcoaching Keefe, IMO. Yet, here we are and that's exactly what's happened.

Will Sheldon Keefe to get fired before the end of Game 3 ? :ph34r::bigteeth:

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Will Sheldon Keefe to get fired before the end of Game 3 :ph34r::bigteeth:

No, no, no!!
There is NO firing in today's kinder, gentler, politically correct environment!

Now, the Leafs and Keefe may "mutually agree to part ways", sure.
But NEVER firing! :rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

I am as surprised as anyone at what the Florida Panthers have been able to accomplish so far in these playoffs.

First off, even MAKING the playoffs after their wildly inconsistent play throughout the season, then to knock off the season wins record setting Bruins, THEN to be up 2-0 in a best of seven against the Leafs, keeping their 'vaunted' offense to just 2 goals per game.

But, if you dig a bit deeper into the Florida team, you realize, 'Hey, not so long ago, these guys were considered by many to be a team on the rise!'
I believed that too. Until I saw the steps backwards they seemed to take during the season, and while the acquisition of Mat Tkachuk was splashy, and frankly, pretty damned good, they DID give up long time Panther, fan favorite, and consistent goal scorer, Jonathan Huberdeau, and just as important, gave up defenseman MacKenzie Weegar, who, IMO, helped keep the Florida defense stable.

So Florida needed help strengthening their defense WITH Weegar still, then go and trade him, and not get any real replacement for him.
Then the end of the season rolls around, there are the Panthers in it, and here we are now with them in the 2nd round, having already eliminated one SC hopeful, and dealing with another.

They must have figured out SOMETHING on their defensive side and Bobrovsky has helped his own cause by playing some of the best hockey I've seen him play in years, under the big spotlight of the playoffs!

As a TB fan, I don't really care for either the Leafs or the Cats.
But dammit all if Florida doesn't impress me and I find myself rooting for those damned felines, even if they DO employ that rat fink Ryan Lomberg on their squad :shifty: 

You would think I'd root for the Leafs so that, if they win it all, I can say my team lost to the very best.
But, in this case, %$#@ the Leafs.
If they can't deal with a Florida Panther team that just managed to figure things out after 82 games, then they deserve whatever further misery they get!

Lots of series left, but for fans of the Maple Leafs, it HAS to feel like a pressure cooker.....Florida patio style! 😎

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

No, no, no!!
There is NO firing in today's kinder, gentler, politically correct environment!

Now, the Leafs and Keefe may "mutually agree to part ways", sure.
But NEVER firing! :rolleyes: 

A clean sweeping, then.:bigteeth:

What a game…it’s got everything and  … the CATS WIN!!! Wow that happened fast! 

Reinhart made that whole play, the delayed entry, finished it off with a the wraparound.

Wow Toronto is down 3-0 I can hardly believe it. Cats are now 3-0 in OT. Way to go BOB!

6 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Woll played really well in the 3rd - heckuva job coming in cold stopping everything to force OT…but he got burned on that wraparound. He wasn’t even close to stopping that GW. 

It's A LOT to ask a young goaltender with hardly any playoff experience, to steal a game, when his defense in front of him isn't playing well, and I'm being nice. Florida has beaten them up, and outskated them.

Edited by FD19372
  • Like 2