NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference RD 2: Toronto (A2) vs. Florida (WC2) - (Florida wins series 4-1)

pilldoc

NHL 2022-23 Playoffs RD 2: Toronto (A2) vs. Florida (WC2)  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the series?

• Leafs sweep in 4
    • Leafs in 5
    • Leafs in 6
    • Leafs in 7
    • Panthers sweep in 4
    • Panthers in 5*
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

Tallon, Zito, and others have put together a good squad that peaked at the right time.  

Yeah, they have a ton of talent..and it proves that goaltending still matters. They've been very good in all three phases..offense, defense and Bob has been outstanding when called upon.

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference RD 2: Toronto (A2) vs. Florida (WC2) - (Florida leads series 3-1)

Only 20 minutes in, but are the Leafs on their Finals......countdown??
Florida is up 2-0 and honestly, OWNED that first period.

I know Toronto has firepower, they have speed, they have skills, and they have the backing of the Toronto downtown square faithful (who NEVER get shown when the Panthers score...hmmm..), but if they keep giving Florida this much confidence, it will just keep snowballing for Florida (see what I did there? Snowball...Florida?? I'm here all week, ppl..), they will SURELY send the Leafs to join the Lightning and Bruins on the golf courses....and worse part?

Both the Lightning and Bruins already have the best parking spaces, so the Leafs players are gonna have to park by the dumpsters. :shifty: 

6 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Only 20 minutes in, but are the Leafs on their Finals......countdown??
Florida is up 2-0 and honestly, OWNED that first period.

I know Toronto has firepower, they have speed, they have skills, and they have the backing of the Toronto downtown square faithful (who NEVER get shown when the Panthers score...hmmm..), but if they keep giving Florida this much confidence, it will just keep snowballing for Florida (see what I did there? Snowball...Florida?? I'm here all week, ppl..), they will SURELY send the Leafs to join the Lightning and Bruins on the golf courses....and worse part?

Both the Lightning and Bruins already have the best parking spaces, so the Leafs players are gonna have to park by the dumpsters. :shifty: 

image.png.4895de3e3a45a3adac72dd592713e26a.png

Not good ...giving up a goal early in the period and again near the end.

Florida scores one more before the Leafs do I might be hearing the fat lady warming up ....

Its Over Viking GIF

They have to figure out something better than “play ends when the ref intended to blow the whistle .” What the hell is that? Every coach preaches play to the whistle but it’s actually “play to whenever the ref says he decided to blow the whistle.” Silly.

They may have “gotten it right” but it’s a bad system. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

They have to figure out something better than “play ends when the ref intended to blow the whistle .” What the hell is that? Every coach preaches play to the whistle but it’s actually “play to whenever the ref says he decided to blow the whistle.” Silly.

They may have “gotten it right” but it’s a bad system. 

I hate to give the Leafs the benefit of the doubt, but I agree.
Goes right in there with rules that just aren't enforced the same way across the board.

I don't care for that either.
But at the same time, it is what it is.

Guarantee you, if it were the other way around, every swingin Toronto fan would have been screaming that doesn't count because....wait for it...the ref intended to blow the whistle! LOL

19 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Guarantee you, if it were the other way around, every swingin Toronto fan would have been screaming that doesn't count because....wait for it...the ref intended to blow the whistle! LOL

I believe one can also declassify government materials just by intending to do so.

So glad Toronto got that tying goal from Nylander.  Seems just to go to OT.

I woll definitely watch.

• pilldoc changed the title to NHL 2022-23 Playoffs Eastern Conference RD 2: Toronto (A2) vs. Florida (WC2) - (Florida wins series 4-1)
  • pilldoc unpinned this topic

LOL ..... OMG...this is hilarious...

From the Leafs game thread ...

"Last year, the leafs were eliminated on my wedding night. Tonight, I’m out with my wife on our anniversary dinner.

Hope they redeem themselves this time around."

:63:

"After all that Panthers nonesense to end the game with no penalties if we lost on a delay of game puck over glass in the neutral zone I wouldn’t even blame Toronto for rioting tonight"

"There was a Cinderella story to be had here, but the slipper didn’t fit. Again."

"Auston you better have been hurt, and Mitch unless you (a) were seriously hurt, and/or (b) my eye test was way off, you were effing  bad again in a do or die game"

"Bettman got his dream Eastern Conference final. The Florida Panthers vs the Carolina Hurricanes. And if he had his choice the Seattle Kraken vs the Vegas Knights in the Western Conference final. Such storied franchises with markets that care about hockey very much.."

"How the  hell did we go a whole freaking playoff series without scoring more than two freakin goals.

Edit: JFC the last time we scored more than two goals was Game 4 against Tampa what the hell"

• Haha 1

Just now, Icechipper said:

Last of Original Six eliminated.

Could this be the year of the South? Only Seattle and Edmonton know snow among those still in the hunt.....❄️

Toronto was screwed! I believe if the people who review these types of plays, would have let it stand they would have been deemed homers!