Trade: Ivan Provorov to CBJ (3 team trade with LA Kings) Edit: now with Poll

Ivan Provorov to CBJ (3 team trade with LA Kings)  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you approve of Briere 1st trade

• Yes - It was a Home Run
    • No - it will backfire in the Flyers face
    • Too Early to Judge
  2. 2. How do you feel about the return for Provorov?

• More than what I was expecting
    • About what I was expecting
    • Slightly less than what I was expecting
    • Way less than what I was expecting

47 minutes ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

I had a notification on my phone saying Hart was traded...I was like what?   It was posted I believe around the same time as the Provorov trade saying we traded Hart to Edmonton.    So either someone got a big scoop or they are out to lunch.

https://www.hockeypatrol.com/BREAKING-Flyers-Trade-Franchise-Cornerstone-Carter-Hart-243854

Conspiracy theory...

...like the BBC reporting tower 7 fell 20 minute a before it actually fell.

I blame Saudia Arabia...

:salute:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, I like the draft pick acquisition. Our player return may not mean much, but accepting the Petersen salary for a few years is a reality we have to live with.  Could he back up Hart?  Is he an overpaid AHLer?  As for the D pick-ups, I defer to the gang.

Subtraction has a cost.  I think Briere minimized it in this deal.  Provo was not part of our future.  We move forward.  And we hope to snag and DEVELOP some high draft picks.  

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Philly he may get killed. 

Will help with the tank....they rebuilding it will be a few years before they are even ready for the playoffs. Take a page out the Blackhawks book....

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

53 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Last year quick/Peterson began the year as the leagues highest priced duo, both are gone both were putrid. I used to think Peterson would have a career, he is no longer young, he sucked in front of a slightly better than average kings defense, in Philly he may get killed. 

I don't disagree.

Yeah  even on the fantasy level he was worth the play until this year. Now not even pipers will play him.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Will help with the tank....they rebuilding it will be a few years before they are even ready for the playoffs. Take a page out the Blackhawks book....

If it's a page with the Kane goal, crap on it then set it on fire.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Briere has given me hope in a way I haven’t had for a long time. Yeah it’s just one trade. One move. But it’s more than we’ve gotten in a while, and what we’ve so desperately needed. In addition the key is, Briere fully grasps that he needs to be creative and flexible. He weaponized his cap space, and got at least one NHLer he can probably flip at the the trade deadline.

Fletcher could not have done this. Briere did. This is a good first step which recoups the Ristolainen picks...

Edited by pilldoc
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I am feeling some sustained hope concerning the team for the first time in a few years. 

There’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive

download.jpeg

Edited by ruxpin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GrittyForever said:

A lot of chatter out of Buffalo about Hart. Nothing real or solid at this point. Might make sense though. 

The have Devon Levi so that wouldn't make much sense either.

Most of the chatter has been Oilers but they have Jack Campbell for 4 years 5mill per and Skinner for 3 yrs/2.6mill.

So guess we have to wait and see what Danny has up his sleeve.

14 hours ago, TimKerrFan12 said:

...and we got nothing for him basically.   I think they just wanted to get rid of him and his contract.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/flyers-trading-ivan-provorov-to-blue-jackets-in-three-way-deal-with-kings/

Got nothing...? I dunno man looks like a whole lotta lottery tickets in return to me and I'm a big believer in buying lottery tickets haha...🍻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

The have Devon Levi so that wouldn't make much sense either.

Most of the chatter has been Oilers but they have Jack Campbell for 4 years 5mill per and Skinner for 3 yrs/2.6mill.

So guess we have to wait and see what Danny has up his sleeve.

Oh a side note the Oilers goalie situations are a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy season for me...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Samifan said:

Wonder if Provorov pulls a Jeff Carter and refuses to play for the jackets and forces them to flip him to another team? 😂 

Nah...Columbus has to rebound this year they got Laine and Johnny Hockey never mind what they had before getting them so I doubt anyone wouldn't want to pay there plus getting a coach like Babcock means the owners are willing to spend to win and any players wants that situation no matter how much of an asshole the coach is...

6 hours ago, ruxpin said:

There’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive

download.jpeg

One of the best movies of all time and one of the best small part performances of all time too...we need Miracle Max in Calgary now because Calgary mostly dead too and the owners seem only wanting tooooo blaaathhhee...

• Haha 1

This draft has 2003 written all over it. Strong draft class, we have 7 and 22. Could be a Carter/Richards type of draft for the Flyers. Although it should have been Getzlaf and Perry:)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

Peterson is a bit confusing but I guess LA had to dump him in order to retain on Provorov?

A team can only retain salary on so many players. 2? I think. 

Need to keep that "asset" for Hayes and another albatross. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Villella McMeans said:

One of the best movies of all time and one of the best small part performances of all time too...we need Miracle Max in Calgary now because Calgary mostly dead too and the owners seem only wanting tooooo blaaathhhee...

Love this movie. Just randomly watched it again this weekend. I've seen very few movies as much as I've seen this one. "Better Off Dead" and "Monty Python: The Holy Grail" are the two that quickly come to mind that are as much or more. I've seen "The Sure Thing" a half million times, too, so that's in the neighborhood.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

A team can only retain salary on so many players. 2? I think. 

Need to keep that "asset" for Hayes and another albatross. 

I didn't realize that. That's a great point.

Maybe trade him for a contract you can LTIR?

I'm only just awake so I'll probably look at my post later and "WTF?" right along side you.

Edited by ruxpin
  • Like 1