2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

On 12/21/2023 at 9:38 PM, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

The wing spots are incredibly secure for the next several years, but it's time to find a center.

From here it looks like they have already found one he just needs to continue to develop...

...Brayden Point would be a helluva find i say. Fingers crossed!!!

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

From here it looks like they have already found one he just needs to continue to develop...

...Brayden Point would be a helluva find i say. Fingers crossed!!!

:PopcornSmiley2:

Londons leading scorer, 7th overall in the OHL. Not bad at all. His drive and smarts should get him somewhere middle six if he keeps going the way he is.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

OK...what if I type about a prospect(s) that could potentially become a Flyer? 

Trade proposal...

Cam York, The Flyers 1st round pick and Hans Gruber (lol) for a move up into the early first round to select our 1C of the future.

Reasoning: I know 23 year old Dmen are not finished products...but my gut tells me what you see is what you get. He's not ever gonna be a prolific scorer, and he was drafted to run the power play. Cam is just very average in most aspects of play. Is he, or will he ever be a cornerstone piece? 

Is he a legit top 4 Dman? With looming RFA status next season, what does his new deal look like? Do the pieces exist to push him out of the top 4? Will another team deem him valuable? 

The Flyers obviously need a future 1C. Does that beast exist in this draft? Is this package enough to move up to get him? Flyers don't suck...so if we are to secure a top Center, some outside the box thinking is needed. 

I know, more questions than answers in this post.... but just thought I'd toss the idea out there. 

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Cam York, The Flyers 1st round pick and Hans Gruber (lol) for a move up into the early first round to select our 1C of the future.

I really don't want to move York right now but how high we talking moving all that?

10 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Trade proposal...

Reasoning: I know 23 year old Dmen are not finished products...but my gut tells me what you see is what you get. He's not ever gonna be a prolific scorer, and he was drafted to run the power play. Cam is just very average in most aspects of play. Is he, or will he ever be a cornerstone piece? 

Is he a legit top 4 Dman? With looming RFA status next season, what does his new deal look like? Do the pieces exist to push him out of the top 4? Will another team deem him valuable? 

The Flyers obviously need a future 1C. Does that beast exist in this draft? Is this package enough to move up to get him? Flyers don't suck...so if we are to secure a top Center, some outside the box thinking is needed. 

I know, more questions than answers in this post.... but just thought I'd toss the idea out there. 

If you're talking about moving that to get the #1 pick Macklin Celebrini, where do I sign? He's a legit 2 way #1.

But unless Chuck Fletcher is  GM of whoever wins the lottery, you're not getting that pick. If it's to get Lindstrom, how high do you need to go to get him? That's about it for potential #1 centres in this defence heavy draft. Maybe Catton?

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

If you're talking about moving that to get the #1 pick Macklin Celebrini, where do I sign? He's a legit 2 way #1.

But unless Chuck Fletcher is  GM of whoever wins the lottery, you're not getting that pick. If it's to get Lindstrom, how high do you need to go to get him? That's about it for potential #1 centres in this defence heavy draft. Maybe Catton?

I realize #1 is not on the table. I know Lindstrom and Catton only by short blurbs I've read. I have sunk all my time studying the NFL upcoming draft of late....so a tad out of touch.  I guess it would depend on how Jones and Flyer head scouts feel about those 2 prospects. 

The reason I mentioned this whole thing is the obvious hole at 1C and the fact we won't have the draft capital necessary to fill the hole without outside the box thinking. It just seems like a crossroads time with York. How does the org view him, how do other GMs view him...what does the RFA deal look like? There is a real chance Zamula can replace Yorks playing time and supply the same type of offensive output. Like I said...just throwing it out there for debate. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I really don't want to move York right now but how high we talking moving all that?

A move up 10-14 spots to get your pick of the litter of Center prospects not named Macklin. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I realize #1 is not on the table. I know Lindstrom and Catton only by short blurbs I've read. I have sunk all my time studying the NFL upcoming draft of late....so a tad out of touch.  I guess it would depend on how Jones and Flyer head scouts feel about those 2 prospects. 

The reason I mentioned this whole thing is the obvious hole at 1C and the fact we won't have the draft capital necessary to fill the hole without outside the box thinking. It just seems like a crossroads time with York. How does the org view him, how do other GMs view him...what does the RFA deal look like? There is a real chance Zamula can replace Yorks playing time and supply the same type of offensive output. Like I said...just throwing it out there for debate. 

#1 C is definitely the teams top priority (and unfortunately a #1 goaltender as well maybe) so I guess apart from hoping what you're saying, we just pray Briere and co. know what they're doing at the draft table.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, flyercanuck said:

just pray Briere and co. know what they're doing at the draft table

Regardless, a few years from now Bob Clarke will let you know who they "really" wanted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, radoran said:

Regardless, a few years from now Bob Clarke will let you know who they "really" wanted.

If only they’d listened! …coulda been a contender…

That ridiculous claim sure hasn’t aged well. To quote basically everybody: ” I loved the player hate the executive.”

• Like 2

Alexi Kosolov on his way to the USA as soon as his KHL teams season (playoff run) is over! I'm assuming he will be assigned to the Phantoms once he arrives. IF he gets a decent amount of starts in the AHL this year...he could conceivably push for Flyers back up tender next season....although the most likely outcome is 2024-25 get acquainted with North America AHL stint...BUT he could force the issue by dominating pre season!! Let's hope!!

3 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Alexi Kosolov on his way to the USA as soon as his KHL teams season (playoff run) is over! I'm assuming he will be assigned to the Phantoms once he arrives. IF he gets a decent amount of starts in the AHL this year...he could conceivably push for Flyers back up tender next season....although the most likely outcome is 2024-25 get acquainted with North America AHL stint...BUT he could force the issue by dominating pre season!! Let's hope!!

Phantoms could use him as they fight for a playoff spot right now 12th seed and not good enough.

If they miss the playoffs it has to be time to find another coach for them down there.

Edited by OccamsRazor
meant him not them hope alphabet police don't get me
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 5:51 PM, jammer2 said:

Trade proposal...

I’m still pissed we passed up two dynamic players ,Caufield and Boldy to draft this plain vanilla defenseman. If Brink turns into a good goal scorer, then it softens the blow a little bit. York doesn’t really stand out at all, but he still has time to develop or if guys like Andrae and Zamula continue to improve ,then maybe York can be traded to move up in the draft or as part of another deal.

23 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I’m still pissed we passed up two dynamic players ,Caufield and Boldy to draft this plain vanilla defenseman

Caufield indeed went the pick after York. There are those who would argue we still don't need another RW 🤪

Boldy went two picks before York. 🤔

Edited by radoran

18 minutes ago, radoran said:

Caufield indeed went the pick after York. There are those who would argue we still don't need another RW 🤪

Boldy went two picks before York. 🤔

I actually preferred Boldy the big left wing. If you recall we could have drafted either but we traded down for a second rounder and then took York and Brink. I think for us to even think we made the right trade ,York needs to put up a lot more points and Brink needs to be a 20-25 goal scorer. 

Edited by radoran

19 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

I actually preferred Boldy the big left wing. If you recall we could have drafted either but we traded down for a second rounder and then took York and Brink.

And the story there is told in why they didn't have a second rounder in the first place...

Dropping a few spots to pick up additional draft capital isn't a bad move when you're cleaning up a mess.

It's what you pick with it.

Flyers need more and consistent production from across their draft picks. Thomas Harley from the same draft is picking it up in Dallas. York should start to produce more if he's going to.

Everybody's a great drafter a few years later.

Just ask Bob Clarke.

Edited by radoran

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

I’m still pissed we passed up two dynamic players ,Caufield and Boldy to draft this plain vanilla defenseman. If Brink turns into a good goal scorer, then it softens the blow a little bit. York doesn’t really stand out at all, but he still has time to develop or if guys like Andrae and Zamula continue to improve ,then maybe York can be traded to move up in the draft or as part of another deal.

Wanted Caufield over York and was quite pissed when the pick was made. The pp QB who can't do what he was drafted for...brilliant.

2 hours ago, radoran said:

Everybody's a great drafter a few years later.

Just ask Bob Clarke.

Unlike Clarke, I wanted Boldy or Caufield before the draft. We still have time for York and Brink to take it to the next level, next year will a big test.

• Like 1

I actually wanted Victor Soderstrom. He was an 18 year old already playing in the Swedish elite league and was playing big minutes. I have no problems with York. As much as I hated Fletcher, he and Brent Flahr could identify defensemen as it pertains to drafting. York is reliable and gives an honest 22 minutes a night. Those are hard defensemen to find and draft.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Flyer prospect crime on crime...

Now X Flyer on X Flyer violence!!!

Giroux said you should have worn the ******* T-Shirt dude!!!