2023-24 Phantoms/Flyer prospects

12 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm glad that Bonk is a Flyer though. Seriously, he's going to be a top pairing defenseman for a long time. That was also a need.

Flyers power play sure could use a skill injection.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 12:47 PM, FLYERS67 said:

It sure would help, the PP is pathetic.

Another crucial piece to the future of the defense.

So with this kid and Bonk it should help fill out the right hand side on the blueline in another year or two.

It would be nice if Danny could go ahead and pull off a trade and get some more of these kids up to help out this putrid PP.

https://twitter.com/TheLibertyYell/status/1727138314032239101/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1727138314032239101&currentTweetUser=TheLibertyYell

21 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

It would be nice if Danny could go ahead and pull off a trade and get some more of these kids up to help out this putrid PP.

https://twitter.com/TheLibertyYell/status/1727138314032239101/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1727138314032239101&currentTweetUser=TheLibertyYell

Not sure if its been talked about on here...but Walker is drawing trade interest. Elliot Friedman reported it. As a right handed defenseman man...price at the deadline could net a nice return. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

I dont think I've ever seen the Flyers score a PP goal like that.

• Like 1

Bonk putting together a really nice season in London. 22 games, 22 points, 5 goals with little power play time. He might end up being one of those rare defensemen that will put up numbers with very little power play time. I think he's going to make the jump as a 20 year old. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Bonk putting together a really nice season in London. 22 games, 22 points, 5 goals with little power play time. He might end up being one of those rare defensemen that will put up numbers with very little power play time. I think he's going to make the jump as a 20 year old. 

I would be happy if Bonk had the same career arc as Bowen Byram. 2nd paring guy who gets pts despite not being on the top pp. Of course, Byram is blocked by Makar, where Bonk does not have that problem. Its not like York is hard to leapfrog. 

• Like 1

Samu Tuomaala with a goal and two assists tonight and Alexis Gendron with two goals in a 5-4 win over Rochester. Of note, Tuomaala now has 17 points in 18 games and is tied for the AHL lead in assists with Brandt Clarke. I think it's safe to say that Samu is back on track and that he looks like a legitimate prospect again. He seems to be hitting stride. Hopefully the Flyers do the right thing with him and leave him in Lehigh Valley for the year. Let him get on a role and dominate down there. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Samu Tuomaala with a goal and two assists tonight and Alexis Gendron with two goals in a 5-4 win over Rochester. Of note, Tuomaala now has 17 points in 18 games and is tied for the AHL lead in assists with Brandt Clarke. I think it's safe to say that Samu is back on track and that he looks like a legitimate prospect again. He seems to be hitting stride. Hopefully the Flyers do the right thing with him and leave him in Lehigh Valley for the year. Let him get on a role and dominate down there. 

Sami Kapanen has put a lot of work in working with Samu.

Seems like it may have saved this young man's career and that is so great to hear.

Every man needs a good role model and it seems these two found each other at the right time.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2023 at 9:48 AM, OccamsRazor said:

Sami Kapanen has put a lot of work in working with Samu.

Seems like it may have saved this young man's career and that is so great to hear.

Every man needs a good role model and it seems these two found each other at the right time.

Sami Kapanen is the gift that keeps on giving to this organ-eye-zay-shun :cooldude:

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

On 11/23/2023 at 8:28 AM, jammer2 said:

Not sure if its been talked about on here...but Walker is drawing trade interest. Elliot Friedman reported it. As a right handed defenseman man...price at the deadline could net a nice return. 

I didn't expect Walker to be as good as he's been. I thought he would have a bounce back year since he's about a year out from knee surgery. I didn't expect him to play as much or as well as he has.

Ideally the Flyers will be a couple of 8 points out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline for any Walker deal to happen. 

If they keep playing as they've been, right now they're 2nd in the Metro, I can't see where dealing one of the team's better players is a good thing for the rebuild. Unless the plan is to trade every player that skated for the team this season. (It's not).

2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

I didn't expect Walker to be as good as he's been. I thought he would have a bounce back year since he's about a year out from knee surgery. I didn't expect him to play as much or as well as he has.

Ideally the Flyers will be a couple of 8 points out of a playoff spot at the trade deadline for any Walker deal to happen. 

If they keep playing as they've been, right now they're 2nd in the Metro, I can't see where dealing one of the team's better players is a good thing for the rebuild. Unless the plan is to trade every player that skated for the team this season. (It's not).

Yeah...it will be a fine line between playoffs/rebuild it appears. The end goal ....unlike other regimes is actually winning the Cup..not making the playoffs...so that will factor in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Yeah...it will be a fine line between playoffs/rebuild it appears. The end goal ....unlike other regimes is actually winning the Cup..not making the playoffs...so that will factor in.

Guess so much for playing the kids.

The blueline tonight only one kid in the lineup back there. Cam York.

37 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

The blueline tonight only one kid in the lineup back there. Cam York

if this is the same 10 games from now, I'll join you with some tar.

right now though, eh, Z could probably use some time to view the game

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

Depends what the offers are for Walker. He's played well, but it seems Briere really wants to build a sound and solid foundation and I'm not sure if Walker fits the bill. 

I had also read online that Vancouver has started to sniff around and that there have been scouts at Flyers games watching Walker.

If the offer is something like Aatu Raty and a draft pick, Briere should be all over that. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Depends what the offers are for Walker. He's played well, but it seems Briere really wants to build a sound and solid foundation and I'm not sure if Walker fits the bill. 

I had also read online that Vancouver has started to sniff around and that there have been scouts at Flyers games watching Walker.

If the offer is something like Aatu Raty and a draft pick, Briere should be all over that. 

I'm kinda hoping for a high 2nd round pick ....

1) The guy is 29 years old, possibly playing over his head a bit. Sean does not really fit the rebuild time line.

2) He's a right handed D man ....those are always in high demand. 

3) Not really a factor, but Danny already won his first substantial trade. Getting something of substance for the "throw in" Walker will make it look like highway robbery. 

4) We all know how GMs lose their friggin minds adding Dmen at the deadline. Sounds crazy, but a late first from a Cup contender is not out of the question.

5) A Russian that should have been ranked much higher but ignored due to the World today?? Yes please!!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

Holy smokes is that for real? All bc Wisdom scored a goal? 

Okay google clued me in it was Teddy Bear Toss Night…ok sure why not…ha!

Seems like a lot of games for ZW to get his 1st goal. Do you know if he’s been hurt or what?

Kids fallen off a cliff. Hope he gets something going. Definitely had a soft spot for him.

• Like 1

Bad news, good news. Our 1st round d man Bonk has made Team Canada! 

Unfortunately, Denver Barkey was one of the 4 Forwards cut. 

Apparently, the Team will add one more forward. That spot is being held for Benson (Buffalo prospect) or Potrios ( 3rd line Center for Boston currently). 

If neither of those guys is released, 1 of the 4 forwards cut from camp takes the final spot. 

Firkus was considered the front runner, but apparently had a sub par camp. He's the best pure sniper available, but his less than stellar play may have opened the door for Barkey. 

Remember, a Forward usually gets hurt during the physical Tournament...so hope is still there for Denver!

Samu Tuomaala with a goal and assist in a 4-3 lists to Laval. That's now 22 points in 25 games and he's leading the team in scoring as a 20 year old. I'm going to give credit where credit is due - Chuck Fletcher and Brent Flahr may have hit a grand slam with Tuomaala. He's going to be REAL good. 

• Like 1