Flyers trading D'Angelo back to Canes!

jammer2

14 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I'm with you. Every move made that removes an existing "problem", is a step in a new direction. I can at least have hope that it's the right direction

:PopcornSmiley2:

🤬

9 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

According to Flyers writer Jamey Baskow, the Tony DeAngelo trade should be announced at some point today. Addition by subtraction.

2nd one I seen now Chuck is ******** us once again.

🤬

• Uggh... 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

2nd one I seen now Chuck is ******** us once again.

🤬

I think this is all just boring Sunday fodder. The Canes GM came out a few days ago saying the trade will happen

It probably hasn't been announced because it is Sunday

3 minutes ago, CoachX said:

I think this is all just boring Sunday fodder. The Canes GM came out a few days ago saying the trade will happen

It probably hasn't been announced because it is Sunday

Because GMs never lie?

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Because GMs never lie?

I'm sure they do. Although I doubt Fletcher was smart enough to know a lie from a truth. However, it seems to me that Waddell coming out and saying the trade will be honored,  knowing he was lying (assumption), really puts him in a bad spot. It was direct language,  not vague GM speak allowing interpretation 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

I like the term. Still considerable upside, but an outside chance hes horrible during this deal...or very, very average. Prove you deserve a longer deal!

And if he does prove he is worth a longer contract i am really good with a 5 year deal.

4 hours ago, jammer2 said:

Meanwhile Caufield awaits his 8 year deal....pffft.

Caufield would have never gotten a chance here. Vigneault and Therrien would have ruined him and he would have been a throw in on another deal. I get that he's a goal scorer (and I think we're going to have one in Foerster who will put up big numbers for goals), but York might be the guy on the defense and that's critical. You know what, I'm going to give Tortorella that. He's really good at developing defensemen. If York does indeed become a number one defenseman, his value immediately surpasses anything Caufield does. I'm waiting for when York gets a full season in to see what he can do.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I'm waiting for when York gets a full season in to see what he can do.

A solid steady partner will go a long ways.

After his 2 year deal is up he will be 24 and i would then hand him a 5 year deal which would carry him to 29 and we'll see what happens from there.

I'm not into an 8 year deal with anyone yet on this team i'm just not.

They seem to do more harm than good.

31 minutes ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Caufield would have never gotten a chance here. Vigneault and Therrien would have ruined him and he would have been a throw in on another deal. I get that he's a goal scorer (and I think we're going to have one in Foerster who will put up big numbers for goals), but York might be the guy on the defense and that's critical. You know what, I'm going to give Tortorella that. He's really good at developing defensemen. If York does indeed become a number one defenseman, his value immediately surpasses anything Caufield does. I'm waiting for when York gets a full season in to see what he can do.

I'm willing to be patient on York...but he has not shown (to this point) that he has the chops to run a pp...and goal scorers don't grow on trees...really good chance Caufield gets 40+ as soon as next year.

21 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I'm willing to be patient on York...but he has not shown (to this point) that he has the chops to run a pp...and goal scorers don't grow on trees...really good chance Caufield gets 40+ as soon as next year.

I'm going to bet that Caufield is often broken and on the shelf 

31 minutes ago, GrittyForever said:

Very annoying that DeAngelo has not moved now that we are past the July date. 

Crazy they have his #77 and the pic behind his face is him in a Canes uniform.

https://www.nhl.com/player/tony-deangelo-8477950

But then below it - it still says Philadelphia Flyers.

• Sad 1

Reports all over Twitter state that there is a chance the Canes could back out completely of the proposed deal. (Which I thought was a done deal....just waiting for the paperwork snafu to go through...) 

Several reporters on Twitter today are now saying it appears the trade is stalled, and the reasoning seems to be that the Hurricanes are very interested in bringing in Erik Karlsson from the San Jose Sharks.

Doing so would leave no room for DeAngelo, even with the Flyers retaining some of his salary.

Stay tuned ..... this saga is not over yet ......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmQHi9fC12c-YLgTkQZBCFDcHrI2SuA3ztwrmNR1sY0JfBjTT9BtIJhYP1-I0&s

2 hours ago, pilldoc said:

Reports all over Twitter state that there is a chance the Canes could back out completely of the proposed deal. (Which I thought was a done deal....just waiting for the paperwork snafu to go through...) 

Several reporters on Twitter today are now saying it appears the trade is stalled, and the reasoning seems to be that the Hurricanes are very interested in bringing in Erik Karlsson from the San Jose Sharks.

Doing so would leave no room for DeAngelo, even with the Flyers retaining some of his salary.

Stay tuned ..... this saga is not over yet ......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmQHi9fC12c-YLgTkQZBCFDcHrI2SuA3ztwrmNR1sY0JfBjTT9BtIJhYP1-I0&s

Because Karlsson and Brent Burns worked so damn awesomely in San Jose.

Honestly, the Canes shock me every year they continue to do well.  I swear it's despite Waddell, not because of.

• Like 3