Flyers trading D'Angelo back to Canes!

jammer2

3 hours ago, GrittyForever said:

So if it happens, we gave up 3 draft picks for a loaner and then ate half his salary. Wow. 

Happy to see him go though. 

It's how Fletcher rolls.

• Like 3
  • Annoyed 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Yes, you could say that Danny's first priority has been "De-Fletchering."

Yes, like Hextall, he's going to spend a lot of energy trying to get rid of crap his predecessor signed long term.

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

2 hours ago, jammer2 said:

As the bald headed dude says "make it so"

Just get through this necessary but painful part Danny!!

I'm glad he doesn't want to come to Philly really but now WTF wants Krug he sucks he is more like a left hand Tony Deangelo offense is lacking and defense is non existent.

I don't know how they are going to find a team with a playoff shot (because i know he doesn't want to go to some bottom feeder) who would want this guy for 4 more years at 6.5 mill per season??

Where is Fletecher when you need him somEone hire that clown already. 

I knew going to bed last night all this was too good to be true. I blame Eric Lindros!!!!!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes, like Hextall, he's going to spend a lot of energy trying to get rid of crap his predecessor signed long term.

Give him credit though, he's trying to move fast and do it all now. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Math said:

Yeah, I hear what Chris Johnston is saying about trading DeAngelo for pennies on the dollar, but at this point I look at it as one less saga for this team to deal with. We have to DeFletcherize this team. Take as much as is possible now is what I'm saying, and turn the page.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Yeah, I hear what Chris Johnston is saying about trading DeAngelo for pennies on the dollar, but at this point I look at it as one less saga for this team to deal with. We have to DeFletcherize this team. Take as much as is possible now is what I'm saying, and turn the page.

Exactly. Remember this was (still is) a huge mess and this is year one for Briere. First step was SUBTRACTION. Clearly Torts gave him a long list. If they can get all the subtraction done in one season and add picks/prospects it'll be a huge successful first step no matter how bad we are next year. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2

Maybe I am naïve, but it seems like we don't want the senior staff of the hockey teams handling state secrets or sensitive health info, whatever.  Even if the "leakers" are kept off the record, it seems a lot of information is getting out about prospective trades that could hurt the reps of people involved or of teams' bargaining positions.  It just seems strange this stuff would get so much coverage before happening.  

• Like 1

Well, I feel like the deals are going to collapse. Now we'll see how good of a GM Briere is. He has no choice now but to move the players mentioned. They can't come back into the locker room knowing that they were going to be moved and you can bet they'll be pissed that they're in a place where they aren't wanted.

Danny's going to have to get real creative to pull these moves off. It's too bad about the TDA trade because there's no reason why that should have gone down the drain. Take whatever prospect they're offering and move on. If Ponomarev was the guy, then you run with him. Worst case is that he doesn't pan out and goes back to Russia. Something else must have been going on there for that to collapse.

1 minute ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Well, I feel like the deals are going to collapse. Now we'll see how good of a GM Briere is. He has no choice now but to move the players mentioned. They can't come back into the locker room knowing that they were going to be moved and you can bet they'll be pissed that they're in a place where they aren't wanted.

Danny's going to have to get real creative to pull these moves off. It's too bad about the TDA trade because there's no reason why that should have gone down the drain. Take whatever prospect they're offering and move on. If Ponomarev was the guy, then you run with him. Worst case is that he doesn't pan out and goes back to Russia. Something else must have been going on there for that to collapse.

Seriously asking. It seemed like the TDA deal was dependent upon the St. Louis trade going through.  Did the money not work for retaining 50% of TDA without St. Louis?   I'm thinking the "snag" with Carolina was somewhere along those lines.

• Uggh... 1

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Only the Flyers can have the NHL jump in and intervene SMFH.

The league is probably on the Flyers case because Bobby Clarke used to do this all the time in the days of the old waiver draft. 

He got nailed one year for sending Pete Peters to Winnipeg and then took Shawn Cronin. After the draft, he traded Cronin for Peters. I get that there wasn't a salary cap back then, but the Flyers tried to cheat the system to keep Peters (I believe they protected Ron Hextall and Bruce Hoffort) without exposing him to the waiver draft.

Bobby Clarke used to do so sorts of shady ****.

• Like 1

So the NHL let the Bolts and Knights circumvent the salary cap to win Cups but now has a problem with Danny undoing what Chuck did make this make sense???

It is so obvious Gary hates the Flyers all you need to know now...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So the NHL let the Bolts and Knights circumvent the salary cap to win Cups but now has a problem with Danny undoing what Chuck did make this make sense???

It is so obvious Gary hates the Flyers all you need to know now...

It's been obvious to me for a while.

• Like 1