My God, how bad are the Sharks

yave1964

The Sharks lost night 3-1 to the Capitals. All things considered it was one of their best games.

Really the goaltending and defense have not been bad. Or rather not horrible all things considered. Ok, maybe close to horrible but miles better than the offense.

Through nine games they have nine goals.

Alex Debrincat has nine goals.

So through nine games the combined Sharks offense has as many combined goals as one player . 

Only once through their 0-8-1 start have they finished within one goal of their opponent. Their leading scorer is hertl with 5 points, which as bad as that is, it means he has been involved in over half his teams offense. It speaks volumes for how bad the rest of the lineup is 

The defense traded 101 points Karlsson has zero goals and seven assists.

Zetterlund and Zadina lead the team with two goals each. Every single player is a minus in plus/minus. 

The goalies to be fair have a combined .907 save pct. But have an insane amount of rubber fired at them nightly the sharks are being outshoot by nearly fourteen per night averaging 38 shots against with a bit over 24 for. Already four times, nearly half they have given up over 40 shots in a game, three times the shots against has more than doubled shots for. Although both goalies have goals against in the threes, it is because the ice is tilted so badly their way. I did not mention either goalie by name to protect the innocent. They are like Custer on ice. Simply overran.

They have been outscored 37-9. Literally they have been outscored by over 4-1 nightly. They only have one game where they were not outscored by two or more.

They are last by a mile in goal differential. Last in power play. Last on the penalty kill. Last in takeaway/giveaway. 

Only bright stat is they are second in faceoffs because somehow, someway Hertl is playing his tail off.

Couture is still not back from injury but he cannot be counted on as the savior, this is one of the absolute worst non expansion teams of all time.

Edited by yave1964

31 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

The Sharks lost night 3-1 to the Capitals. All things considered it was one of their best games.

But for a bad bounce off of a Shark’s fin with five minutes remaining for the unlucky own-goal giving Washington a sketchy 2-1 lead, San Jose would have likely gone to OT with a fair shot at victory.

So yeah, Sharks in it until the last minute empty netter.  A lot of BS talk from Caps in the WaPo article this morning about how ‘a win is a win’ so OK let’s see how ya do against tougher foes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Bad enough to get the pick for macklin celebrini I hope 

Dude as a wings fan who could barely watch them for several years, you hAve my sympathy. This Sharks team could literally shatter several non expansion records for futility. 

Good match in cupquest btw. Congrats , I thought I had one move left Sunday but didn't. Probably wouldn't of mattered.

• Like 1

Honestly, looking over this Sharks roster, it looks to me like they will just roll with what they have...a mixture of capable veterans with a bunch of very inexperienced guys....and come the deadline, the vets who draw any interest will be dealt for picks.
Seems like the Sharks' way of "tanking" without necessarily "tanking" if that makes any sense.

They will be bad this year, sell off their more valuable vets who may become good secondary players elsewhere, add to the 4 picks in the first two rounds they already have, next season, probably play mostly young guys, likely be bad again, get MORE high draft picks, then by year 3 start an upward trend towards relevancy once again.

I watched the Lightning absolutely dominate this team when they played in Tampa, FL, and have watched bits of San Jose games here and there against other opponents and they just don't look like a team, as a whole anyways, that is out there to win, but rather, look like a bunch of guys waiting for 'shoes to drop', guys to get shipped elsewhere, and whomever remains, remains.

In the midst of a tough stretch of seasons for Sharks fans. Has to be.
But, if the FO and the scouting, drafting, and development teams do their jobs right, this will all pay off for them in about two or three seasons.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Dude as a wings fan who could barely watch them for several years, you hAve my sympathy. This Sharks team could literally shatter several non expansion records for futility. 

Good match in cupquest btw. Congrats , I thought I had one move left Sunday but didn't. Probably wouldn't of mattered.

Im totally ok with a rebuild and im strapped in for 2-3 more years of suckage. The more high picks the better. I want a Sharks 1st overall.

If we can move more contracts for 1st and 2nd rounders, ill be happy. I'd like a Cole Eiserman and a Macklin Celebrini

The only time I am really watching right now is the rare night I don't work early and want to see how the youngsters are doing.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 4:28 PM, yave1964 said:

Really the goaltending and defense have not been bad. Or rather not horrible all things considered. Ok, maybe close to horrible but miles better than the offense.

Through nine games they have nine goals.

Alex Debrincat has nine goals.

So through nine games the combined Sharks offense has as many combined goals as one player . 

Only once through their 0-8-1 start have they finished within one goal of their opponent. Their leading scorer is hertl with 5 points, which as bad as that is, it means he has been involved in over half his teams offense. It speaks volumes for how bad the rest of the lineup is 

The defense traded 101 points Karlsson has zero goals and seven assists.

Zetterlund and Zadina lead the team with two goals each. Every single player is a minus in plus/minus. 

The goalies to be fair have a combined .907 save pct. But have an insane amount of rubber fired at them nightly the sharks are being outshoot by nearly fourteen per night averaging 38 shots against with a bit over 24 for. Already four times, nearly half they have given up over 40 shots in a game, three times the shots against has more than doubled shots for. Although both goalies have goals against in the threes, it is because the ice is tilted so badly their way. I did not mention either goalie by name to protect the innocent. They are like Custer on ice. Simply overran.

They have been outscored 37-9. Literally they have been outscored by over 4-1 nightly. They only have one game where they were not outscored by two or more.

They are last by a mile in goal differential. Last in power play. Last on the penalty kill. Last in takeaway/giveaway. 

Only bright stat is they are second in faceoffs because somehow, someway Hertl is playing his tail off.

Couture is still not back from injury but he cannot be counted on as the savior, this is one of the absolute worst non expansion teams of all time.

Are the flyers on their schedule?  Help will arrive at some point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Are the flyers on their schedule?  Help will arrive at some point.

This is the absolute worst non expansion teams in NHL history. Bar none. I know a lot of folks in Shark land accept it and hope they can deal assets at the deadline for high picks but other than Hertl and the injured Couture nobody on this flop of a team has anything other than negative value. Oh a few kids, but you don't trade them you use them as building blocks and hope they don't pick up too many habits from the foreign legion of a roster. This is such a bad team. And Hertl/Couture have no move deals and love San Jose.

Edited by yave1964
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 7:48 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Honestly, looking over this Sharks roster, it looks to me like they will just roll with what they have...a mixture of capable veterans with a bunch of very inexperienced guys....and come the deadline, the vets who draw any interest will be dealt for picks.
Seems like the Sharks' way of "tanking" without necessarily "tanking" if that makes any sense.

They will be bad this year, sell off their more valuable vets who may become good secondary players elsewhere, add to the 4 picks in the first two rounds they already have, next season, probably play mostly young guys, likely be bad again, get MORE high draft picks, then by year 3 start an upward trend towards relevancy once again.

I watched the Lightning absolutely dominate this team when they played in Tampa, FL, and have watched bits of San Jose games here and there against other opponents and they just don't look like a team, as a whole anyways, that is out there to win, but rather, look like a bunch of guys waiting for 'shoes to drop', guys to get shipped elsewhere, and whomever remains, remains.

In the midst of a tough stretch of seasons for Sharks fans. Has to be.
But, if the FO and the scouting, drafting, and development teams do their jobs right, this will all pay off for them in about two or three seasons.

A Shark Tank! Geez, I crack myself up!🤣

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, yave1964 said:

This bad 

10-1 loss to the Canucks. 

In ten games the Sharks have ten goals, Vancouver scored ten against in one game. 

Bad of biblical proportion.

That equates to 82 goals for the entire season ..... yikes .....

For a point of reference the lowest scoring teams I could find all time (using a 82 game schedule)

2013-14 Buffalo Sabres = 150 Goals

1997-98 Tampa Bay Lightning = 151 Goals

2014-15 Buffalo Sabres = 153 Goals

2001-02 Columbus Blue Jackets = 164 Goals

So yeah ....The Sharks are on pace to absolutely demolish that record in, as @yave1964 says, in biblical proportion!

Edited by pilldoc
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yave1964 said:

This bad 

10-1 loss to the Canucks. 

In ten games the Sharks have ten goals, Vancouver scored ten against in one game. 

Bad of biblical proportion.

Slacking for Macklin.

Imagine a team where MacKenzie blackwood is player of the month LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, yave1964 said:

This is the absolute worst non expansion teams in NHL history. Bar none. I know a lot of folks in Shark land accept it and hope they can deal assets at the deadline for high picks but other than Hertl and the injured Couture nobody on this flop of a team has anything other than negative value. Oh a few kids, but you don't trade them you use them as building blocks and hope they don't pick up too many habits from the foreign legion of a roster. This is such a bad team. And Hertl/Couture have no move deals and love San Jose.

Oh I'm sure they will waive those LOL

41 minutes ago, J0e Th0rnton said:

Oh I'm sure they will waive those LOL

Looking the roster over if the two vet centers don't waive there is literally nobody (other than a few kids who you won't trade) who will get more than a 5th or 6th rounder. Simply the worst non expansion team I have ever seen. Do you blame Grier? Do you blame the piss poor drafting on Wilson? 

10 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

:rolleyes: :shifty:
sharktank.jpg.93e058499825147e2110159173bfd268.jpg

Brilliant!  Get on the show, a little bit of Shark on Shark action, ask “Mr Wonderful” for the miracle solution needed!  (And Cuban can offer pro franchise ownership guidance.  Or buy them.)

Edited by SaucyJack
  • Haha 1