Game 24: Philadelphia Flyers at Pittsburgh Penguins: 12/2/23 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Howie58

Tyson Foerster's release is ++.

The pp goal to go up 3-2  was a seed.  Holy smokes,  Jarry didn't move until the puck was on the way back out of the net. 

He's been way better than I was expecting.  That kid is smart, wins more battles along the boards than it looks like he should. He has really good vision and anticipation. When he's on the ice **** is happening. Morgan Frost could stand to take a lesson from him. 

The skating concern seems resolved. 

He's looking like a really good pick. 

He looks like a baby. 

He's a ****** killer. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

That kid is smart, wins more battles along the boards than it looks like he should. He has really good vision and anticipation.

At this point it is time to move Cam...at this point i would take any draft pick to move him. Any. 7th?? Done.

Move Cam asap i ain't even waiting just open up a roster spot so they don't have to choose between Brink and Frost this is stupid as fcuk.

Buh bye Atkinson.

71 Tyson Foerster - 14 Sean Couturier - 11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee - 21 Scott Laughton - 10 Bobby Brink
74 Owen Tippett - 48 Morgan Frost - 28 Olle Lycksell
44 Nic Deslauriers - 25 Ryan Poehling - 19 Garnet Hathaway

33 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Foerster is becoming a true power forward.  Even when he wasn't scoring goals, he was playing great defense & making smart plays. 

On the other hand, Sanheim haas been awful.  That was a great deflection by him scoring a goal on Errson.  Sanheim is now a team worse -14.

What I've seen from Travis this season is FAR from awful.

He's on the ice all the time so of course he's going to make mistakes. He's playing nearly 25 minutes a night in all situations.

If you were to say he's not slotted correctly I'd probably not have commented . More is being asked of him than his ability allows, so far he's holding up. He's carrying the top pair of a winning hockey team. He isn't Peitrangelo or Hedman but he's the best this team has.

Regarding the bad luck deflection,  Does anyone want him to just let that pass go through the slot to whomever might be on the backdoor?

Is the whole team buying into blocking shots? 

Until the team finds the #1 minute eating defenseman it's ceiling is probably what we're seeing.

Sanhiem isn't a #1 on a good hockey team he's a #3 .

That's not "awful".

• Like 2
  • Good Post 1

23 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

At this point it is time to move Cam...at this point i would take any draft pick to move him. Any. 7th?? Done.

If there's value for him, sure.

Moving him just because, maybe Ollie Lyskell might do something? No thanks. 

I don't want any Lord of the Flies bs going on with these young guys. I think Cam's voice in the lockerroom is worth keeping him on until the good deal comes along.

A 7th? That GM can fuxk all the way off.

Edited by mojo1917

13 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Moving him just because, maybe Ollie Lyskell might do something?

Dude he is the worst forward out of the top 9 he is 34 year old why would you want to keep him??

Olle is on pace for 52 goals for the Phantoms 4th in the NHL in scoring goals 6 power play goals in 20 games hell the whole goddamn Flyers team doesn't have but 7 goals on the season 

3 game winners this season already

I thought you wanted to rebuild and get younger?? Olle is 24 effin years old WTF are we waiting for??

Throw the kid a damn bone. Take whatever you can get to move Cam and his 5.8 mill price tag just free up the roster spot 

I want to know more about Olle and no need to wait they need more guys who can score goals skate and move the puck

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Dude he is the worst forward out of the top 9 he is 34 year old why would you want to keep him??

Olle is on pace for 52 goals for the Phantoms 4th in the NHL in scoring goals 6 power play goals in 20 games hell the whole goddamn Flyers team doesn't have but 7 goals on the season 

3 game winners this season already

I thought you wanted to rebuild and get younger?? Olle is 24 effin years old WTF are we waiting for??

Throw the kid a damn bone. Take whatever you can get to move Cam and his 5.8 mill price tag just free up the roster spot 

I want to know more about Olle and no need to wait they need more guys who can score goals skate and move the puck

I don't see any pressing need for more cap space, I don't see any reason to manage an asset that poorly.

Dump the guy for a bag of pucks doesn't seem wise to me.

I do think Cam is a trade candidate. I don't think he's hot garbage and is a guy the team should deal for nothing or have to retain salary to move.

I don't want Frost on the team long term, but I don't think the Flyers should get rid of him for nothing.

Manage the assets, don't be impatient. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

I don't see any pressing need for more cap space

Not about that just identifying weak spots and removing them...i am not saying give up something to move him but i see no point leadership or not plenty of that s hit still left.

I won't to be slowly move on from some of these guys very very shortly especially after the holiday season is over at least by mid January his contract gives him little value moving but i wouldn't squabble take what you can get and move on.

Any ways i have seen enough of him in the bits and pieces when i watched to say yeah he can get you some goals and would be a good depth option on a 3rd line somewhere going into the playoffs.

All i really care about sharing on this team i am more focus on football right now big game coming up today so got to prepare talk later.

1 hour ago, mojo1917 said:

Manage the assets, don't be impatient. 

This.

No need to move Atkinson for a bag of pucks when a team making a playoff push might give up something of value at the deadline.

I'm not at all worried about what happens in December. If they turn into buyers at the deadline, that's a problem...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, radoran said:

If they turn into buyers at the deadline, that's a problem...

You’re being much too kind. If they decide to “go for it” this year by trading away picks, prospects or anyone under 24 they will have betrayed everything they’ve been saying since they fired Fletcher. But I don’t believe they’ll do that, not even if they’re in a PO spot at the TD, which is even money right now.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

dumping Ghost for nothing worked out great for us!

We didn't trade him for nothing....we traded him, a 2nd and a 7th so we could trade the 13th overall pick, a 2nd and Hagg for Ristolainen whos been between absolutely terrible and mediocre for us. 

F***ing brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1
  • Annoyed 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

We didn't trade him for nothing....we traded him, a 2nd and a 7th so we could trade the 13th overall pick, a 2nd and Hagg for Ristolainen whos been between absolutely terrible and mediocre for us. 

F***ing brilliant. 

That's Fletcher!  One of the worse GM's ever.

• Like 2
  • Uggh... 1

5 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Well it looks like Foerster has finally gotten off the schneid

The kid's release is unreal.

It reminds me a little bit of pre-Xbox Laine.

When he leans on it, the puck is past the goalie before they can react.  It is an elite skill. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

The kid's release is unreal.

It reminds me a little bit of pre-Xbox Laine.

When he leans on it, the puck is past the goalie before they can react.  It is an elite skill. 

Had the pleasure of watching him live many times. Always knew his shot was NHL calibre. He worked hard to get better all the time. Hope he keeps it up. I'm definitely rooting hard for this guy.

• Like 4

After the game last night Tortorella had a ton of praise for him, the work he continues to put in...there was much more. He called him the "best on the team" away from the puck. You don't hear a HC say that very often hardly ever about a rookie. From what I can see on television Foerster deserves every bit of it. Now he's snapping goals from above the dots - and they weren't the 5th and 6th goals in a blowout they were key goals in both Pens' games.

• Like 3
  • Good Post 1

11 hours ago, GratefulFlyers said:

He called him the "best on the team" away from the puck. You don't hear a HC say that very often hardly ever about a rookie.

Or about a shooter. They're usually goal sucks who aren't very good without the puck.

• Like 1