Bedard out with brooken jaw ..dirty hit? yes or no?

Bedard will miss ~6 weeks with a broken jaw.

Was it a dirty hit yes or no?

(Full transparency .... Bedard is a Keeper on my FHL team, whom I drafted #2 overall this past fall, so yes I have a vested interest here ....)

Part of me wants to say it was dirty and part of me just does not know ... what says the masses?

• Like 1

Not dirty at all just a good defensive play to stand him up near the line and knock him down...I got Bedard in one of my pools too but I got him in lower rounds...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

This i'm on the fence with...

Same (fence).  I'm going with good hit with bad result, but yeah, fence.

I grew up watching when this wasn't even talked about, so there's that.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, ruxpin said:

Same (fence).  I'm going with good hit with bad result, but yeah, fence.

I grew up watching when this wasn't even talked about, so there's that.

Yep....good clean hit, bad result.

Out 4-6 weeks, there goes the calder.

• Like 3

I'm with the majority on this one: good hit, unfortunate outcome.
And you ALWAYS want to see a hard nosed game, but NEVER want to see a player be injured to where he can't play.
It doesn't matter if it is Connor Bedard or Evan Rodrigues....those guys have to make a living, regardless of their 'star status',  so one never roots for an injury.

Kudos to Bedard's teammates for fighting for him, then playing an even harder game against NJ, all well and good.
And most of the 'Rah, rah' stuff seems to be revolving around the Hawks and "Stand up for Bedard".

Let's not lose focus of the fine job Brendan Smith did.
He leveled one of the NHL's current darlings, did it cleanly, knowing full well the consequences, either from the league or Bedard's teammates, of him doing so.
But he did his job, didn't let a talented player like Bedard simply skate by him, and did what he is paid to do: Put goal scorers on their arses.

So, yea, clean hit...good on the Hawks for upping the intensity and not allowing the Devils to push them around, but good on Smith and some rah rah for him for keeping hard nosed hockey alive n well.

People want to talk about Foligno and company 'galvanized' by their standing up for their teammate? Fine.

Devils should be galvanized by having a player who doesn't care who the other guy is.....only that he isn't getting a free pass by him.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Clean hit, no intent there.  Unfortunate outcome for Bedard.  It didn’t even look like a really hard hit.

[sarcasm] Besides, Bedard is a bust! [/end sarcasm]

Yeah, he didn't really even step up in to Bedard; if anything, he let up. The kid just skated into and bounced off of him.

• Like 3

Perfectly clean hit, something that is disappearing from the game. 
last Time I checked defenseman are still allowed to play their spot on the ice and stand up a player that has the puck on his stick. 
I missed it did the Chicago players that jumped on the Devil’s player get the instigator penalty. 
I for one am tired of players getting jumped for making clean hits.