Trade: Cutter Gauthier traded to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and 2nd RD Pick

He is such pre Madonna . So then **** that, guy!

Cutter made his name in NHL as "don't want to play and no communication". That is dead end if he will not be able to adjust in Ducks. I think it will be "bust" in few years. 

Edited by phlfly
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

How would they have known? 

I'm sure they talk to the kid before they pick them.

Something else has to have happened. 

I read "rumors" that Cutter did not want to go to College...wanted to jump to the NHL as an 18 year old. I would imagine the Flyers insisted at least 1 year of NCAA would be best for his development..

This could explain the rift if true....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

They said he was mad because he wanted to sign last year and play in the NHL this year and didn’t want to go back to college for another year. Could this be true, sounds ridiculous.

I read the same thing on reddit.

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

So what the hell changed????????

Thinking back .....

this makes sense now ....

That's why the Flyers' fifth-overall pick in the 2022 NHL draft was noticeably absent from Flyers development camp at the beginning of July. “Was a little bit too much hockey after Worlds,” Gauthier told NHL.com on Sunday. “Just too much for me. I wanted time with the family.

https://www.inquirer.com/flyers/cutter-gauthier-flyers-danny-briere-junior-worlds-developmental-camp-20230730.html

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/07/30/cutter-gauthier-explains-why-he-missed-flyers-development-camp-philadelphia-prospect-fifth-overall-pick/

https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/flyers-top-prospect-declines-invite-to-training-camp

I smell something rotten in Denmark .......

Me thinks this has been festering for awhile .........

Ha! Stinkville/Denmark...didn't even see your post and both came up with stinky...hilarious!

24 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Damn this sounds like they dodged a bullet. Philly would have ate him alive.

Who wrote that?  Pretty damning.

Someone must’ve told him about Torts and the defense first approach!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

I'm trying to find it.

Edited by OccamsRazor

1 hour ago, Mad Dog said:

Not sure what to think.......... I don't like Drysdale's game even a little. As impressive as he was in the major junior, so disappointing his NHL career has been so far. For someone who is supposed to use his speed and smooth skating to his advantage, he doesn't win many loose puck battles and doesn't quarterback PP all that well. He cuts off angles well; I'll give him that.  But what use is it when you constantly lose puck possessions and don't handle yourself well under pressure?  Pinches in on a rush, but doesn't work hard to get back... Fourth year career minus player. Also seems injury-prone... I don't blame the Ducks for getting frustrated.

I mean, I do believe Cutter didn't want to play here, but we couldn't get a better player for an absolute stud? Cutter will be a superstar in this league.

My only consolation/hope is perhaps Drysdale was mismanaged and misused in Anaheim, and Torts will be able to get much more out of him. But I have a suspicion this will not work out many Flyers fans think it will. I hope to be proven wrong. 

I have this mental image of Danny and Keith looking at all the league wide offers, figuring out the Ducks was the best and throwing things in disgust. 

I'm sure they did their due diligence...but Drysdale is clearly a tier below Cutter on the difference making scale. This seemingly entitled brat set the rebuild back. 

Figures...clearly the best thing Fletch EVER did was a mirage...lol. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AlaskaFlyerFan said:

Derek from Liberty Yell.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

GDXMOPQXAAA6yip.thumb.jpg.04401ffaf2eb6a81fe4af93439075cf3.jpg

Who wrote this?

Seems like sour grapes- 

I agree the Flyers don't need guys not wanting to be on the team while thinking he's better than everyone in the room.

3 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Who wrote this?

Seems like sour grapes- 

I agree the Flyers don't need guys not wanting to be on the team while thinking he's better than everyone in the room.

Liberty Yell writer nah just scouting is all. I posted it a few post above this.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Who wrote this?

Seems like sour grapes- 

Seems like Derek has sour grapes or Cutter?? Derek just giving his scouting report.

57 minutes ago, phlfly said:

He is such pre Madonna . So then **** that, guy!

Cutter made his name in NHL as "don't want to play and no communication". That is dead end if he will not be able to adjust in Ducks. I think it will be "bust" in few years. 

Yep...this turd now NEEDS to make it work in Cali.

55 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

I read "rumors" that Cutter did not want to go to College...wanted to jump to the NHL as an 18 year old. I would imagine the Flyers insisted at least 1 year of NCAA would be best for his development..

This could explain the rift if true....

Remember when fans were pissed that JVR wouldn't leave college?

Dude wanted a paycheck.

Potential Ryan Leaf here.

And potential Jack Eichel.

Both are a pain in the ass.

:hocky:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Remember when fans were pissed that JVR wouldn't leave college?

Dude wanted a paycheck.

Potential Ryan Leaf here.

And potential Jack Eichel.

Both are a pain in the ass.

Potentially dodged a bullet maybe?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Potentially dodged a bullet maybe?

They got a top 10 D pick from it (with issues) so it could work out.

Wonder how all the Flyer paid websites touting the WJC performance feel now?

• Like 1

I love the trade and Drysdale is a difference maker on the defense. The Flyers now have Drysdale and Bonk on the right side and York and Andrae on the left. Guess what. That's a potentially elite top four group. I get that Drysdale has had injuries, but the shoulder injury was a fluke and the core injury happens. I'm not worried about that at all. Instead, the Flyers are getting an incredibly intelligent offensive defenseman who can skate like the wind and has an incredible transition game. 

As for Gauthier, well, he didn't want to be here, whatever the reasons might be. The fact he wouldn't even take calls from the Flyers or meet with the brass? That's a punk ass move. That's cowardice.

The only thing about this that sucks is that the Flyers are going to have to draft another power forward, but the good news is that guys like Liam Greentree and Tij Iginla should be available when the Flyers go to draft. 

I hope Cutter enjoys losing in Anaheim.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 2