Flyers 2023-24 Trade deadline moves/predictions

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Could they offer Vegas enough to part with Ivan Morozov?

Asking for a friend....

:beer:

Ivan Morozov was an 18 point forward in the AHL. I get that he's played well in the NHL, but his time on North America has been nothing to write home about. 

2 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Ivan Morozov was an 18 point forward in the AHL

Did he even get a chance?? What of his story do you know of?

His 38 points in 37 KHL games does say the same.

He was a 2nd so if you could just obtain his rights for a 4th maybe why not?

Not much in the center depth charts to wait for you have to look everywhere i think.

Other than trying to find a young guy in the college free agent ranks hasn't very well.

Might help to have another countryman over here when Michkov comes.

I can't take another year of just Frost Coots Laughton and Poehling at center

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

Now the Flyers have an opportunity to repeat the cycle or break it with Konecny.  I think we need to trade him, unfortunately.

You're not wrong but the Flyers have clearly shown that they are not doing a fire sale, tear down to the studs.

I'm not at all opposed to trading Konecny for value. WHAT that value is is the key consideration.

By all appearances they have committed to their C-A-A combination as the transition to the vaunted "New Era of Orange."

We'll see how that turns out.

• Like 1

Unless we are trading TK to Chicago or San Jose the return will be another handful of mediocre hit or miss draft picks. Regardless of who they trade at this point, this season of "character building" has locked the Flyers into another draft cycle of middling picks that will only lead to middling results. At some point the dearth of high end skill has to be addressed. The only viable way to do that is the top of the draft.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyer4ever said:

Regardless of who they trade at this point, this season of "character building" has locked the Flyers into another draft cycle of middling picks that will only lead to middling results.

Right, trading guys for bottom half of the first round picks isn't going to move the needle where it needs to go.

Getting back to the "definitely a playoff team" level shouldn't be the goal.

Winning the Cup should be the goal. And all of three teams in NHL history have won the Cup as lower than a 4 seed.

Make the playoffs, anything can happen...

image.gif

Edited by radoran
  • Good Post 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So X says Walker wants a 5 year deal.

Hell no trade that dude!!!!

There is no one on the roster over the age of 26 that they need to keep.

I say that knowing that there are two they're likely stuck with.

For the next six years.

:hocky:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, radoran said:

There is no one on the roster over the age of 26 that they need to keep.

I say that knowing that there are two they're likely stuck with.

For the next six years.

And Seeler wants over 3. F them both.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OccamsRazor said:

So X says Walker wants a 5 year deal.

Hell no trade that dude!!!!

4 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

And Seeler wants over 3. F them both.  

Two 30-year-olds who have *checks notes* achieved virtually nothing for their entire careers are having a career year in a contract year - at 30 - and want y'all to buy in long term.

image.gif

Edited by radoran
  • Like 1
  • Good Post 1

2 minutes ago, radoran said:

Two 30-year-olds who have *checks notes* achieved virtually nothing for their entire careers are having a career year in a contract year - at 30 - and want y'all to buy in long term.

image.gif

Their requests for new deals might be what is holding up the trades other teams wanting to know if they have a chance to bring these guys back if they do proved the help needed and their demands as well might be deterring suitors...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Their requests for new deals might be what is holding up the trades other teams wanting to know if they have a chance to bring these guys back if they do proved the help needed and their demands as well might be deterring suitors...

If we can’t get a first for Walker, then get a good prospect or at worst two second rounders and one second rounder for Seeler, if we have to give them back a fourth rounder,  then do it.

just spitballing here but it strikes me that "X" may not be the best, i.e. the most trustworthy source for potential trade talk.

Walker and Seeler's value as trade pieces is obvious but disregarding their value to the Flyers' rebuild is a mistake. If there's a "career year / contract year" concern that's all it is: a concern. It's not a given that either guy's game will drop off the charts once they get a new contract.

I'm not saying keep them I'm saying the return for RHD Walker and shot-block leader Seeler should be damn high, as in "wow" and Flyers' fans all agree Briere got a great deal.

15 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

just spitballing here but it strikes me that "X" may not be the best, i.e. the most trustworthy source for potential trade talk.

Walker and Seeler's value as trade pieces is obvious but disregarding their value to the Flyers' rebuild is a mistake. If there's a "career year / contract year" concern that's all it is: a concern. It's not a given that either guy's game will drop off the charts once they get a new contract.

I'm not saying keep them I'm saying the return for RHD Walker and shot-block leader Seeler should be damn high, as in "wow" and Flyers' fans all agree Briere got a great deal.

Contenders have always overpaid at the trade deadline, especially for defenseman. Walker being a righty is a key and Steelers hard nosed play and shot blocking are very valuable for the playoffs.I don’t think the Flyers asking price is unreasonable.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

just spitballing here but it strikes me that "X" may not be the best

If they're verified accounts it from the guys who cover this type of stuff.

It's the only thing you have to go by than the players saying something themselves.

But also doesn't mean everything is real or will come through.

Just like the Hayes/Sanheim deal that fell through because Krug's agent was trying to maintain some type of leverage in the situation that end up being a blessing in disguise i think.

And some of them aren't even verified Elliotte Friedman refuses to play for the blue check mark.

You can choose to believe whatever you like though how ever you like.

As of now i would love to see the ball rolling again on this rebuild lately been a stand still.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

shot-block leader Seeler

So, a 2nd and a 3rd?

Shot block leader means you give up a TON of shots. It doesn't at all mean you're a good defenceman.

Perfectly happy to let someone give us virtually anything and then sign the bad contract.

I've seen this move already.

We bought him out too late.

Listen to Tortorella.

You had a nice hookup off the waiver wire and got a consolation prize for dating Petersen.

This isn't the time to fall in love.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

With the Flyers (31-23-7) in third place in the Metropolitan Division and in position to qualify for the Stanley Cup Playoffs for the first time since 2020, general manager Daniel Briere said Friday that they could make a depth trade to help bolster the lineup for the postseason push as long it doesn’t interfere with their rebuilding plan.

“Everything’s on the table,” Briere said during the Flyers’ 5-2 loss against the Washington Capitals at Capital One Arena. “We're not going to do a rental for high-end assets for the future. We're protecting those. We realize where we're at. It's not just about this year. It's about protecting the future, as well. If it's a hockey trade, that's a possibility.

Danny Briere is an idiot.  This is the easiest trade deadline he will ever have to deal with and he's going to screw it up.

1 hour ago, SCFlyguy said:

Danny Briere is an idiot.  This is the easiest trade deadline he will ever have to deal with and he's going to screw it up.

Gee thats doom and gloom. I'll wait till he actually messes up before any pitchforks come out. The last few deals for Dmen did not help his cause, which is no fault of his...but overcome...beat the odds...

• Like 1