Flyers 2023-24 Trade deadline moves/predictions

43 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

No worries Seeler just went on IR 

41 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

eAS-bRzP_x96.jpg

Seeler contract will be in the 3-4 yrs range.

A guy who's exceptional value is putting exposed parts of his body in front of slap shots has a lower body injury?

And they want to sign him at 30 for another 3-4 years?

Sounds about right. #olderaoforange

• Like 1
  • Uggh... 1

How about Walker and a high pick...like a 2nd or a 3rd to Anaheim, for Vatrano? It works out well, salary wise. Walker is a right handed shot that the Ducks have been rumored to want.

7 minutes ago, radoran said:

A guy who's exceptional value is putting exposed parts of his body in front of slap shots has a lower body injury?

And they want to sign him at 30 for another 3-4 years?

Sounds about right. #olderaoforange

Yeah Danny is just an insurgent here to finish Chuck's work.

I'm done drinking the Kool aid but many around here still gobble it up.

I had faith in Danny but he is taking a huge L here and it seems they too have lied and mislead us.

No way signing this guy can be a part of a rebuild.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

How about Walker and a high pick...like a 2nd or a 3rd to Anaheim, for Vatrano? It works out well, salary wise. Walker is a right handed shot that the Ducks have been rumored to want.

Vatrano is 30 and  looking for big $$, not what we need in a rebuild. Any assets we have should be compiled to acquire a young center either via the draft or by trade. We are paying Coots 7 million to be a fourth line center and the only other center we have is Frost. Without two top centers this team is going nowhere and has no future until we fix that.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Vatrano is 30 and  looking for big $$, not what we need in a rebuild.

Oh no wrong my friend he can come in and join the rest of the old players they are going to resign pile em up.

Any more 30 something guys will can fill the roster with who needs a rebuild they have a first round exit they are working on!!!

15 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Oh no wrong my friend he can come in and join the rest of the old players they are going to resign pile em up.

Any more 30 something guys will can fill the roster with who needs a rebuild they have a first round exit they are working on!!!

OK, but let's say hypothetically we can somehow get rid of Atkinson's useless posterior (in a trade for a pick, I guess), and then add Vatrano..isn't that an upgrade?  I think so, although Vatrano is 29. I'm all for the youth movement, but I also want a few productive reasonably priced veterans who can score, in the lineup.

Edited by FD19372

8 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

OK, but let's say hypothetically we can somehow get rid of Atkinson's useless posterior (in a trade for a pick, I guess), and then add Vatrano..isn't that an upgrade?  I think so, although Vatrano is 29. I'm all for the youth movement, but I also want a few productive reasonable priced veterans who can score, in the lineup.

Not really he is another RW might as well keep Cam unless you getting a pick for him can't see it.

2 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

🤣🤣🤣

Plenty of room on the realism bandwagon. 

I think it's too late for me I have drank too much of the Koolaid....I just hope it isn't fatal.🤣

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

What do the Flyers (who are "supposed" to be rebuilding) want with a 30 year old at our deepest position?

We should be getting younger, not older. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

1 minute ago, flyercanuck said:

What do the Flyers (who are "supposed" to be rebuilding) want with a 30 year old at our deepest position?

And knowing Flyer luck now the Panthers will win the Cup making the Flyers 1st round pick they own the 32nd pick in the draft basically an early 2nd!:hehe:

So Seeler is on IR? How convenient. 

Oh, we wanted to trade him for the rebuild, but we couldn't cause he was on IR, so instead we signed him for 5 years.

8i94ej.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Yes, we're supposed to be rebuilding. However, we have veterans who can't play at a high level anymore..or so it seems (Atkinson). Plus, we have young players like Frost..there are others but I'll pick on him, who seem to be in Tort's doghouse. When do we move on from him? We should be getting younger...I'm onboard with that...but I don't want to get to the point where we're in a perpetual rebuild either, praying that ALL of the young guys pan out. 

Edited by FD19372

The writing was on the wall the other day when Torts came out and described Seeler as “99% Balls”

No way Torts was going to allow Danny to trade the guy. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And knowing Flyer luck now the Panthers will win the Cup making the Flyers 1st round pick they own the 32nd pick in the draft basically an early 2nd!:hehe:

The Panthers just picked up a second line RW...Tarasenko, so they are definitely not standing still. They're going to be a beast to knock out of the playoffs, for sure.

5 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Yes, we're supposed to be rebuilding. However, we have veterans who can't play at a high level anymore..or so it seems (Atkinson). Plus, we have young players like Frost..there are others but I'll pick on him, who seem to be in Tort's doghouse. When do we move on from him? We should be getting younger...I'm onboard with that...but I don't want to get to the point where we're in a perpetual rebuild either, praying that ALL of the young guys pan out. 

I'd prefer to get a pick, or a prospect with potential for Walker. Guys like Vatrano will just help to keep us "barely a playoff team". 

I'm done with that. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Just now, flyercanuck said:

I'd prefer to get a pick, or a prospect with potential for Walker. Guys like Vatrano will just help to keep us "barely a playoff team". 

I'm done with that. 

Fair enough that you're done with that, but Vatrano would have more value than Atkinson, who barely has a purpose on the team...who replaced a much higher priced veteran who was stealing money from the team. Remember Voracek? I understand that you're done with that, but I want players on the team that can play. The good news is, the organization is making progress. We have lower priced garbage on it. 

As far as a guy like Frost, if the coach doesn't like him (which Torts doesn't seem to)..maybe they should move on from him. Not every young player on the roster, is going to work out here. Not by any means saying "Stop the youth movement", but I want talent that produces.

9 minutes ago, Samifan said:

The writing was on the wall the other day when Torts came out and described Seeler as “99% Balls”

No way Torts was going to allow Danny to trade the guy. 

And 1% talent. After he signs the contract, he will return to his waiver wire old self.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

The Panthers just picked up a second line RW...Tarasenko, so they are definitely not standing still. They're going to be a beast to knock out of the playoffs, for sure.

And with the 32nd pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Philadelphia Flyers select...

:DancingGrape:

2 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

And 1% talent. After he signs the contract, he will return to his waiver wire old self.

Come on bro just look at the countless 30 year old shot blocking defensemen who have helped their teams win the Stanley Cup on 3 year deals...

🦗🦗

3 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

This reads as pretty black and white, giving an out to those living in "they're all full of sh!t" land. It's not realistic in any timeline. 

Based on what I've heard in interviews, to trade Scott Laughton the deal needs to be stupidly in the Flyers favor.

I'm not counting on that.

Walker is found money and should be traded for a maximum return if possible. If he remains, questions will need to be asked about just what the hell is the plan? He's the guy that will bring back the best return. He is the guy to sell high on if ever there was one.

Seeler, what's a #7 worth? a 3rd? Does that move the needle as a sweetener in a trade? Does a 3rd pick make the NHL? Where is his value?

The ideas floated where he and Walker get traded together iare intriguing and I'd love to see it. Especially if a top 6 forward prospect and a first are the return. Will that happen? I hope so, but will it?

Seeler should be cheap @ 2.7 aav for 3 years? something in that range. That's not killing anything with the cap going up. As long as they don't give him Andrew MacDonald money or term, I think it will be fine

He is the coach's pet, Jonesy loves him. They think Seeler's effect on the younger guys in the room is profound and they want to keep him around as an example of the way they want these young guys to go about being a pro. 

If there are plans to try to move the rejuvenated Ristolainen around the draft or F/A, I think I would be satisfied by the direction of the club. 

Mojo I understand what you're saying but after March 8th Walker should definitely not be on this team, Laughton possibly because there will be always some GMs who will overpay at the deadline if they think their team is close. Konecny, the Flyers don't know what he's going to ask in his next contract so I'd trade him now with one year left on his current deal. As for Seeler, if he resigns at $3 million for the next 3 years I'm fine with that as long as Risto is on his way out, the Flyers don't need two of the exact same type of veteran defensemen with one making $5.1 million per year and other $3 million. So we'll see what Briere does in his first trade deadline.

• Good Post 1

41 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

OK, but let's say hypothetically we can somehow get rid of Atkinson's useless posterior (in a trade for a pick, I guess), and then add Vatrano..isn't that an upgrade?  I think so, although Vatrano is 29. I'm all for the youth movement, but I also want a few productive reasonably priced veterans who can score, in the lineup.

I still wouldn't do this deal but it would be a better one if you can move Cam.

This kid can play RW/C/LW

See new posts

Conversation

Mf2UbdbT_x96.jpg

Per on DFO live, the #STLBluesNHL_Blues_2023.png are willing to "get creative" and retain up to 50% of Pavel Buchnevich's contract in order to drive up the price. 👀
  • Like 1