Flyers 2023-24 Trade deadline moves/predictions

5 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

Just like when they lost to the Rangers in 7 in the first round in 2013-2014.  It built so much character.  I remember all the playoff runs that followed. 

Danny Briere doesn't understand rebuild any better than he understood how not to take a hooking penalty in the offensive zone.

This is exactly why I keep saying we shouldn’t even try to make the playoffs until we’re 100% sure we can win the whole thing. 

4 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

So you truly think Jones/Briere are presiding over another "just make the POs" pipe-dream this year? You really think that?

Can I answer your question with a question?

Can you prove they aren't???

11 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

So you truly think Jones/Briere are presiding over another "just make the POs" pipe-dream this year? You really think that?

I am not suggesting they've done no wrong or that it's all been a beautiful thing. But to see no difference between the Holmgren years and what Briere is doing ...?

He traded a defenceman that was worth a 1st round pick at the deadline, for a 1st, PLUS a lazy bum with a bad contract AND threw in a 5th on top. 

Signing Seeler for 4 years and trading for Johnson, those are about as Holmgrenian as you can ask for.

Edited by flyercanuck
  • Like 2

Now it all makes sense....Johnson ranks 13th alltime in blocked shots! 😁

Plus, he's probably worse than anything in LV...maybe Dannys genius gets us a lottery pick with this acquisition? 

1 hour ago, FD19372 said:

Zegras…Zegras.

Remember I told yall earlier in the year which wasn't well received it will be at the draft hold on tight.

:PopcornSmiley2:

• Like 1

Has the trade deadline passed? Dumb question but it's Friday night here and I'm "slightly" tipsy so having difficulties doing basic maths and accounting for time difference...

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, ctid said:

Has the trade deadline passed? Dumb question but it's Friday night here and I'm "slightly" tipsy so having difficulties doing basic maths and accounting for time difference...

4 pm eastern time

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

4 pm eastern time

Ok I can do this. So it's 2200 here and the deadline is 1600 eastern time. And there is a 7 hour difference...so 22-7 is 15. Yes!! I got it. So one hour left until the deadline

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Remember I told yall earlier in the year which wasn't well received it will be at the draft hold on tight.

Doubt it really counts for much that a drunken Dane (yes I've changed status from tipsy to drunk) is with you on the whole Zegras to Flyers thing...but I'm with you

44 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Signing Seeler for 4 years and trading for Johnson, those are about as Holmgrenian as you can ask for.

I'm no fan of the Seeler deal, but these are no way Holmgrenian level events here.

He effectively upgraded a 4th rounder to a 1st losing a 5th and taking on short term salary. That's not great but it's not bad either. This isn't 2nd and 3rd for Andy MacDonald territory and $2.7M for 4 is no where close to $5M for 6.

The Johnson deal is throwing a bone to your locker room and while I might not have done it, it's not the end of the world.

Granted there is some PTSD from ol' Fletch blowing Holmgrenian out of the water with two roster players, 1st, 2 2nds, and a 7th for Ristolainen and the subsequent contract.

We've taken several steps back from that ledge.

• Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, ctid said:

Doubt it really counts for much that a drunken Dane (yes I've changed status from tipsy to drunk) is with you on the whole Zegras to Flyers thing...but I'm with you

It was supposed to go down after the Hayes to St. Louie trade went down so Danny would have the ammo to send to the Ducks and they worked on it right up until the start of the regular season it is why Drysdale and Zegras didn't finally sign their deals in October the 6th then 8th I think.

So yeah it will get revisited this draft.

15 minutes ago, ctid said:

Fellow Dane here too by way of Scotland and Germany I know go figure!

6 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Loughlin says Laughton (say that five times in a row) is in play.  

Loughlin says Laughton

Loughlin says Laughton

Loughlin says Laughton

Loughlin says Laughton

Loughlin says Laughton

Wasn’t that hard.

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I swear, when you sign on the dotted line to be GM of the Flyers, theres a clause in there that says you must makes trades that leave our fans scratching their heads in bewilderment.

I don't see what is so bewildering. 

He turned found money into a first. 

Had a top 5 (on this team) go to the IR the same week as the trade deadline. 

That injury on top of 2 other Defensive injuries. 

He wanted an NHL player to play hockey and provide depth.

If you can't figure out if the team is rebuilding and/or think Eric Johnson and Sean Walker are basically the same.

I don't know what anyone can tell you.

Maybe you as GM wouldn't reward your team by giving them a shot to stick it in everyone's eye after being told they're **** all season but I guess Danny and Jonesy feel differently.

I'll join you for the mutiny when they sign EJ to any sort of contract.

But I'm really not going to get worked up over things that may not happen.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

But I'm really not going to get worked up over things that may not happen.

Ha so you admit you’re not a real Flyers fan!

Edited by mkscrewy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Danny is entering dangerous territory. Throwing away draft picks like they are suckers at the greeting bowl of a business. Its just not responsible. Quite possible Belpido is better than Johnson at this juncture of their careers. Just call up a Phantom! Johnson is WASHED!! I consider Southeran a respectable prospect and he was selected a round later than we gave up for Mr.Washed and the playoff run that may or may not happen. 

Did I mention Danny overpaying in term and salary to a 30 year old defensemen, THEN throwing in the Homer/Fletch no trade clause?? Bad flashbacks. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

If you can't figure out if the team is rebuilding and/or think Eric Johnson and Sean Walker are basically the same.

the team constructed i think should be

86 Joel Farabee - 21 Scott Laughton - 71 Tyson Foerster

74 Owen Tippett - 48 Morgan Frost - 11 Travis Konecny
27 Noah Cates - 25 Ryan Poehling - 19 Garnet Hathaway
34 Denis Gurianov - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Bobby Brink

8 Cam York - 6 Travis Sanheim
5 Egor Zamula - 12 Erik Johnson
18 Marc Staal - 23 Ronnie Attard

33 Samuel Ersson
32 Felix Sandström

Hey maybe if he can get Ginning going it could be worth it but not getting my hopes up

Not sure how long Drysdale and Risto are out for.

Edited by OccamsRazor
fix boo boo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

the team constructed i think should be

86 Joel Farabee - 21 Scott Laughton - 71 Tyson Foerster

74 Owen Tippett - 48 Morgan Frost - 11 Travis Konecny
27 Noah Cates - 25 Ryan Poehling - 19 Garnet Hathaway
34 Denis Gurianov - 14 Sean Couturier - 10 Bobby Brink

8 Cam York - 6 Travis Sanheim
5 Egor Zamula - 12 Erik Johnson
18 Marc Staal - 23 Ronnie Attard

33 Samuel Ersson
32 Felix Sandström

Hey maybe if he can get Ginning going it could be worth it but not getting my hopes up

Not sure how long Drysdale and Risto are out for.

Have you heard the rumor Ginning is planning on signing with his old KHL team after this year?

35 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Have you heard the rumor Ginning is planning on signing with his old KHL team after this year?

You mean his old SHL team he never played in the KHL.

I just heard he was going back to Sweden is all.

But the Flyers have already waived him back to LV with Lycksell so they were Hextall draft pieces so i get it...no true allegiance other than being drafted by the Flyers.

Danny too is learning on the job guess we'll have to see where this team they built ends up.

Enjoy the ride.  

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Danny is entering dangerous territory.

“We can’t fall in love with guys” yet I watched them fall in love with 2: Seeler & Laughton

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

You mean his old SHL team he never played in the KHL.

I just heard he was going back to Sweden is all.

But the Flyers have already waived him back to LV with Lycksell so they were Hextall draft pieces so i get it...no true allegiance other than being drafted by the Flyers.

Danny too is learning on the job guess we'll have to see where this team they built ends up.

Enjoy the ride.  

Yes...he is signing with his old SHL team. Good point about being Hexy picks ..makes sense. 

2 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Yes...he is signing with his old SHL team. Good point about being Hexy picks ..makes sense. 

so glad we have a salary cap

it sure has leveled the playing field and kept teams from buying Cups

what a relief

they will only change the rules once Danny has cleaned up most of this mess and is ready to take advantage and IR about 15 million for a hang nail for his Cup run

• Like 1