Game 63: Saint Louis Blues at Philadelphia Flyers; 3/4/24 @ 7 PM, NBCSP

Greetings:

The home team is a mild favorite (-130) in a matchup between two squads that have been playing so-so hockey over their last 10:

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/3-4-2024/st-louis-blues-vs-philadelphia-flyers-prediction-5312/

These teams aren't much different statistically, with the Flyers being mildly better defensively:

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/phi-vs-stl/2024/03/04/2023020977

We took the first matchup in January 4-2.  Let's hope for a sweep.  

I find it funny that Krug nixed the Hayes deal and here he sits and his team is on the outside and the Flyers are in the playoffs (sure all subject to change but i'm talking about now).

Now go beat them Blues and F U C K Kevin Hayes!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd say this is an interesting matchup of two relatively inconsistent squads with one big difference.  We are performing well above expectations.  The Blues are underperformers.  

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

Ersson in net.

No TK again.

I would really like to see Attard in and let Staal make pop corn.

This signing was done under the assumption we'd be underperforming, and that having a senior around during tough times would be stabilizing.  Under current circumstances, he is taking away important development time.  Maybe somebody offers a seventh to have him around post-Friday.  

Attard is probably at the up-or-out stage.  We've been hearing about him for a few years but there is little play with the parent club.  

• Like 2

Laughed my ass off...

#NEWS: We have relieved Lindy Ruff of his head coaching duties and named Associate Coach Travis Green as Interim Head Coach for the rest of the season

goddamn of all muthaf uckas to score they let his sorry ass i'm done goodnight!!

I ****** hate this team!

Edited by OccamsRazor

6 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Hayes to torment us. A goaltending clinic so far. I hope we wake up. Our penalties hurt. 

Besides tonight he has one goal (01/13) going back to 12/16...fuks sake

14 minutes ago, mkscrewy said:

that sound you hear is the scouts scratching Seeler's name off their list as he hobbles off the ice.

Typical Flyers........

5 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

We got a point. If we had a functional PP, maybe two. Sad loss. 

It is sad. Whether we get a finisher or setup guy, the team needs an offensive jolt.. via trade. Captain Obvious here... I know we get the shots on goal, but we need BETTER shots on goal. Forty one shots on goal, and only one scored doesn't cut it. This has happened much more than I'd like it to, this season. I want to see at least one more good points producer acquired here, by this Friday.

• Good Post 1

Another observation: Staal looks lost and incapable of timely plays. He really is clogging the future. Based on what I saw tonight, I doubt he is trade bait.

1 minute ago, Howie58 said:

Another observation: Staal looks lost and incapable of timely plays. He really is clogging the future. Based on what I saw tonight, I doubt he is trade bait.

Yeah, he does look lost. He's playing like he's got just about nothing left, whereas I feel like Zamula is playing pretty well and getting dragged down a bit by him. Maybe (hopefully) some team takes him off of our hands, for a decent draft pick.

8 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

goddamn of all muthaf uckas to score they let his sorry ass i'm done goodnight!!

I ****** hate this team!

If there was one thing Hayes was always good at, it was helping the Flyers lose. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Samifan said:

and of course Hayes scores…..

#MurphysLaw

Any word on Seeler ? I sure hope he isn’t injured from blocking that shot, then we can’t trade him.

13 minutes ago, RonJeremy said:

Any word on Seeler ? I sure hope he isn’t injured from blocking that shot, then we can’t trade him.

They ain't trading him anyways about to lock him up on a 8 year 16 million dollar deal...no one is going anywhere bro it's playoffs or bust.

You fell your that rebuild spiel? :hehe:

Edited by OccamsRazor
Same ol same ol

1 hour ago, RonJeremy said:

He played the third period and blocked a few more shots. He’s not going anywhere Friday. 

• Uggh... 1