Fedotov is alive

27 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

So they going to give him Giroux's old number??

Asking for a friend.

:beer:

I ain't seen no one retire it yet.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

And it shouldn't be. I have never been a fan of retiring any number in any sport it's just a number you can put it up to honor the player but no one should own a number just my opinion nothing more many won't agree and that is fine.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

Well something going on there keep the number available for when the reacquainted Giroux for their Cup run in 26-27. :hehe:

He gets the number flipped huh so he must have asked otherwise I think he gets #28.

So he gets #82

:hockey-goal-scoring-smiley-emoticon:

14 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And it shouldn't be. I have never been a fan of retiring any number in any sport it's just a number you can put it up to honor the player but no one should own a number just my opinion nothing more many won't agree and that is fine.

I understand retiring Gretzky/Orr/Howe/Lemieux, heck, even Clarke.

Dustin Brown? Shane Doan? Rick Nash? All good players, but retired numbers? Wayne Huizenga????

3 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Has anyone asked if he is a Communist?  Is he a Putin supporter?  Are we pragmatic and say it's irrelevant if he can stop pucks? 

I imagine due to having family members still there he HAS to like Putin...or at least pretend to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think this man's life is worthy of a book or Netflix series...conscripted into the Russian Army, served in the gulags.

returns to hockey, somehow appears back with the  north American team that drafted him after 3 years of little to no contact.

It's crazy.

The Flyers have been a high-event hockey organization since they mounted the coup d'etat of the Scott/Fletcher/Camillo regime. 

• Like 4

Well, if Sandy is off the roster, we are getting an unsurprising signal--his days with the parent club are nearing their end.  On a larger note, when posting the game threads, I seldom see other rosters with starting goalies under .900 save percentage.  That doesn't apply to the Flyers.  And on a broader note, our plus/minus differential is heading south.  

11 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

The Flyers have been a high-event hockey organization since they mounted the coup d'etat of the Scott/Fletcher/Camillo regime. 

They were high event then...just for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully one of these guys pans out, you can never have too many goalies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mkscrewy said:

Hitting that red a little early today eh Howie

Well, maybe I want to have a good Good Friday. I am leaving work a little early. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Danny said sandstrom had to come off the roster due to the emergency call up provision bc of the Hart situation. To put Fedotov on the roster, Felix had to come off. It wasn’t an instant rebuke of Sandstrom although his play has been poor and unreliable and in general unlikeable, although I’m sure he’s a good guy but I said that about Hart too so who knows anymore. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mkscrewy said:

Sandstrom although his play has been poor and unreliable and in general unlikeable, although I’m sure he’s a good guy

Well, he may be a very good guy.  But after 30 NHL games, the numbers aren't very impressive:

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=176325

4-18-4, 3.66 GAA, .880 Save Percentage.  Granted, he wasn't playing for the greatest of teams, and often got the second of back-to-backs, but there's probably enough games to sense he should move on.  

49 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

4-18-4, 3.66 GAA, .880 Save Percentage.  Granted, he wasn't playing for the greatest of teams, and often got the second of back-to-backs, but there's probably enough games to sense he should move on.

Head on back to the SHL where he'll be fine.

• Like 2