Bryz - Chipped bone in foot...

Guest Bakanekimiwa

So, after EVERYTHING last summer, what we've been through this year as fans, finally getting the Bryz that we all hoped for; we could quite possible start the playoffs with...BOB and LEIGHTON as our goalies.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dude blew for 2/3 of the season, hits his stride and now this. Why does Jesus hate me? Or did the Buddha do this....I want answers!!!!!

Apparently whoever it is hates you more than you know. Now Timonen is injured too:

'

TIMONEN HURT

: Snuck into the big injury news, the Flyers also announced that Kimmo Timonen has a new, "upper-body" injury. Timonen is day-to-day, according to the team.'

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/Bryzgalov-has-chip-fracture.html

Apparently whoever it is hates you more than you know. Now Timonen is injured too:

'

TIMONEN HURT

: Snuck into the big injury news, the Flyers also announced that Kimmo Timonen has a new, "upper-body" injury. Timonen is day-to-day, according to the team.'

http://www.philly.co...p-fracture.html

When it rains it pours. Stupid vengeful deities

So, after EVERYTHING last summer, what we've been through this year as fans, finally getting the Bryz that we all hoped for; we could quite possible start the playoffs with...BOB and LEIGHTON as our goalies.

AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

couldn't have said it better myself!

@aziz

Holmgren stated in his interview that with rest the bone chip (spur) can dissolve by natural methods.

Thus find it likely that Bryz got an steroid injection to reduce inflamation, which also helps dissolve bone spurs.

In the meantime.....Bob will play.....he may just get 25 starts. B)

Holmgren stated in his interview that with rest the bone chip (spur) can dissolve by natural methods.

did he say which it was? i mean, a bone spur is different than a chipped bone, isn't it? bone spur is a growth on a bone...chipped is an actual break, potnetially needing a cast and crutches.

if it's a spur, then yeah, no big. anti-inflammatories and bryzgalov just deals with it. chip.....that's a whole other story, as far as i know.

@aziz

Holmgren did say chip, but he also said it was a small fragment of bone chipped off, thus it can be a spur that has chipped off too right? To the best of my knowledge small pieces of bone chip off all the time especially when stressed and are re-dissolved in the body.

For what it is worth Holmgren really downplayed the whole thing, basically said he needed a few days of rest.