Schenn Monster Game

Guest activestick

I love to see this kind of scoring depth and this kind of play from the younger guys because it can help draw attention away from Hartnell and Giroux.

You hit the nail on the head right there. Lets not forget about Briere giving the Flyers another scoring threat (typical postseason....not so much for the first 82 games of the year) that may have the Pens thinking twice about certain matchups which, in turn, could free up G a little

You hit the nail on the head right there. Lets not forget about Briere giving the Flyers another scoring threat (typical postseason....not so much for the first 82 games of the year) that may have the Pens thinking twice about certain matchups which, in turn, could free up G a little

I really hope it does free up G a little, because it looked far too easy for the Penguins to move the puck last night and it looked very difficult for the Flyers to move it and sustain any forecheck.

Loved the hit on Cooke! He was a wrecking ball on that shift and for most of the night! Almost reminded me of JVR of last year a little....

I hope a little of Schenn's attytood rubs off on JVR. If JVR got a little more edge to his game, he could be really something.

I hope a little of Schenn's attytood rubs off on JVR. If JVR got a little more edge to his game, he could be really something.

just imagine if JVR comes back and plays like 2011 playoffs JVR. we've already got enough scoring threats to cause the pens D fits... that could take us a long way.

@Bakanekimiwa

Are we expecting JVR back in this series?

yesterday the word was that he could be back late in this first round. gm 5 or 6. let's hope we don't let it get that far though. he's skating now, so i think it's just getting back into game shape. they're not going to throw him out there until he's up to speed.

@mojo1917

He hit Adams too. Actually, Adams tried to hit Schenn and Schenn braced himself and dropped Adams making him look like a bag of ******. Then Adams went after Schenn.

yeah that was pretty funny....i remember we all were screaming at adams in the game chat last night.....

I remeber players trying to hit Lindros like that and all would happen would be that they bounce off and crumple to the ice.

just imagine if JVR comes back and plays like 2011 playoffs JVR. we've already got enough scoring threats to cause the pens D fits... that could take us a long way.

that is why i probably am in the minority and say we DON'T trade JVR next year. I am willing to give him a pass for this year because of all the injuries he had. Then after next season, he does not improve then by all means we start shopping. Of course if the right deal came along that would allow to get a stud d-man..then I could change my mind.

• Like 2

i would like to use this thread as an opportunity to point out that i called it yesterday :D

Posted Yesterday, 04:30 PM

i'm thinking schenn. i think he'll raise his game and the chemistry that he was building with simmy and briere(lil paul mccartney) will just get better and better.

if i were to say, giroux, jagr or bryz... they wouldn't be surprises. we expect.. nay, we need them to play well to even have a chance.

Bust out the wallet and get both you cant go wrong :D

If only I could. I haven't gotten a new Flyers jersey in 9 years and I love both players but can probably only get one of either. Both are the type of player that could easily be a captain in the future.

@Hexy27: Unfortunately I think they will sit Wellwood. I would sit Rinaldo, but not because I don't like his game. If Schenn keeps playing like last night, along with Hartnell, Talbot, and Simmonds, Rinaldo's physical game is a bit less necessary. Especially if JVR comes back and plays a bigger game. Wellwood's speed is a huge asset, and he plays well positionally. Plus, he gives you one more penalty killer.

I think it was telling that Rinaldo seemingly didn't play at all in the second half of the game.