Schenn Monster Game

Guest activestick

@AJgoal

You got me all confused. You seem to be making an argument for why Rinaldo should sit and Welllwood should not, but come to opposite conclusion?

I think it's crazy to take Wellwood out. His speed alone makes him very dangerous and opens the ice up nicely for others. Crazy how fast he is.

@AJgoal

You got me all confused. You seem to be making an argument for why Rinaldo should sit and Welllwood should not, but come to opposite conclusion?

I think it's crazy to take Wellwood out. His speed alone makes him very dangerous and opens the ice up nicely for others. Crazy how fast he is.

Sorry Pods, but I'm going to have to agree here. Wellwoods speed is a great asset against any team.

Me too. The stuff I spelled out were reasons why sitting Rinaldo might be better, and maybe Lavi comes to the same conclusion. Rinaldo sitting probably saves you 3-5 kills over the course of the series, when you factor in his reputation calls. Wellwood with Talbot and Couturier gives you speed, skill, and a physical edge on the fourth line.

I would just hate to see Wellwood sit. He is so fast on the ice. We need that kind of speed in the post season. I don't dislike Rinaldo but I think he should take a backseat. Right or wrong he is going to receive a misconduct just for being him so why have him take up a spot on the bench?

So JVR is expected back by G5 or G6? I hadn't heard. The last I read was he got the boot off but that was just last week. I would be really surprised to see him in this series. And if we take a lead in games I don't want him back. Sorry, I know what he can do, I'm going by what he normally does do.

every time I watch this Wellwood kid play I can't believe how good he is..

I like Wellwood, but he is given a very specific role to play in his 9 minutes of ice time and plays it well.

I'm not sure his zip and jump keeps up if you increase his time, or how much he'd be exposed against some of your better NHL competition. He was one of three Flyer rookies (Couturier, Rinaldo) to be a minus player in game one.

So JVR is expected back by G5 or G6? I hadn't heard. The last I read was he got the boot off but that was just last week. I would be really surprised to see him in this series. And if we take a lead in games I don't want him back. Sorry, I know what he can do, I'm going by what he normally does do.

I'd take a JVR that could play 12-15 over Wellwood or Rinaldo. Otherwise, why rush JVR back?

I think Wellwood sits, but I really like his speed. Rinaldo though does have opposing players looking for him when he's on ice, which means, they aren't as focused on the puck.

The Flyers' record with Rinaldo in the lineup is remarkable.

I think he plays a pretty important role.

If Carcillo (!) can get ice time in the playoffs, then there is no reason Rinaldo should not.

I do like Wellwood a lot too.