The Pens board is sheer entertainment

Guest TedZep

"Right. I'm seriously embarrassed to be a fan of this team."

As well you should be.

"Sid, quit yapping and just play."

"I'm seriously embarrassed to be a Pens fan right now... Congrats on the win Philly."

"f..... pathetic looking like a bunch of spoiled kids, lose on the ice and than blow, show some friggin heart playing..."

"I wish we lost to ANY other team. ANY. I just can't stand the Flyers.... I hate that I have to go back to Philly soon and deal with this too."

"At least Sid took their best player with him." This made me laugh the loudest!

"What is Sid even chirping about? Your team's a joke, shut the **** up."

"Embarrassing move by the Pens..Gutless and classless..They are done and know it." He had a Pens fan moniker, not a troll

"Dammit Asham, you dumb ***." "well we sure are gooning it up" "Asham just committed battery" "Asham is retarded." "And what Asham just did was *********." "That was pretty dirty."

"I'm embarrassed for this team now. This is just gutless bush league garbage at this point. What a pathetic performance." (he has 'Lemieux' his moniker.)

At least some of these guys are honest about how dirty their team is. Not like some of the Pens fans that visit here.

• Like 1

You often see teams try to turn the momentum in a series by targeting the opposing line-up's veteran leaders--but this is the first time I've ever seen any team so pathetic that they have to try to take out two rookies that have been totally dominating them! The Penguins just made themselves the jokes of the league.

I read through all 41 pages of that thread.......Mea Culpa to B21......I understand now why he hangs out on a Flyers site.....we actually have a concept of how the game is played......After today's game, the suicide rate in Pittsburgh just quintupled....I really hope B21 was not one of them.

"the only thing worse than this game are the Charles Barkley commercials"........ :lol:

What's up with Sir Charles' voice?

Edited by terp

here are more prime examples:

I am embarrassed to be a Pens fan today. What a shame.

In 35 years of watching hockey, I have never seen a systematic meltdown of a team like this.

I doubt Shero or Mario will do anything about it. They would have to admit they made mistakes, and that wont happen.

Shero will hang his hat on the regular season record, and that will keep Fleury and Martin doing what they do (or dont).

Sid acted like a pi$$ed off teenager. Malkin decided to stay home. Flower wilted. TEAM Def wins championships. Our players and coaches should already know that.

Asham will be maThis team couldnt beat a college hockey team right now..much less the flyers, no goaltending, and god awful defense. Now pls explain how the are going to do it again..win two on the road. With this collection of over-hyped frauds. de an example of, and I doubt if he ever wears a Pens uniform again.

Melrose picked them and the blackhawks in the finals.Right now hes choking on it

Barry Melrose is so bad he's ESPN's hockey analyst.

What could be worse than being the hockey analyst on a network that doesn't cover hockey?

This is a guy who couldn't win the Stanley Cup with Wayne Gretzky on his roster. True story.

Hey Rad,

Just me down in Ecuador. What a shame for the sport to be shown nationally in hopes of generating interest, and this display of how the game should not be played. The Pens behaved like spoiled little kids when they knew the game was lost. I think the league should rethink Crosby as the face of the league. If a player can slam another player's head into the glass, and all he gets is a $2500.00 fine I doubt there will be any suspensions to the Pens players. Why? well, because it's the leagues favorite team and golden boy plays for them. They can verbalize all they want about safety, but they better soon do something about the blatant dirty play before there is a serious injury. What do you think would happen if a Flyer cross checked Cindy like Ashem did Schenn? Banned for life!

Hey Rad,

Just me down in Ecuador. What a shame for the sport to be shown nationally in hopes of generating interest, and this display of how the game should not be played. The Pens behaved like spoiled little kids when they knew the game was lost. I think the league should rethink Crosby as the face of the league. If a player can slam another player's head into the glass, and all he gets is a $2500.00 fine I doubt there will be any suspensions to the Pens players. Why? well, because it's the leagues favorite team and golden boy plays for them. They can verbalize all they want about safety, but they better soon do something about the blatant dirty play before there is a serious injury. What do you think would happen if a Flyer cross checked Cindy like Ashem did Schenn? Banned for life!

There isn't a circle in the deepest part of Hell that would be sufficient to place a Flyer who would take a stick to the throat of His Crobyness in such a manner. Nay, not even replacing him in one of the three gaping maws of Satan himself would suffice.

The Pens were a complete embarassment. I feel sorry for the City of Pittsburgh because of that display today.

And that's saying something.

What a shame for the sport to be shown nationally in hopes of generating interest, and this display of how the game should not be played. The Pens behaved like spoiled little kids when they knew the game was lost.

The league has an opportunity to show the world that this is NOT what the NHL is all about by suspending at least two of the three Pens that deserve it. If they do all three I will be shocked!

Hi TedZep,

The Pens are the league favorites so don't hold your breath waiting for suspensions. It's obvious that the intent was to injure the young playes or at least get them off their game. I think the believe this would be the best way to turn the series around. The only turning that will occur is to turn off the fans and anyone who might have a small interest in the sport. No respect for the game and little for themselves. I can hardly wait for Shanny's reaction and since the players returned to the game, nothing will happen.

All the best.

here are more prime examples:

I am embarrassed to be a Pens fan today. What a shame.

In 35 years of watching hockey, I have never seen a systematic meltdown of a team like this.

I doubt Shero or Mario will do anything about it. They would have to admit they made mistakes, and that wont happen.

Shero will hang his hat on the regular season record, and that will keep Fleury and Martin doing what they do (or dont).

Sid acted like a pi$$ed off teenager. Malkin decided to stay home. Flower wilted. TEAM Def wins championships. Our players and coaches should already know that.

Asham will be maThis team couldnt beat a college hockey team right now..much less the flyers, no goaltending, and god awful defense. Now pls explain how the are going to do it again..win two on the road. With this collection of over-hyped frauds. de an example of, and I doubt if he ever wears a Pens uniform again.

That actually makes me respect the Pens fans a little bit more. Glad to see that they are not all blind homers.

From http://www.letsgopen...php?f=1&t=58390

I think this hits the nail on the head the most from all the comments I've seen.

I'm a Penguin fan first, but I'm a big hockey fan in general, and I watch everything from NHL, AHL, international, all the way down to youth hockey games. The Pens set a bad example today for young kids in this area who have the dream of playing pro someday.

And the worst thing about it is the fact that the team now just comfirmed everything Tortorella, Laviolette, and Milbury said the past two weeks.