Malkin compliments Flyers

Guest JackStraw

I admit I'm surprised to see this from Malkin, I had him figured for a less gracious loser:

Malkin told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that it was his "most" disappointing loss as a Penguin. He did give kudos to rookie Sean Couturier and the job the Flyers' entire checking line did against him.

"I tried hard," Malkin said. "To play against the checking line all the way was hard. It was a tough series. I tried to play my game. They did a great job. They played unbelievable against us all year . . . offensively, defensively, they did it all."

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20120424_BEST___WORST_MATCHUPS.html

• Like 1

@JackStraw

I think if you're the Pens he's the guy you have to keep out of the big 3 contracts, We would love him if he was a Flyer, he had a great year and seemed to be the only Pen other than Breck Girl not freaked out by Giroux's shift in game 6. i wish he had more respect for his fellow players on the ice though, he's going to really hurt someone one of these days...or get really hurt himself.

• Like 1

@JackStraw

I think if you're the Pens he's the guy you have to keep out of the big 3 contracts, We would love him if he was a Flyer, he had a great year and seemed to be the only Pen other than Breck Girl not freaked out by Giroux's shift in game 6. i wish he had more respect for his fellow players on the ice though, he's going to really hurt someone one of these days...or get really hurt himself.

Yeah, the main reason I don't like Malkin is because he's so dirty. I have to think that one of these days someone is going to make him pay for all the elbows he dishes out.

• Like 1

@JackStraw

worded perfectly, completely agree

If Malkin wasn't so dirty with his elbows I'd probably be a bigger fan of his. He gives alot of effort but he's so dirty that he forces me to hate him. That being said I don't disagree with Malkin's dig at Bryz toward the end of his statement. I don't think Bryz was a big challenge for them. Hopefully he turns it around for Round 2!

I think the endearing part is the refresing honesty. Good for Malkin. While Crosby was bitching to the press and screeching at the refs, Malkin was working hard trying to get **** done. I guess it makes him a little more likable as a person (think to 24/7 with the Rangers), but as a player, he still throws those dirty elbows.

• Like 1

Ya, Crosby may whine, dive and slash, but Malkin is a headhunter. He's gone after Girouxs melon on more than one occasion.

and with Neal pulling the same crap you have to wonder what the team mentality is over there, when your trophy winner, your 50-goal guy is throwing elbows directly to opposing stars' heads. It's not "old-time hockey" it's not "gamesmanship" it's just lowdown dirty, inexcusable conduct - especially from a "star." Fk Malkin.

Would I love to have him in the O&B? Sure I would. But I'd hope our guys would get to him early and tell him "that's not what we do here on this side of the state."

Plus, if there's one guy who doesn't need to do that crap it's Malkin (and Neal). Those 2 are hugely talented scorers, they shouldn't lower themselves to Raffi Torres status.

and with Neal pulling the same crap you have to wonder what the team mentality is over there, when your trophy winner, your 50-goal guy is throwing elbows directly to opposing stars' heads. It's not "old-time hockey" it's not "gamesmanship" it's just lowdown dirty, inexcusable conduct - especially from a "star."

And you'd think that their own captain (a concussion time bomb) or their owner who were both outspoken about removing dirty hits and headhunting from the NHL would keep them in check, but I guess not. It would be very difficult to rally to play for a leader(s) who are blatant hypocrites.