Nickelback having some fun with the Philadelphia Flyers - 4-24-12

Guest Irishjim

Everyone on 97.5 The Fanatic was trashing the FLyers today for going to a Nickelback show!!

HAHAA!! Dam sellout Canadians..... all the tools to be a good hard rock band, yet they decided to be love-ballad sellout types the radio

played out to death.... and people wonder why everyone hates them..... the only guys that better go to that show better have been

drug there by their wife or a hot piece that's promised a little road head on the way home!!

• Like 2

Everyone on 97.5 The Fanatic was trashing the FLyers today for going to a Nickelback show!!

HAHAA!! Dam sellout Canadians..... all the tools to be a good hard rock band, yet they decided to be love-ballad sellout types the radio

played out to death.... and people wonder why everyone hates them..... the only guys that better go to that show better have been

drug there by their wife or a hot piece that's promised a little road head on the way home!!

If I had a full out hockey rink in my basement like Chad Kroeger has in his house I'd sell out to. Dude has a pretty sweet pad Vancouver.

chad has the gift of being able to write good hooks and say what he wants in 4/4 3:30, sure it's not king crimson, but sometimes its nice to just bob your head to a nice riff and not have to count 60 in 5/4.

i got no problem with him getting paid and using his celebrity to meet the people he wants to meet.

and in defense of G Harts, Talbot and Schenn, it's not like Tool is on the road now and even then that douc_He maynard wouldn't be interested in meeting them...

Edited by mojo1917

Hey now, Tool is an awesome band.

Though, Nickelback could be a good one, as they do have the talent. But, if I had to chose between a life with a bunch of guy fans or a bunch of 20 yr old college chicks, same money, you bet I'm singing like a fairy.

• Like 1

How in the world did TOOL get brought into a Nickelback discussion? Tool has more originality in Maynard's left pinkie than Nickelback!

The funny thing is Nickelback has been with Roadrunner Records --- which distributed some of the best and heaviest bands in the world

since the early 90s (Sepultura, Slipknot, Machine Head, Soulfly, Zombie, etc) -- and they wrote some fairly decent heavy songs back in the day.....

but, once they had a Top10 hit -- I guess Roadrunner saw the coin possible w/ these guys -- and they basically ended up writing the same song,

over and over and over again..... and the girls kept buying it.

How in the world did TOOL get brought into a Nickelback discussion? Tool has more originality in Maynard's left pinkie than Nickelback!

The funny thing is Nickelback has been with Roadrunner Records --- which distributed some of the best and heaviest bands in the world

since the early 90s (Sepultura, Slipknot, Machine Head, Soulfly, Zombie, etc) -- and they wrote some fairly decent heavy songs back in the day.....

but, once they had a Top10 hit -- I guess Roadrunner saw the coin possible w/ these guys -- and they basically ended up writing the same song,

• Like 1

Soulfly, now that's another awesome band. Slipknot got kind of soft and tired as time went on. Machine Head was a fun one to listen to as well though.

@doom88

Machine Head is still kickin arse better than ever...... their last few albums have been a complete step up in song writing and progression....

they started out more as a NY hardcore type/metal band....went thru that stupid rap-metal phase for a bit late 90s, early 00s, but recently --- The Blackening was a masterpiece

and the new one "Unto the Locust" went in the same direction with lots of intricate guitar work, dueling harmonic solos and epic 7+ min marathon

songs...... this is one of those rare bands that have actually gotten BETTER in time.

i'll tell you. Tool wasn't playing the WF center on 4/24 but Nickelback was. If some one says to me "hey do you want to go see Nickelback ? they like what you do and would probably like to hang out tickets are on the house"... i'd do it. life is short, but if you act like an ass it can feel really long.

And for all the music snobs here i have this to say, Lighten the f up... I spent about 12 years listening to & following mid atlantic regional acts, I spent 12 years "hating the machine man" if the song was popular, it had to suck, just had to, then i met a new friend who was a better musician than me in just about every way, we hit it off; liked a lot of the same kind of music, traded our local cds back and forth, i learned a lot from him about ensemble and the fool proof way to write & jam in 3/4... but this guy liked miley f'in cyrus, because, "well when she turns 18 she's going to be hot and that song with the butterflies is a pretty good pop song". He then went on to a say just because something is accessible to everyone doesn't mean it isn't "quality". and then asked me what i thought of quincy jones, and I said well he's a bad ass, and then he listed 8 pop songs that the Q produced or wrote that definitely didn't suck.

like i said, sometimes a groove to nod your head to is good enough.

Hey now, Tool is an awesome band. Though, Nickelback could be a good one, as they do have the talent. But, if I had to chose between a life with a bunch of guy fans or a bunch of 20 yr old college chicks, same money, you bet I'm singing like a fairy.

....... :wub: ............