Lets Not Get Carried Away...

Guest SoCalFlyfan

Cmon'

Great series all around, but you guys are acting like beating the Pens is our 'Stanley Cup'.

...Now we have Giroux and Hartsy firing off T-shirt cannons at Nickleback concerts and Giroux being photoshopped as Jesus.

We can enjoy this a little but Lavi still needs to figure out how to beat a defensively sound team Like the Rangers, Bruins, Preds and Blues. Until then, I'm keeping a straight face...and not shaving my beard.

~SoCalflyfan

• Like 1

Lavy beat the Bruins two years ago in the playoffs... taking out the Rangers in order to get to the playoffs.

We will be fine if we play games like we played game 6 against the Pens.

I agree that we should keep in in perspective but confidence and momentum is a good thing.

EDIT: Darn you AFF :)

Edited by jkearse123
  • Like 1

Cmon'

Great series all around, but you guys are acting like beating the Pens is our 'Stanley Cup'.

...Now we have Giroux and Hartsy firing off T-shirt cannons at Nickleback concerts and Giroux being photoshopped as Jesus.

We can enjoy this a little but Lavi still needs to figure out how to beat a defensively sound team Like the Rangers, Bruins, Preds and Blues. Until then, I'm keeping a straight face...and not shaving my beard.

~SoCalflyfan

Agreed. I'd rather they were humble and hard at work.

Btw, scratch the Bs, but Holtby looks really good at the right time.

Agreed. I'd rather they were humble and hard at work.

Btw, scratch the Bs, but Holtby looks really good at the right time.

the B's going down is a good thing for us, however my concern is the Rangers. We just simply do not match up well with them. However, there are no shootouts in the playoffs so if we meet them in the conference finals we stand a chance.

the B's going down is a good thing for us, however my concern is the Rangers. We just simply do not match up well with them. However, there are no shootouts in the playoffs so if we meet them in the conference finals we stand a chance.

The Flyers are still in, therefore they have a chance. They can beat anyone they make up their minds to. Matchups don't matter as much in the playoffs as coaching, mentality, and will. If the Flyers truly want it, they will win. Despite Bryz of course, he sucks.

• Like 1

Cmon'

Hey I hear you barkin' SoCal. The Jesus thing kinda bums me out and Nickleback blows,but fun is fun. Let the gang blow off some steam. Maybe a little glowing in the spotlight and then back at it. You can't practice all day long and a little PR is good for everybody.

The Flyers are still in, therefore they have a chance. They can beat anyone they make up their minds to. Matchups don't matter as much in the playoffs as coaching, mentality, and will. If the Flyers truly want it, they will win. Despite Bryz of course, he sucks.

I don't know...I can't see Bryz outplaying Lundkvist or Rinne unless something retarded happens.

• Like 1

Ya but that's the beauty of this year's Flyers - Bryzgalov doesn't have to outplay the opposing goalie he just has to give the Flyers solid (average) goaltending: he can't lose the games, that's all. The scorers and our Team D (if it plays anything like G5 and G6) can do the rest.

• Like 1

Ya but that's the beauty of this year's Flyers - Bryzgalov doesn't have to outplay the opposing goalie he just has to give the Flyers solid (average) goaltending: he can't lose the games, that's all. The scorers and our Team D (if it plays anything like G5 and G6) can do the rest.

I just can't see us putting up 3 or 4 + goals against Rinne or Lundkvist consistently in a seven game series (which is what it will take)....and I just don't see Bryz only letting in 2 goals/game. With that said, as we have learned so far in the playoffs..anything can happen.

just can't see us putting up 3 or 4 + goals against Rinne or Lundkvist consistently in a seven game series

Agreed. This is why hockey players invented, a long time ago, the patented run-the-goalie move. The move is best performed by a 4th liner/role player who doesn't mind getting his head bashed in and a stiff suspension.

• Like 1

Agreed. This is why hockey players invented, a long time ago, the patented run-the-goalie move. The move is best performed by a 4th liner/role player who doesn't mind getting his head bashed in and a stiff suspension.

Are you speaking from personal experience here?

That works in beer league, but not with this Flyer team. You think Matt Read or Eric Wellwood are going to take out a goalie ?

Or Keith Jones, who gets neither when he does it twice in one series.

Cmon'

~SoCalflyfan

I feel ya. I for one am concerned about this lengthy layover. I was watching coverage yesterday on I forget which show but they gave 2 stats. One was their record in game 1 after a 5 day break and it was something to the effect of 4-8. But their overall record in those series' is 8-4. Something like that. Basically they don't come out of the gate strong but still won more of those series' than they lost. Encouraging sure but I'm with you, let's not put the cart before the horse

I feel ya. I for one am concerned about this lengthy layover. I was watching coverage yesterday on I forget which show but they gave 2 stats. One was their record in game 1 after a 5 day break and it was something to the effect of 4-8. But their overall record in those series' is 8-4. Something like that. Basically they don't come out of the gate strong but still won more of those series' than they lost. Encouraging sure but I'm with you, let's not put the cart before the horse

Normally I would agree, but this team needs to get healthy. They need all the rest they can get!

Normally I would agree, but this team needs to get healthy. They need all the rest they can get!

Rest, yes. Partying at Nickleback concerts... not so much. they need to keep their focus and their drive going. But I'm not worried about them going to a concert or anything like that, I'm just worried about momentum. The team definitely needed the time off for health reasons for sure. Could you imagine the layover if the Flyers swept the series?

they gave 2 stats. One was their record in game 1 after a 5 day break and it was something to the effect of 4-8. But their overall record in those series' is 8-4. Something like that.

Good stuff right there..... what this basically states is, yes teams can be a bit rusty vs a team just coming off a series and some momentum, but grind out the

series and that team will wear down near the end while our guys still have some jam in their legs left.... key is just not falling down 0-2.