Backup goalie

Guest orange_crush

There's actually a decent list of goalies that are UFA's , of course with Bryz's contract we want somebody cheap..

what about Roloson is he was willing to play cheap?

Clemenson would be a good option

Hedberg

Ellis

Montoya

I would think Clemenson would be the best pick since he only made 1.5 mill last year

http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=802

My list goes....

1)Montoya....tons of upside here, had respectable stats on the horribley bad NYI squad...that team did not pay to much attention to defense.

2)Clemmenson...proven commodity here, solid could take over a playoff series as he proved last season

3)Christobal Huet....wants back in the league, could be cheap, when he played was decent.

4)Dominik Hasek.....yep, wants to make a comeback...worth a training camp try out....would be cheap...multiple cup winner...knows what it takes to win

5)Dan Ellis....not a big fan, but numbers were *ok* when pressed into service.

• Like 1

As with most of y'all, Clemenson would be my first target. Unlike anyone so far, and at the risk of great ridicule, I'd take Biron back (as backup). He's perfectly capable in that role. He can stop pucks pretty well, it's the puck-handling that's frightening.

Hedberg is pretty good, too, but I think Pods is right and he re-signed with NJ. Ellis, my third chioce. Not too sure about Huet. It'd have to be around $1 million or less.

There's actually a decent list of goalies that are UFA's , of course with Bryz's contract we want somebody cheap..

what about Roloson is he was willing to play cheap?

Clemenson would be a good option

Hedberg

Ellis

Montoya

I would think Clemenson would be the best pick since he only made 1.5 mill last year

http://www.capgeek.c...play.php?id=802

I would love to sign Hedberg out of that group...

....no more Biron please....

Edit:

...Better yet lets trade Giroux and 1st and the rights to Thor remaining nut for Dipietro and just bring the Cup to Philly... :D

Edited by OccamsRazor

I'm still having trouble trying to wrap my head around the concept of bringing Leighton back. Seriously, wtf....he lied to Homer claiming to be healthy, with held the fact he was injured, signed a two year extension and then pronounced he needed surgery. Sounds like criminal misconduct to me ....fraud on the multi-million dollar level....and we are still somehow, someway contimplating resigning him....is Homer insane??? Does he like to surround himself with liars and fraudsters....wtf.

• Like 1

I'm still having trouble trying to wrap my head around the concept of bringing Leighton back. Seriously, wtf....he lied to Homer claiming to be healthy, with held the fact he was injured, signed a two year extension and then pronounced he needed surgery. Sounds like criminal misconduct to me ....fraud on the multi-million dollar level....and we are still somehow, someway contimplating resigning him....is Homer insane??? Does he like to surround himself with liars and fraudsters....wtf.

The fact that Leighton flat out lied to the Flyers organization about his injury I wouldn't even consider him..let alone the fact that he completely sucks after his back surgery..

But if they did, what would you say your style is? Butterfly? Paddle-down thingy? Or, argue with them until they give in?

No matter what the style is it probably would be a sure bet that Nodl would score more goals than Jagr.

• Like 1