UFA Day Frenzy

Guest brelic

Is there anyone else hoping that Jagr returns or Doan signs instead of Ryan, Parise or Nash?

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I think Parise is worth the cost. Not sure what the actual cost of Nash or Ryan will work out to be. I'm weary of what Jagr wants in money and TOI, but he could be worth it. I'm concerned over Doan's salary and term requests as well.

@doom88 That's where I sit Doomster, Praise is worth the money all day long. Never, ever takes a shift off, SUPER DUPER leadership skillls, super physicality from a smaller guy (much like Giroux), super tenacoius play, super grit, off the charts work ethic. With Giroux and Praise on the same line for the next 8 years, you create a natural mismatch....no defense will stop them from cycling. It also gives us so much depth at forward the other top lines will be feeding off weak d-men, opponents will *have* to stack up their top 2 guys against P + G.

EDIT....and it's just money cap space, unlike Nash and Ryan. When you can add a talent like Parise without giving up talent....you do it...no questions asked.

Edited by jammer2

It wouldn't be a bad thing, but I think Parise is worth the cost. Not sure what the actual cost of Nash or Ryan will work out to be. I'm weary of what Jagr wants in money and TOI, but he could be worth it. I'm concerned over Doan's salary and term requests as well.

According to Darren Dreger TSN....Jagr wants to play in Montreal, but other clubs are being told he wants 4 mill for 1 year. See ya Jagr.

http://twitter.com/#!/DarrenDreger

Is there anyone else hoping that Jagr returns or Doan signs instead of Ryan, Parise or Nash?

I would like to see Jagr back. I think the work ethic example he sets would really be engrained in our youngsters with one more year to establish those habits. They are still impressionable and could be influenced the other way if not surrounded by quality leadership.

But...

The salary demands of a player Jagr's age should incrementally decrease as said players' career winds down. We should not spend big $$ on these types in leu of prime time players. They have a critical role on quality teams, but they cannot eat up your cap space or prevent you from filling out your roster.

So... jagr @3.3mill or less should be good for both sides. He had fun, and should value that higher than cash at this point in his career.

Scored more points then Crosby in the Q Cooter did, say what you want thats damn good. We have not yet seen the tip of the tip of the iceberg of Coots offensive potential is yet. He defense will only get better also, I see him being a Datsyuk type player, or even better, the best two-way forward year in and year out.

Say what???? I hope you mean in the years Couturier played, while Crosby was in the NHL. The guy is going to be a very good player. But Crosby had more points in his worst year in the Q than Couturier had in his best.

I saw that they had mutual interest, but a dozen teams wanted to see if they could sign him.

Just read a quote from Montreal GM Marc Bergevin, and he is saying Montreal has no interest in Jagr.

Don't know who to believe....u here so many quotes. I guess u will only really know when it actually happens.

When you can add a talent like Parise without giving up talent....you do it...no questions asked.

except when it comes time to lock up some of our blazing-good rookies and who knows who else? Parise is a all you said but he's going to eat up a big chunk of the cap for an awfully long time...Plus this whole routine him and his agent are doing - playing the market for all it's worth - it's souring me on him - and Suter and Carle. I can't really blame them if they're just going for the best deal but ... it seems by now...5pm Monday ... how many more shekels are they trying to squeeze out of the owners?

Yah I guess so, though everyone says it's definitely going down from the $70.-something it is now. Anyway you're probably right, if we don't resign Kimmo or Hartnell next year we're fine, that would be Parise's money right there.

Still hard for me to think of Parise in the O&B...he's a Devil, always has been. At the very least he's going to have the stink of the New Jersey swamps on him for awhile... :)

• Like 1