Have to land Weber w/ Rangers getting Nash

Guest Pauliking

Ok. My bad it's his uncle. Whatever. Anyways it says, and I'm only picking out the good stuff, after suter left weber wanted out of Nashville. He had a meeting and requested out of town. Now it goods. He requested a trade to three teams. Detroit, Philly, or rangers. All of those teams said they wanted him. So Nashville said go get a contract from whatever team you want. Now for the smoke and mirror part. Weber said Philly is the team. Philly called Nashville with the intent to make offer. To save face of losing two all star dmen same year they asked Philly to make a too large to match offer to look like they tried. The other part of this joke is that since Philly will be trading two players to Nashville to get some space to acquire another forward. That's all being discussed today because apparently Philly vp's flew to Nashville today to work on all of this. Ok I'm done. Never heard anything mentioned above and I'm sure Philly wouldn't fly down there. So I call bs.

I'll just leave this right here...

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/EJA324/history/20120723/1015Z/KPHL/KBNA

I can't believe somebody let you in on this forum. Do they know who you are?

I practically left the Philly.com forums because of this guy & people like him.

If he sticks around here, I may just vacate this premises as well.

If this forum starts accepting trolls, then what is the point of starting it in the first place?

• Like 1

@behnam In this type of environment, Paulie has no option but to behave himself. We have had our fair share of battles over the years, but in the end, I love the guys passion for the Flyers. If they won the cup, he would streak naked down Broad Street in a alcohol induced black out!! (sorry for the visual...LOL).

Jammer it was reported he streaked down Broad Street naked in an alcohol haze when the Flyers signed Weber to an offer sheet! ;)

No this is not the person I speak to for the other flyers news. I've been trying to get ahold of him though but have failed lately.

Jmr, what you said really makes a lot of sense so there could be some truth to it. I can totally see Nashville wanting to save face with their fans and would totally expect them to not match if a trade of players is made. 4 first round draft picks for Weber is not going to go over well with the fans who also lost Suter, I can see some kind of sign and trade with Jake and one of our defenseman plus two firsts.

The Preds would need an NHL dman after losing Suter and Wever. What is intriquing to me is if the Flyers sent Kimo back. Before people rip me think about it. Kimo is a Nashville fan favorite which would help ease the pain of the trade. He is in the last year of a contract paying over $6 million and has noticeably slowed down. Freeing up that additional cap space would allow the Flyers to sign Doan or possibly trade for Ryan and allow the numbers to work much easier.

• Like 1

Trust me people I am not here to troll. I leave that to Philly.com because the moderator is a complete tool. Anyway, We have to find something out today about this deal. I think the Preds would have signed him already if they were going to but are know working on a trade.

Maybe Tim McGraw wanted to catch the Phillies game?

The problem with this thought is that Monday's flight was from Philly to Nashville. Tuesday's flight is the return.

Intriguing development indeed. Any updates this morning, JM?

Let's say we send Nashville a forward and a Dman. The question is who would we send? If it is MAB (hopefully Lilja too) and Read I am ok with it. I just hope it isn't either Cooter or B. Schenn. I'd also rather send Kimmo than MAB but could live with sending MAB.

Also I don't think we are in the game for Ryan. Let's say we make the trade above who is left to deal for Ryan? I think they are more likely to sign Doan than trade for Ryan as the price for Ryan maybe too high.

I wouldn't send them Couturier or Schenn either. If the Preds decide to match, then the Flyers brass gave it their all. No sense in dismantling our youth for one player, no matter how good he is.

I like what most have suggested sending down, I just feel like there has to be that "star power" name in the proposal (if there is one). Remember Nashville is still going to have to fill seats. In that case, I think, and I know this is a long shot with the NMC/NTC issues, but I can arguably see Briere going along with MAB and two 1st round picks.

This give the name to sell jerseys, gets them to the cap floor (I think, I should research this before saying it), gets them a solid defense prospect, and a 1st round pick. And to me, minus the age of Briere, is a far better deal than Howsen received for Nash.

• Like 1

Let's say we send Nashville a forward and a Dman. The question is who would we send? If it is MAB (hopefully Lilja too) and Read I am ok with it. I just hope it isn't either Cooter or B. Schenn. I'd also rather send Kimmo than MAB but could live with sending MAB. Also I don't think we are in the game for Ryan. Let's say we make the trade above who is left to deal for Ryan? I think they are more likely to sign Doan than trade for Ryan as the price for Ryan maybe too high.

I think it will be Mez and MAB plus vorcek. Free's us up the money to sign Shane Doan.

Mez, Jake AND MAB - plus a 1st rounder - is what Meltzer proposed yesterday, when I said I didn't like it one bit.

Today I like it even less. We're trying to solidify our D and so we trade away 2 D-men. Makes no sense. And there seems to be a lot of undervaluing Meszaros around here. Look I wasn't thrilled when we bought him at the high salary he got; he was coming off a couple bad years, his last good season had been 3, 4 years ago in Ott. But he proved his worth last 2 years in Philly.

Everything I read says his surgery went very well, he's expected back 100% on time for the season.

then we're going to "throw in" one of the best D rookies we've seen since ... since I don't know when? Why? Because that's what Nash needs now that it let its 2 best D-men go for nothing? or almost-nothing?

Jake only needs ice time to become an explosive offensive weapon. He already is but given another season and big minutes we'll see that explosiveness on a regular basis. I'm not parting with him in this Weber scenario. The Offer Sheet is on the table. Nashville matches or they don't. If they don't they get 4 1st round picks. That's it. Fk em.

• Like 1