Bryz end of season Q&A

EDI-Flyer

@phlfly

I honestly don't care what Bryz, or Mason did on other teams. I care what they do for Philly. And right now in a very small sample size, Mason is blowing the doors off. And for a lot less money. And even cheaper next year.

Well you can't know how he is going to perform for many game in Flyers, but my guess it would not be anything better then last year in the Columbus. This is reason every team has a back up, that plays 20-30 games and steal 50 % of it, as hope. I see our defense and game in own zone is bad as it could be, some commentator said Flyers is worst in the own zone give away. Mason is back up and will be back to rest of his career, it's just Flyers fans are making him like he is already Henrick L. He is not he won couple meanless games at end of the season. Come on people wake up. Bryzi is not a best but he can be one of the best with right defence and system. Mason is other hand just back up.

Well you can't know how he is going to perform for many game in Flyers, but my guess it would not be anything better then last year in the Columbus. This is reason every team has a back up, that plays 20-30 games and steal 50 % of it, as hope. I see our defense and game in own zone is bad as it could be, some commentator said Flyers is worst in the own zone give away. Mason is back up and will be back to rest of his career, it's just Flyers fans are making him like he is already Henrick L. He is not he won couple meanless games at end of the season. Come on people wake up. Bryzi is not a best but he can be one of the best with right defence and system. Mason is other hand just back up.

-- I understand where you are coming from with the backup Goalie but did we also say the same thing about another Goalie that was in Philly who is now battling for a Vezina? Bryz is simply not worth the $$ he is making. I can honestly say with or without the defense in front of him he is getting paid to steal games and he simply does not. He has had enough time to adjust to Philly but the real question is - Can he be the top tier Goaltender that we thought we where thought to believe he is? IMO, absolutely not...

Ask yourself this: Can he be the type of Goalie that can steal a playoff series?

King H is a top tier Goalie and Bryz is nowhere near his ability... H steals games behind a battered defense... he is a true #1.

Edited by murraycraven

My point was that the neighbor lady was hanging white clothes on her line and we don't need new goalie. Need, coach send massage send slow Coburn AHL. Anyone watch, new muppet movie? Bryz good, don't, need some stats, ridicious.

EDITED.

I mwasn't shore watt yoar punt wuz bit that butter.

Nobody thinks he's Lundquist. He's given us a small sample of what he's capable of. Next year we'll see if he's really a #1 goalie or not. He's got size, athleticism, skating ability, puckhandling skills and a positive attitude. He's played great for the short term he was here. Not good, great. Then there's Bryz who has...... goofy quotes. And a huge caphit. Mason will be making just over 1/4 what Bryz will be. It's not going to be hard at that pricepoint to outperform one of the worst starting goaltenders in the league.

-- I understand where you are coming from with the backup Goalie but did we also say the same thing about another Goalie that was in Philly who is now battling for a Vezina? Bryz is simply not worth the $$ he is making. I can honestly say with or without the defense in front of him he is getting paid to steal games and he simply does not. He has had enough time to adjust to Philly but the real question is - Can he be the top tier Goaltender that we thought we where thought to believe he is? IMO, absolutely not...

Ask yourself this: Can he be the type of Goalie that can steal a playoff series?

King H is a top tier Goalie and Bryz is nowhere near his ability... H steals games behind a battered defense... he is a true #1.

your problem is you want the best goalie in the world like bernie parent which no goalie is, no matter what goalie comes here, they are never going to be bernie parent, no super goalie is going to save this team or bail out the lously mistakes this team keeps making.

let me ask you something is hockey a team sport or a one man game meaning the goalie? because i dont understand how nemi, osgood, fleury won cups and they werent the best in the world.

@toughfighter83

Ok, spell this out for everyone, what is your point of view on this? Are you of the opinion that bryzgalov is a really good goalie, and so talk of replacing him is stupid? Or is it not that bryzgalov is all that great, but there are other problems with the roster, so talk of replacing bryzgalov is just wasted time and attention?

Posted Today, 07:27 AM

aziz, on Apr 28, 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

@doom88

You understood what 5th grade education boy said?

-- Aziz... something tells me a 5th grade education might be a bit generous.

Easy fellas, that's a pretty low shot. Admittedly, TF83 makes some pretty bizarre posts and I am guessing that there is a pretty strong language barrier but from what I can gather, he is trying to have legit conversation, as confusing as it may be. The avatar pic does have to go though. That thing makes me uncomfortable everytime I see it.

My point was that the neighbor lady was hanging white clothes on her line and we don't need new goalie. Need, coach send massage send slow Coburn AHL. Anyone watch, new muppet movie? Bryz good, don't, need some stats, ridicious.

EDITED.

Therf be the funnierest shart I red on heer en a wrong tyme!!!!!!!

Edited by murraycraven

Easy fellas, that's a pretty low shot. Admittedly, TF83 makes some pretty bizarre posts and I am guessing that there is a pretty strong language barrier but from what I can gather, he is trying to have legit conversation, as confusing as it may be. The avatar pic does have to go though. That thing makes me uncomfortable everytime I see it.

-- trev... I think you are being too generous as well :blink: . In all seriousness you might be right but it does not eliminate the theme of the posts and the sheer randomness of some of the answers and/or retorts. Although you bring up the language barrier? Hmmm, maybe it is the real Bryz!

Edited by murraycraven

your problem is you want the best goalie in the world like bernie parent which no goalie is, no matter what goalie comes here, they are never going to be bernie parent, no super goalie is going to save this team or bail out the lously mistakes this team keeps making.

let me ask you something is hockey a team sport or a one man game meaning the goalie? because i dont understand how nemi, osgood, fleury won cups and they werent the best in the world.

-- let me ask you this question: In a hyptothetical world you had two Goalies (they stop the puck in hockey). One goalie makes 5.6M per year and the other Goalie makes 1.5M per year... both players have the same exact stats in the same amount of games. Which one does TF83 keep? You can only have one as you are the GM and up against the cap- just so I am clear that is more than 0 and less than 2 - one (1).

No blaming the coaches or GM - no head fakes w/ a response that is off topic ...this is a simple exercise... please advise.

Here are the choices:

1. Goalie #1 @ 5.6M
  2. Goalie #2 @ 1.5M

Pick #1 or #2 please

Edited by murraycraven

I almost choked on my lunch laughing at that!

--trev... honestly, I am trying my hardest here and really dont want to be mean. I just read it as someone rambling on about nonsense. But you are right... maybe we should give him a break. Otherwise, Bryz might think we are part of the Philly media!

your problem is you want the best goalie in the world like bernie parent which no goalie is, no matter what goalie comes here, they are never going to be bernie parent, no super goalie is going to save this team or bail out the lously mistakes this team keeps making

one more thing - where did I ever say that I am asking for the greatest goalie to ever play? If we had one I would be more than inclined to pay him Bryz type money. Otherwise, get a competant goalie and a defense in front of him. You see... it comes down to simple mathematics with Bryz. You paid for an Aston Martin but you actually are driving a KIA... does that make sense to you?

Here is Bill Meltzers take which pretty much sums up my argument:

"Personally, I would not personally rank goaltending as one of the primary on-ice problems the Flyers had this year. Rather, my quibble is that, apart from the first two weeks and the period after the trade deadline, the goaltending was very ordinary as an individual component of the team. There weren't enough clutch saves on non-routine but still potentially stoppable shots.

That is where I feel it is legitimate to bring salary into the equation. If a team allots a hefty portion of its available cap space to goaltending, the goalie's performance has to be consistently stellar or else the team would be better off paying someone else less for comparably average or inconsistent play."

Edited by murraycraven

one more thing - where did I ever say that I am asking for the greatest goalie to ever play? If we had one I would be more than inclined to pay him Bryz type money. Otherwise, get a competant goalie and a defense in front of him. You see... it comes down to simple mathematics with Bryz. You paid for an Aston Martin but you actually are driving a KIA... does that make sense to you?

That is a totally valid point. From what we have seen so far, it appears that we were duped with smoke and mirrors (Tippets system made Bryz look way better than he is) and that we in fact did get ourselves a KIA. (Let it be known though that I wouldn't want the Aston Martin either - those things are a maintainence nightmare! Hey wait a minute.... are Aston Martin's made in Russia? ;) )

I think, and I am guessing here, that perhaps TF83 is of Russian descent, hence his affinity for Bryz and poor english. Regardless, my best translation of his post is that just fixing our goalie problem does NOT fix the team, and if that is what he is trying to say, he is absolutely right. We could have had King H in net this year and there is a good chance we would be sitting in the same place,

Edited by trevluk

I think, and I am guessing here, that perhaps TF83 is of Russian descent, hence his affinity for Bryz and poor english.

run on sentences aren't ESL-style poor English. they are EFL-stupid-person-style poor English.