Bryz end of season Q&A

EDI-Flyer

Whilst I don't have an awful lot of time for Bryz as a goalie and team mate some of the stuff he said in the end of season Q&A with the media was spot on.

A selection of his quotes...

t’s not like fair or unfair. We already had the conversation. It’s just ridiculous. Just ridiculous. Sometimes you’re reading and it’s like, ‘Oh my God, who is this lunatic?’ What are they writing about. It was nothing close to the truth or close to related to hockey. You read this and you’re like, ‘Oh my God, I’ve got to deal with these people every day.’ I’ve said it before, guys. Before you’re writing something you’ve got to read what you’re writing. I’m two years here. I never saw it like good article with everything, like, ‘Flyers lose the game because this, this, this, this, this. They need to improve their game like this, this, this or this.’ I never. That’s what called professionalism. It’s like, ‘OK, this reporter knows hockey. He knows what he talking about.’

Can't really argue with any of that, especially when he has to deal with grade A idiots like Carchidi and Seravalli, never mind Tim Panaccio

You never look yourselves in the mirror, eh? You’re always good. You never make the mistakes. Your articles are always perfect. In reality, what have you done for this city? If you ask yourself, what have you done besides only criticize? Not much.

Can't really argue with any of that either!

Like I say in general I ain't a Bryz lover but on this topic he has my heartfelt sympathy.

Full transcript at http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20130428/SPORTS04/304280058?nclick_check=1

Edited by EDI-Flyer

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philadelphia-flyers/season-over-bryzgalov-goes-out-swinging

In case someone wants the video version.

Just saw and read this a short bit ago and was coming to post, EDI. You beat me to it.

I have to agree with some of what he said about the Philly media, but on the other hand, it was the same media that tried to sell us on the idea that Bryz was carrying this team in the beginning of the year. Maybe if he didn't truly suck the media wouldn't have to report the suckage.

As a certified member of the I.H.B.A.L.A.H.A.F.(I Hate Bryz As Long As He's A Flyer) ,His quotes were spot on. He is absolutely right about 95% of the philly media. Bill Meltzer is the ONLY guy I really trust when it comes to Flyers info.

Maybe if he didn't truly suck the media wouldn't have to report the suckage.

That is undoubtedly true...

But if you subbed out Bryz and put any other Flyer saying those things we would all be agreeing with them wholeheartedly!

Bill Meltzer is the ONLY guy I really trust when it comes to Flyers info.

+1 on this, the guy has decent sources and writes some thoughtful pieces. Only pity is he blogs on hockeybuzz but we can't all be perfect I guess :P

Here is more of the interview

“It’s out of my hands,” Bryzgalov said on Sunday when asked if he wanted to return next year. “I told you, it’s out of my hands. I have no control on this.”

“It’s not like fair or unfair,” Bryzgalov said. “We’ve already had the conversation. It’s just ridiculous. It’s just ridiculous. Sometimes you’re reading and you’re like, ‘Oh my God, who’s this lunatic? What are they writing about?’ Because there was nothing close to the truth or close to related to hockey. You read it and you’re like, ‘Oh my God, I have to deal with these people every day.’

“Like I said before, guys, before you write something you’ve got to read what you’re writing. Cause I never saw, I’m two years here, I never saw for two years good article where everything is like, OK, ‘The Flyers lose the game because this, this, this, this, this. Or they need to improve this, this, this or this.’ I never. That’s what to call professional, where you can say ‘This reporter knows hockey. He knows what he’s talking about.’”

Bryzgalov revealed that he reads “a lot” of the stories written about him and the team. He repeated “a lot” several times. When asked whether he feels like he’s been professional, something he chastised reporters for failing to be, he said, “I work very hard every game, every day, every practice. Maybe the result is not what was expected. But I sweat a lot here. I bleed a lot.”

But is there anything he would change from the last two seasons? Anything he’d do differently if given the opportunity?

“You probably want to ask me if I regret,” Bryzgalov said. “That’s what you want to ask. No, I’m not. I had tremendous experience here. Some things go good. Some things go wrong. But that’s a life. You have a problems in front of us, you’ve got to deal with it and go through it. It only makes us stronger.”

I had tremendous experience here. hmmm. interesting

The irony is that it was the same know-nothing media that hyped him into 52 million dollars. Live by the sword, die by the bandwagon jumping stats instead of eyeballs I'll say whatever he said but louder hockey writers.

They got you paid, dude, stop crying that they have no idea what they are taking about. They don't, and we've known that for at least two years and some $16mil.

fkn funniest part of that article is Bryzgalov of all people challenging somebody with, "what have you done for this city?"

God I can't wait till Philly is done with him. He really has to be kidding on that one.

fkn funniest part of that article is Bryzgalov of all people challenging somebody with, "what have you done for this city?"

God I can't wait till Philly is done with him. He really has to be kidding on that one.

actually what do you fans have done for this city? hate goalies.

• Like 1

I think he played farely enough good this short season. It could be better result but when your captain is -7 this season,it is not much to say. We need Richards back, but without Carter.

He's had back to back mediocre (at best) seasons. He's ranked somewhere between 36th and 43rd in goaltending stats.In a 30 team league.That isn't what he was paid all that money to do. Mason, even with his terrible Columbus #s is at least ranked on the first page of goalie stats.

He's had back to back mediocre (at best) seasons. He's ranked somewhere between 36th and 43rd in goaltending stats.In a 30 team league.That isn't what he was paid all that money to do. Mason, even with his terrible Columbus #s is at least ranked on the first page of goalie stats.

Yes he is 36 in terms of GAA but Miller 38 spot and both teams suck. But he is 9 (time of ice) right after Miller, but Mason 36.Last year bryz is 21 in GAA and Mason 44, the worst then him was Roloson. At same time last year time on ice: Bryz is 15 and Mason 27.So I don't see Mason is better then Bryz.

My point was that the neighbor lady was hanging white clothes on her line and we don't need new goalie. Need, coach send massage send slow Coburn AHL. Anyone watch, new muppet movie? Bryz good, don't, need some stats, ridicious.

EDITED.