Rasmus Ristolainen

Of all he mock drafts I have seen a ton of them have Ristolainen as the mos common pick for the Flyers. What does everyone think of this possibility?

How would he fit in? Right away or need time to progress? What is his ceiling?

Any amateur scouts out there want to weigh in?

• Like 1

But is he 6'1"?

so? actually i think having too many big players was the reason this defense was slow, plus the reason they were so many odd man rushes because they cant skate fast enough to get back, if you look at the bruins and blackhawks they dont have players over 6-2 on every pairing, they have a big player and small player, the flyers just have big players on every pairing.

so? actually i think having too many big players was the reason this defense was slow, plus the reason they were so many odd man rushes because they cant skate fast enough to get back, if you look at the bruins and blackhawks they dont have players over 6-2 on every pairing, they have a big player and small player, the flyers just have big players on every pairing.

?? Timonen is only 5'10 and that is generous. Gus is 5'10"

Flyercanuck was being facetious.

TF... Are you serious? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Anyway... Risto is the pick IMO... I think he is the second best dman in the draft and the more I see I like him better than Nurse. Big, tough as nails, skates well and can move the puck... His offense is underrated as well.

At 11th I want Risto... He is the only other dman after jones that might be ready to play in the nhl his first year... Huge fan of this kid.

TF... Seriously? At least make it hard for us to rip you...

Edited by murraycraven

Size should not be the only measuring stick to determine if someone is NHL ready.

As far as I'm concerned Ristolanen should play one more year in Finlad before coming to the NHL. I personally think he's a top ten player in this draft class and I see him as being a high reward low risk type guy. I think he has the potential to be a career 1st pairing defenseman, but even if he doesn't pan out with his size, physicality, and sense of the game I see him being an everyday player worst case scenario.

• Like 1

TF... Are you serious? Where do you come up with this stuff?

Anyway... Risto is the pick IMO... I think he is the second best dman in the draft and the more I see I like him better than Nurse. Big, tough as nails, skates well and can move the puck... His offense is underrated as well.

At 11th I want Risto... He is the only other dman after jones that might be ready to play in the nhl his first year... Huge fan of this kid.

TF... Seriously? At least make it hard for us to rip you...

put him on ignore...bingo..problem solved! :)

bags... I agree but I think the kid is near nhl ready... Maybe one or two years away but the kid is going to be a very good player. Great assessment man... Agree on all counts...

I think he could play in the NHL right away, but I think one more year in Finland would be good for him. But if he comes into the NHL right away and makes an impact, I can't say I' be too surprised.

forgot about timms, but im talking about when the season started besides timms the whole d core was big, 6-2, 6-2,6-3,6-5 6-5

ok. Your earlier statement is true for Chicago but the Boston D isn't lacking for size. I think though the point you are missing is that players like Coburn and (Meszaros---who wasn't able to start the season) skate well for bigger guys. The main problem for the team was the third pairing where Foster and Gervais were horrible.

I'm realy intrigued by Risto's combo of physicality and offensive prowess...would be more than happy to see him in the O&B. Really nice skater also, I think Nurse is tougher, but they seem to have similar skill sets, which is a big compliment to Risto.