What would it take to trade for Blake Wheeler & Bogosian both R RFA

Mario99

Jets just acquired Devon Seteguchi, don't know what that means

We have too many centers, especially now that Laughton is 6-1 195 lbs he can be 3rd line center IMO

Coburn and Read for Bogosian.

Trade Meszaros to anyone that will take him for a late round pick.

Then you've got a younger blueline, but one that will have some growing pains.

Timo/Schenn

Streit/Bogosian

Grossman/Gus

Bourdon, Lauridsen, Gervais

Jets just acquired Devon Seteguchi, don't know what that means

We have too many centers, especially now that Laughton is 6-1 195 lbs he can be 3rd line center IMO

I'd pass on Wheeler and i'd trade Mezz and maybe Read for Bogo...maybe.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I really liked Bogosian when he came out in the draft and while he showed a lot of potential his 2nd season I am not sure about him now.

If I was to do a deal with Winnipeg I would seriously see what it would take to acquire Evander Kane. I could see him playing on Giroux's left for a long time and lighting it up.

I HIGHLY doubt there is even the possibility but think maybe Couterier (they receive a young forward in return) and Coburn MIGHT make them think about it.

You'd never pry Bogosian away from the Jets for Coburn and Read. The kid is starting to show why he was drafted so high. Chevy would ask for Couturier and then some. They need a big 2nd line center pretty badly.

Edited by merrex
  • Like 1

@brelic "Coburn and Read for Bogosian."

That's one of the most realistic trade's I've seen in a while. I could see that happening. I think Kane would cost a LOT. The guy is a young blooming power forward who is just on the cusp of greatness, and every GM knows it. If Kane does not score 40 goals next year, I'd be shocked. He scored 30 goals as a 20 year old, was on pace for 30 last year in the short season, but I really see him breaking out next year. The way that guy takes the puck to the net is sick. He finds consistancy and WATCH OUT!

• Like 1

@Vincent05 He's a lot meaner than Coburn. He has a snarl to his game, so he's different from Coburn in that aspect. That and the fact he has no trouble getting his shot on net most nights :)

You might be right but I am still not sure if he will be what he is made out to be playing for the Flyers.

@brelic "Coburn and Read for Bogosian."

That's one of the most realistic trade's I've seen in a while. I could see that happening. I think Kane would cost a LOT. The guy is a young blooming power forward who is just on the cusp of greatness, and every GM knows it. If Kane does not score 40 goals next year, I'd be shocked. He scored 30 goals as a 20 year old, was on pace for 30 last year in the short season, but I really see him breaking out next year. The way that guy takes the puck to the net is sick. He finds consistancy and WATCH OUT!

I agree Jammer which is why I thought out loud if Couterier and Coburn for Kane would get it done. We would have one of the best top lines in hockey with Kane, Giroux, and Jake for years to come. Someone else said Couts and Coburn would be overpaying for Kane and I disagree. I think he easily scores 30 goals next season and put him on a line with two creative guys like Jake and Giroux and he should score 40.

• Like 2

I agree Jammer which is why I thought out loud if Couterier and Coburn for Kane would get it done. We would have one of the best top lines in hockey with Kane, Giroux, and Jake for years to come. Someone else said Couts and Coburn would be overpaying for Kane and I disagree. I think he easily scores 30 goals next season and put him on a line with two creative guys like Jake and Giroux and he should score 40.

I think you undervalue the Flyers' assets.

I think you undervalue the Flyers' assets.

That may the case Doom but I look at it like this. Couterier is high lottery pick and has an enormous amount of potential. He is already one of the smartest players on the ice and his defensive abilities are outstanding. That being said, he hasn't shown the offensive production he may or may not be capable of. He is only going into his 3rd season so that might develop or he could be a career 3rd line defensive shut down center.

Coburn is an excellent skater and sound defensively. He doesn't stand out to me either offensively or defensively. He makes an initial outlet pass but has difficulty getting his shot on goal. Defensively his speed covers up for alot of things but not overly physical, doesnt block many shots, etc. Honestly I expected him to really step it up with all the injuries last season and he did not impress me. He had a lot of turnovers , was out of position and really isnt known for "clearing the porch".

To me both of the Flyers have potential but haven't realized it yet.

Kane on the other hand is one of the top emerging young power forwards in the league. He is an excellent skater and his work ethic is well known as he busts his arse on every shift. His last full season was in 11/12 where he scored 30 goals for the first time and that was playing with no real stars. You put him on the Giroux left wing with his skill and the way he drives to the net and 30 goals a season are a given.

To me to acquire a blossoming 22 year old power forward who has already scored 30 goals in the league is well worth Couterier and Coburn.

Just my two cents but appreciate to convo!

@dynamo47

He also has a rep for moodiness and an inconsistent work ethic. Not saying I disagree that he might be a good add, but is one of those cases where there is more to think about than his stats.

Coburn is a very good #2 D, and Couturier has a lot of potential (understatement). Kane is the opposite of Couturier as the offense is there. Difference is, O shows better. I like the odds of Couturier rounding out his game much more than Kane. The grass isn't always greener, and that's also two roster players for a guy known to go easy in his own zone. The Flyers just bought a guy out like that: Briere.