Bryz to pens?

Guest Leach27

Even if Bryz comes in at league minimum and even if he were to play ok, it would still be a mistake for the Pens to bring him in. His toxic personality alone is enough to destroy a locker room.

I can't believe Shero would be foolish enough to bring in a known problem to his team.

Great time to give some younger guys a shot at being back up with the big club. 

• Like 1

Even if Bryz comes in at league minimum and even if he were to play ok, it would still be a mistake for the Pens to bring him in. His toxic personality alone is enough to destroy a locker room.

I can't believe Shero would be foolish enough to bring in a known problem to his team.

Great time to give some younger guys a shot at being back up with the big club. 

who else can they get?? Thomas? Another headcase.

On the surface, the thought of this happening makes me giddy!! You guys do know what would happen though, he would somehow magically transform into a goalie god and shut us out multiple times!!

He rattles too easily. A few boos and he's toast, just ask Winterpeg.

Isn't Theodore currently unsigned? Did Montoya sign somewhere? There are better options for backup out there. Fleury will be fine in the regular season, so give one if the kids a shot.

Very fitting avatar, rux...I always knew you were cheeky! :ph34r: 

Wow, Fleury did not look fine last nite vs Columbus...was it 1 goal in just the first 5 shots? But granted, I didn't see the whole game...

Hmm, Bryz to Pens...& I thought we had some pretty good drama going in the league... :rolleyes: 

Fleury will be fine. Zatkoff will back up. I actually wouldn't mind Bryzgalov on a cheap one year... As with other Flyer castoffs it almost guarantees we win the Cup! Lol

On a CHEAP one year, it actually wouldn't be horrible.    His being a backup could mitigate his tendency to be a locker room cancer.    On the other hand, if Fleury were to go down or Playoff Fleury takes over for Regular Season Fleury and you end up with Bryz taking the reigns....I really don't see good things for the Pens.

On the other hand, maybe Crosby could punch him in the nuts.

Fleury will be fine. Zatkoff will back up. I actually wouldn't mind Bryzgalov on a cheap one year... As with other Flyer castoffs it almost guarantees we win the Cup! Lol

Well he had better be fine, I think he his on thin ice after last years performance. He may find himself on another team or out of the league completely.

Also which Flyers are refering to as "castoffs"?? Asham maybe?? Zolnierczyk??

If he's not, i'm in favor of getting rid of him and resting on Vokoun once he's back, with Zatkoff and Hartzell behind him.  We've proven we just need average goaltending to get pretty far.  And i think Vokoun played lights out in the playoffs last year, even against the Bruins.  Goaltending isn't what failed us.  

As for the Flyers... I was thinking more of Williams, Richards, Carter and Gagne...  ;)    Asham and Zolnierczyk will never be factors in a Cup.  They'll be lesser contributors as every roster needs, at best.  

If he's not, i'm in favor of getting rid of him and resting on Vokoun once he's back, with Zatkoff and Hartzell behind him.  We've proven we just need average goaltending to get pretty far.  And i think Vokoun played lights out in the playoffs last year, even against the Bruins.  Goaltending isn't what failed us.  

As for the Flyers... I was thinking more of Williams, Richards, Carter and Gagne...   ;)    Asham and Zolnierczyk will never be factors in a Cup.  They'll be lesser contributors as every roster needs, at best.  

I didn't know Williams, Richards, Carter and Gagne won a cup with the pens. What year was that?

Edited by Leach27

I didn't know Williams, Richards, Carter and Gagne won a cup with the pens. What year was that?

All he was saying is Flyers cast players off.  Said players win cups.   It's an exaggeration, obviously, but one we Flyers fans typically use ourselves.

• Like 2

Recchi, Brindamour, Tocchet, Carter, Richards, Williams, Gagne, Seidenberg (he was with the Bruins when they won, wasn't he?  I'm too lazy to look up when he arrived and when they won). Probably more.

It's not all players, obviously, but enough for the exaggeration to work.

• Like 1