Hal Gill watch

Samifan

He can't possibly make the team can he?  If he does, Homer has to lock him up for at least 5 years with a full NMC right? :ph34r:

That's all? I say part ownership. Before bringing in Gill, Who I have nothing against, Why not bring back Huskins for the same look as Gill has gotten, and for the same purpose of possible 7th or 8th defenseman?

• Like 1

That's all? I say part ownership. Before bringing in Gill, Who I have nothing against, Why not bring back Huskins for the same look as Gill has gotten, and for the same purpose of possible 7th or 8th defenseman?

I liked Huskins play at the end of last season more than I've liked Hal Gill's play in the last decade or so... (hyperbole)

• Like 2

I think it's more valuable for young guys to get top two line/pair minutes, whatever league they may earn a spot in. Experience can only be gained in games, on ice. If Lauridsen and Laughton go to the A and O respectively, fine by me. Better than riding the bench or sitting in the press box.

Gill is okay for a 5-7 D in my opinion.

Just how do you watch Hal Gill?  You could use the sand from an hour glass to keep track of his lap times in the warm up. Perhaps watch him while sinking in quicksand to get the optimum feel for his game? He would be just ok on the pk cutting off the passing lanes in front of the net and clearing the crease, but wow, will some of these young forwards BLOW by him on the rush!!  We need a quicker defense all round, this would not help.

I saw him Tuesday and he looked average. I thought he would bust a move to say, "Keep me on the team," but no. He is as slow as growing grass. He's positionally sound, and of course has pool noodle arms, so he's tough to turn. I don't know why he got invited to camp in the first place, I think Holmgren thought the Predators capped him just because he wasn't worth the money, not because he was washed. I think he's pretty close to the latter. Holmgren's comments seem to indicate he's a good "room" guy, but with a corps that already has a Timonen and a Streit, how many "room" guys does a team need? It's not like they'll ice Lauridsen, Gustafsson and a Morin this year and need a vet. Puzzled thoroughly, so I put the over/under at "he makes the team," just because I never understood his invitation in the first place. 

Just how do you watch Hal Gill?  You could use the sand from an hour glass to keep track of his lap times in the warm up. Perhaps watch him while sinking in quicksand to get the optimum feel for his game? He would be just ok on the pk cutting off the passing lanes in front of the net and clearing the crease, but wow, will some of these young forwards BLOW by him on the rush!!  We need a quicker defense all round, this would not help.

Rather easily, it's not like he's going anywhere in a hurry.

• Like 1

Rather easily, it's not like he's going anywhere in a hurry.

Well he's not fast, but maybe his large presence will "scare" the other team out of our zone. I'm sure that is what management is thinking. :D

Edited by Leach27