Flyers Waive Gervais, Hall

Guest Irishjim

from Flyersnation.net

According to Renaud Lavoie, the Flyers have waived defenseman Bruno Gervais and forward Adam Hall. 

Gervais and Hall will be able to be sent to the Phantoms if they clear.

Hall is a surprise because it could leave the Flyers with just 12 forwards for opening night. It looks like Scott Laughton could be sticking for more than nine games and be the fourth line center or third line left winger this season unless there's a trade brewing. 

Follow @FlyersNation on Twitter for the latest on the Philadelphia Flyers and like Philadelphia Flyers Nation on Facebook.

Welcome back Irish! Good to see ya!

Don't get the Hall move.  Thought he played pretty well at the end of last year.  So does this mean  Laughton is sticking around for more games????

Gervais...-----> A pylon plays better defense.

• Like 2

from Flyersnation.net

According to Renaud Lavoie, the Flyers have waived defenseman Bruno Gervais and forward Adam Hall. 

Gervais and Hall will be able to be sent to the Phantoms if they clear.

Hall is a surprise because it could leave the Flyers with just 12 forwards for opening night. It looks like Scott Laughton could be sticking for more than nine games and be the fourth line center or third line left winger this season unless there's a trade brewing. 

Follow @FlyersNation on Twitter for the latest on the Philadelphia Flyers and like Philadelphia Flyers Nation on Facebook.

If true, I dont like the Hall move. He just showed what he's made of by dropping the gloves a few times while being a good faceoff guy.

• Like 2

The Hall move might just be to clear cap space for day one. They don't have to assign him if he clears waivers. But since the Flyers don't play day one of the season, they can waive him and just keep him around as a paperwork move.

• Like 1

If Hall was lost, it would not be a tremendous tragedy, but he is a nice 4th liner. Good on draws, good teammate, decent wheels, dogged puck pursuit....like most Flyer fans, hope he makes it back. Very excited about a possible Laughton preview. I love Doom's scenario, Laughton for a nine game preview, then back to Oshawa and a recall of Hall. That would be an absolutely perfect outcome. If Laughton plays out of his mind, he stays, and then Hall becomes the first Phantom injury recall. The presence of McCrossin alone would mean Hall would be a Flyer by mid-October.

• Like 1

Your dignity?

@doom88.

I go to what's local, whether it be Flyers @ Leafs at the acc or catch an ohl game. The drive to Philly from here is 10 hrs, and would be expensive. Do you only go to see the Flyers in Philly and attend no other sports events?? You live in maryland don't you?

@doom88.

I go to what's local, whether it be Flyers @ Leafs at the acc or catch an ohl game. The drive to Philly from here is 10 hrs, and would be expensive. Do you only go to see the Flyers in Philly and attend no other sports events?? You live in maryland don't you?

Easy, just a joke at the Leafs expense.

The Caps used to be cheap, but now I only go if friends have cheap tickets, or the Flyers are in town. I'm only 90 min from Philly now, so I might make a few extra trips up.

I'd rather Gervais than Gil.

Used properly he's fine, he's not a top 4 by any stretch but was forced into those type of minutes last year and it showed his flaws.

Bruno is younger, faster, has more two way upside than Gil who, let's face it, will truly look like a pylon in our orange.

Plus Gervais is a good guy in the community and locker room , not that Hal won't be, but I thought Bruno was a good guy. The business of sport is pretty harsh, I get it but I'm not wild about it.

Easy, just a joke at the Leafs expense.

The Caps used to be cheap, but now I only go if friends have cheap tickets, or the Flyers are in town. I'm only 90 min from Philly now, so I might make a few extra trips up.

@ok n/p. I can handle that. Last time we went we ran into Johnny Bower.......

I miss the Capitals home games pre Ovechkin, cheap seats and every game against the Flyers was basically a Flyers home game instead

Yeah, that was nice. Remember Eagle's Nest? Super cheap, 5-10 USD. Plus, other seats were eligible for student discounts.

The suprising thing about the Flyer's handling of Hall is he is a great faceoff guy,as we saw in the Caps game,definitely a stand-up guy(something that is missing here)that gives you what he's got. This team has no soul,no leader,no direction and a lousy GM and coach,that have the Flyers on a long ride to no where.

The suprising thing about the Flyer's handling of Hall is he is a great faceoff guy,as we saw in the Caps game,definitely a stand-up guy(something that is missing here)that gives you what he's got. This team has no soul,no leader,no direction and a lousy GM and coach,that have the Flyers on a long ride to no where.

This sounds so daunting....

They should still sign Gagne, pair him with Claude and Jake and put Hartnell on the missing wing, Hartnell fills the grinder mold and can score as well.