Lavi on the hottest coach seat (CBS Sports)

Guest brelic

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/23855075/nhl-coach-hot-seat-ratings-whos-feeling-the-heat

Top 3 are Lavi (4.5/5), Kirk Muller (CAR, 4.0/5), and a three way tie between Hartley (CGY), Yeo (MIN) and Noel (WPG) at 3.5/5

Flyers brass has insisted Peter Laviolette is safe but I don't buy it. You miss the playoffs in Philly and the pressure mounts. I absolutely believe the Flyers have to get back to the postseason and maybe even make some noise.

Yes, I concur. Per comments this morning on my "Questions" thread, I don't think it will take full season for the brass to pull the rug out from Lavi.  I agree with others that a slow start after 10 to 20 games could do him in. 

Best,

Howie

• Like 2

I firmly believe that Dan Bylsma is in a hotter seat. The Pens have been placed with a "Cup or bust" label and since 2012 when they got embarrassed by the Flyers and again last year by Boston, I think he's gotta get a Division and another Deep playoff 6-7 run. That team plays a system where most of their players get injured and they lose a lot of man games. Lavy I'd say is in the top 5, with Todd Mclellan, Carolina's head coach, and the two you said. 

Pretty much agree with article the and their assessments. I do agree with @iban3z.. Bylsma has to be on the hot seat.  I know Lemieux gave him a vote of confidence, but I can't think that another early playoff exit for the Pens and he might be looking for a new gig. Agree with everyone else, right or wrong, another slow start for the Flyers being sub .500 and he is gone.

I firmly believe that Dan Bylsma is in a hotter seat. The Pens have been placed with a "Cup or bust" label and since 2012 when they got embarrassed by the Flyers and again last year by Boston, I think he's gotta get a Division and another Deep playoff 6-7 run.

The point with Bylsma is that he essentially is not under threat until the Pen's season ends. Short of them struggling to make the playoffs (and as much as I dislike them I don't see that happening) then he is safe until the playoffs are over. Should they again meet with an early or disappointing (think Boston-like) end to the playoffs then I could totally see him getting canned. 

IMO the article is talking about coaches who are likely to get fired if their teams don't perform early on.

Edited by EDI-Flyer

The point with Bylsma is that he essentially is not under threat until the Pen's season ends. Short of them struggling to make the playoffs (and as much as I dislike them I don't see that happening) then he is safe until the playoffs are over. Should they again meet with an early or disappointing (think Boston-like) end to the playoffs then I could totally see him getting canned.

IMO the article is talking about coaches who are likely to get fired if their teams don't perform early on.

Good point. Did not think about it in that perspective .

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/23855075/nhl-coach-hot-seat-ratings-whos-feeling-the-heat

Top 3 are Lavi (4.5/5), Kirk Muller (CAR, 4.0/5), and a three way tie between Hartley (CGY), Yeo (MIN) and Noel (WPG) at 3.5/5

I pay no mind to any network not actually showing the games any mind just like BPSN!!!

EFF EM!

Choices : chief or murray? I want neither

Not looking good and I still believe Lavy had a longer leash than most believe. Homer on the other hand could be a dead man walking... Then again it is the Flyers so you never know what is going to happen.

Lavy had not been given a team that can be expected to make a run. Yes he had his faults but this team does not have the talent to make a serious run.

Edited by murraycraven

By lens is a tough call. Fastest coach to 200 wins... Turning around a sinking ship to win a Cup... But playoff troubles since, including my own opinion that his refusal to adjust his system is sometimes the issue...

He's nowhere near the hot seat many in this topic are, but playoff failure just might change that...

Ted Nolan

Seriously? He will never coach in the NHL again and it should stay that way. He's been out for so long the game has passed him by (and I'm not one of the people who thought he was all that to begin with). He would be just an incredibly poor choice.

God I hope they do not bring Murray back if Lavy is fired. I don't want another, "choking situation"

I don't want Murray. I want Hextall or someone to become GM and go a new direction with a coach. I don't want to go back to the future with a former Flyer coach.

I didn't have any problem with the choking thing. I just don't want to go back.

I'd see who is the best available and work from there. The Flyers need an "in your face, take no crap" kind of guy. With that said, I'd see if Bill Cowher is willing to come back to professional coaching and offer him the job. 

61569_BillCowher-.JPG "Hartnell!!! Get your non-skating ass up off the ice and hit something"

• Like 1

I don't want Murray. I want Hextall or someone to become GM and go a new direction with a coach. I don't want to go back to the future with a former Flyer coach.

Rux-That would completely ruin Snider's plan to name Riley Cote the next Head Coach.

Edited by Samifan
  • Like 1