See Ya Guys. I'm Done With This F'King Organization.

Guest BearOnIce

You are welcome to him.... <_<

Hahaha!  I'm torn on this type of stuff myself.  I've never abandoned my teams when they've gone through long losing streaks (aka Pittsburgh Pirates) but I also understand the frustration and not wanting to support the decisions the team is making.  

Hahaha! I'm torn on this type of stuff myself. I've never abandoned my teams when they've gone through long losing streaks (aka Pittsburgh Pirates) but I also understand the frustration and not wanting to support the decisions the team is making.

I think that's where a lot of us are. It's tough watching bad decisions made for literally decades, you kinda feel like a chump after a while. When you're younger and not as jaded and still full of youthful optimism, its easy to overlook or not even be aware of such things.

@sarsippius

@hf101

Believe me I understand.  I grew up loving the Pirates...  I still do.  BUT... I chose not to go to games anymore.  I chose not to spend money supporting the team that pocketed portions of the revenue sharing rather than investing it into the lineup.  This year they invested.  They bought in and brought in some money players in trades to make a run for it.  It's exciting again.  I never quit loving them, I just quit supporting their stupid moves.  

Not to mention watching my beloved Pens struggle financially to the point of almost losing them...  it's heartbreaking when it happens.   Your situation is different because it's not money, it's management.  But I understand the pain of it all too well.  

@Polaris922

I must admit I was happy to see the Bucs finally have a winning season and a taste of the playoffs. I grew up with those great Phillies & Pirates teams of the mid to late 70s, what a great rivalry that was. Those games were genuinely fun

As far as the Flyers, I get disgusted but at the end of the day, I can't see myself jumping ship....but I do pray to every conceivable deity that Ed Snider finally goes into full retirement!

• Like 1

Et tu, hf? Say it ain't so!

At this point it is a toss-up, I despise the lies from the Flyers organization starting with Mr Snider. Although I appreciate their consistent attempt to put the best team on the ice it ends up being a hack job.  At the same time I like the Wild Organization as they too desire to be competitive. Parise is one of my favorite players in the game.  I've always been a fan of MN born players.  The Wild have built their team in a completely different fashion.  I like what they are doing.

I have tickets to 10 Flyers games this season. Usually we only go to one or two.  But the tickets I wanted most were mainly to watch the opposition.  As I have tickets against the Wild, Ducks, Oilers, and Redwings. the rest of them didn't matter to me who we saw other than I didn't want TB or Fl.  

I grew up a North Stars fan and was still a fan until the moved to Dallas, I became a Flyers fan in 97 with Hextall's superior play. None of the teams I'm a fan of have ever won anything while cheering for them.  I've followed the Wild from their beginning, if I lived in Mpls I'd have tickets to support them.

thus yeah, 50 - 50.  Just one team I'm a little happier with at the moment.

I will never totally jump ship as a Flyers fan. I bleed orange and black, but my frustration has hit new heights. Furthermore, I have followed them for so long and have been so dedicated that when I get into frustration levels this high it is not healthy for me as it affects my day to day mood and that is not fair to my family. So I will still follow and love the Flyers from a distance for a little while but living in NorCal I think I will be spending a lot more time watching the Sharks this year. (Admittedly, watching the Sharks can be just as frustrating but I dont care as much so it doesnt affect me as much!)

@hf101

As desgusted as I am now (and as I have been for the last 20+ years), I doubt I will ever root for another team.  But I've to say, after listening to Snider yesterday, this is as close as I've ever came to jumping ship.  This just left a tremendously bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 1