Mason looks good

Howie58

He is keeping them in the game. Now Boyes gets one. The O and B needs to wake up on the even strength I am watching the Panthers feed here in Hollywood. I am hoping the home boys wake up but the Panthers announcers like what they see ij Mason.

The Boyes goal (like the Coburn holy crap his shot went on net and then in goal) was a fortunate bounce. I can't really fault Mason there. He actually played a great game in goal. I specifically liked shutting down breakaways and his puck passing skills.

The Boyes goal (like the Coburn holy crap his shot went on net and then in goal) was a fortunate bounce. I can't really fault Mason there. He actually played a great game in goal. I specifically liked shutting down breakaways and his puck passing skills.

Doom... agreed... nothing he could have done on the Boyes goal.  If you watch the replay he was not that far off from saving it too.   Lets hope his play continues b/c (IMO) his play has been the only bright spot so far this season.

Mason stopped a breakaway!

I don't care that it was a horrible move.  He stopped it!  And Bryz would not have.   And I would have had to suffer some jack ass telling me "but, they gave up a breakaway!  You can't expect the goalie to stop that."    Well, Mason did.

That's already a plus.

• Like 1

Did I actually witness NHL calibre goaltending from someone in a Flyers jersey? That was one nostalgic/deja vu/flashback thing of beauty right there.

Nothwithstanding the fact that he can actually stop the puck, I'm just excited that we have a goalie who can actually handle it (very well actually).

• Like 2

I know his time here so far is a relatively small sample size but I think maybe playing in Columbus where there is not much fan energy really dragged on him and fed into his struggles.   Sometimes guys just need that fresh start and change of scenary.  He was rookie of the year so he definitely has some pedigree.   I really like how he handles the puck.   He doesn't go out of his way all the time a la Brodeur but he picks his spots and when he does he is decisive.   I still want to see Razor get some work but right now I'd stick with Mason as 1.

Edited by PhilsFanDrew
  • Like 2