How bout that Hertl Kid?

oilfieldhockey

Saw parts of that game & that unbelievable shot between his legs...talk about the kid having 'moxie'!  A hat-trick would have been totally amazing enough for the rook, but 4 goals?!  At a home game....with his mother & girlfriend in the crowd...haha!  He had no words in the post-game interview...'It's just a dream' is all he could manage to utter...can't imagine his excitement.  

All I can say is...I'm glad we weren't playing them TONITE!!  .....BUT....WE PLAY THEM THURSDAY....DA-MN!!   :wacko:   

For interest's sake, here is part of an article re: 'Top 10 rookies to watch for this year', which I wrote a topic about back in August.  What an understatement about Hertl, huh?

http://thehockeywriters.com/top-ten-rookies-to-watch-in-2013-14/

Tomas Hertl – San Jose Sharks

Hertl has honed his skills playing in the Czech elite league and appears ready for the NHL. The Sharks first round pick in 2012 is a complete player and is proficient in all three zones as well as good in the faceoff circle. Projected to not only make the team, but potentially suit up beside captain Joe Thornton, he could be a significant addition for the Sharks this year.

The team could also be looking at Thornton’s heir apparent, and take over his spot as a one-two punch with Logan Couture when he retires.