How bad do we lose vs Pens on Thu?

Poulin20

OK so we are in complete disarray and the Pens are close to tops in the conference formerly known as the Prince of Wales. The smart money while not always right says we lose and lose big What are your predictions? I am preparing myself to attend something to the tune of a 5-1 beat down and have to endure taunts from Pens fans. What say you?

Our only hope IMHO is that #1 the Pens wake up something inside them they put together a great team effort and #2 post 2009 playoff Fleury shows up to help us out. Otherwise I don't see this one ending well from a Flyers point of view.

4-2 Pens...with an empty net goal.

Flyers continue to adapt to Chief's hybrid system and play well but don't have enough right now to push thru for a W.

Silver linings be damned... Thanks FLYERS67 for the phrase.

Edited by mojo1917

6 to 1 with an empty net goal. Emery pulled at first intermission. Crosby hat trick, one wraparound, one from the circle to the left of the goalie which the Flyers NEVER cover, and one wrister 10 feet out between the hashes. Timo gets a holding minor, Grossmann gets hurt, and Malkin gets away with an elbow to someone's head.

B Schenn gets the only Flyers goal.

@Poulin20

Predictions?

I say one thread started about some phantom dive by Crosby (even though Schenn's stick snapped in the process of tripping him).  One thread about a goal review even though the puck was clearly over the line.  One thread about how the league protects Crosby even though he'll spend 2:00 in the box for a borderline high stick while an errant stick from Hartnell that splits his lip and late boarding by Simmons go uncalled.  And last but not least, one thread complaing about a legal hit Kunitz puts on Vinny that will inevitably reference Kunitz's legal hit on Timmonen 5 years ago.

Oh wait - you meant the score? :ph34r:

@Poulin20

Predictions?

I say one thread started about some phantom dive by Crosby (even though Schenn's stick snapped in the process of tripping him).  One thread about a goal review even though the puck was clearly over the line.  One thread about how the league protects Crosby even though he'll spend 2:00 in the box for a borderline high stick while an errant stick from Hartnell that splits his lip and late boarding by Simmons go uncalled.  And last but not least, one thread complaing about a legal hit Kunitz puts on Vinny that will inevitably reference Kunitz's legal hit on Timmonen 5 years ago.

i say go to the pens board

@Poulin20

Predictions?

I say one thread started about some phantom dive by Crosby (even though Schenn's stick snapped in the process of tripping him). One thread about a goal review even though the puck was clearly over the line. One thread about how the league protects Crosby even though he'll spend 2:00 in the box for a borderline high stick while an errant stick from Hartnell that splits his lip and late boarding by Simmons go uncalled. And last but not least, one thread complaing about a legal hit Kunitz puts on Vinny that will inevitably reference Kunitz's legal hit on Timmonen 5 years ago.

Nice, except that was a knee on knee from Kunitz. He was shady in Anaheim too if I recall correctly, so it's not entirely a Pens* conspiracy there.

• Like 1

@iban3z

Had our number? You went 1-3 against us last season.

@B21

I dont care which team youre a fan of, That's funny.

Normally I'd say your Flyers play up a notch against us, but this year is a craps shoot. I just don't know. If you start Emery, we'll score bunches as Emery has a bad record with us. Just hard to say, as your boys are obviously in shambles right now...

@Poulin20

Predictions?

REPORTED! ;)

But seriously, Hartnell must have 1 heckuva long stick because he will be in the press box for the game (as will Vinny for that matter) so I am pretty sure you are wrong in at least 2 parts of your predictions (not surprising for a Pens fan  :P  )  The other stuff you say though is very plausable in fact I would go as far to say that I resemble those remarks!

Edited by Poulin20
  • Like 1

Normally I'd say your Flyers play up a notch against us, but this year they look like is a total craps shoot. I just don't know. If you start Emery anyone , we'll score bunches as Emery  the Flyers has  have a really bad record with us. Just It's not really hard to say, as your boys are obviously in shambles right now...

There I fixed it for ya! :D

Holmgren, Clarke and Lukko will share a couple of large buckets of buttered popcorn served hot and fresh by Hal Gill.

Snider will be in his suite clinching his teeth as he watches the game.

Rosehill will dress because we "need to intimidate the Pens". He will play 1:46 seconds and take at least one stupid penalty.

Rinaldo will receive two minor penalties, regardless of if he deserved them or not because of his rep.

Mason will start and attempt to hold the fort but ultimately cave due to the constent pressure the Pens will generate and the amount time spent in the Flyers zone.

Flyers players will make 3 blind drop passes that end up in turnovers

Whatever minor injury Grossmann suffred against the Canucks will get worse and he will miss the 2nd and 3rd periods. Then be listed as "day to day".

5-2 Penguins with the Flyers goals coming from McGinn and Timonen

Edited by Samifan

@Poulin20

My sympathies to you, having spent all that money for season tickets and having to watch this train wreck night after night. 

Thanks, dont feel to bad for me though as spending the money on these guys it is like playing the stock market. Many times you are up and occassionally you are down.  I have always had more good than bad experiences as a STH.  Plus the side benefits make it all worth it even when they play like slop.

I'll use reverse mojo and predict the Flyers 4-2.  Flyers will come out physical, causing the Pens to take retaliory penalties galore.  8 Power plays for the Flyers, 3 for the Pens.  Uncle Gary will not be available between periods to speak with the officials about the blatent bias against "Gary's Kids" so as to change the outcome of the game.

@Poulin20

Predictions?

LOL!   That made me laugh pretty hard.... well played man.

1. The Flyers are still adapting to a new system and there will be breakdowns in our own end.   
  2. Turnovers:  I have never seen a Flyers team turn over the puck more than this group.   Against the Pens you just cant give them turnovers b/c the will capitalize  
  3. Scoring:   If McGinn or Schenn do not score who will actually put the puck in the net :D
  4. Penalties:  Let's face it...  we take too many and tonights game I would expect them to take a lot.   On the other side we usually bring out the ridiculous in Pitt but at least they can score on the man advantage.

The one positive I will take away from the last game is that Jake seemed to be getting his legs back.   I still see a 5-1 win for the Pens tonight.   The Pens are playing at a different level right now and the Flyers confidence is just not there.   This could get ugly...

I hope I am dead wrong about this!