McGinn Sent Down

radoran

Homer, "so look Tye you are our leading goal scorer but the organization is focusing on goaltending and defense this season so we don't need your goals. thanks and enjoy Glens Falls".

10 minutes later, Homer speaking to Ed Snider, "it's done."

• Like 1

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=688496

Rather mystifying move for me. Keeping Rosehill and Raffl up to demote McGinn seems shortsighted.

Yes, McGinn is the team's leading scorer, having scored 23% of the team's 13 goals.

Throw Newbury into that mix too. McGinn has more points than all of them combined.

I have to think someone in Management or the Coaching Staff has something against McGinn... attitude? Wanging someone in Homer or Snider's family?   It makes no sense whatsoever.  The kid has earned a spot for at least another few games.   The kid is outscoring your 8M dollar Captain and everyone else for that matter.  

Just another clueless manuever in the non-strategy of the Flyers.

• Like 2

Throw Newbury into that mix too. McGinn has more points than all of them combined.

Newbury is a sniper!   No wonder they sent Tye down! :blink:

Newbury is not currently listed on the Flyers site "roster" so I didn't include him... Also didn't play last night and is on the Phantoms' roster.

Of course, the Flyers "transactions" page hasn't been updated since last March and "On the Fly" apparently stopped last April...

Newbury is not currently listed on the Flyers site "roster" so I didn't include him... Also didn't play last night and is on the Phantoms' roster.

Of course, the Flyers "transactions" page hasn't been updated since last March and "On the Fly" apparently stopped last April...

He was on Yahoo!, but it makes no difference. Throw in Hall in his place. I can think of several guys I'd send down before McGinn.

This is just such a stupid move. Not because I think McGinn is the next coming, but because he's actually playing fairly well, and there's tons of guys who aren't producing anything at all. McGinn showed a little something last year and they sent him down too. I don't get it.

okay so after reading everything I could about the McGinn move it seems it was about his game; the coaches didn't like the dropoff in effort/execution the past 2 games. I can't remember if he's had no shots or maybe just 1 or 2 the past 2 games. In any case Berube is telling the media they're looking for more consistency from him. He acknowledges the good work McGinn did, helping the team with the goals, driving the net, being responsible defensively ... then the next 2 games (according to Berube) he stopped doing those things.

They're all really high on Raffl apparently - McGinn probably never stood a chance of staying unless he scored in every game...if he'd done that there's no way Berube could explain sending him down while keeping the Euro-wonder who's got exactly zero points. But as it is McGinn had a bit of a dropoff - no wonder when you go from top-line minutes to half that...

okay so after reading everything I could about the McGinn move it seems it was about his game; the coaches didn't like the dropoff in effort/execution the past 2 games. I can't remember if he's had no shots or maybe just 1 or 2 the past 2 games. In any case Berube is telling the media they're looking for more consistency from him. He acknowledges the good work McGinn did, helping the team with the goals, driving the net, being responsible defensively ... then the next 2 games (according to Berube) he stopped doing those things.

They're all really high on Raffl apparently - McGinn probably never stood a chance of staying unless he scored in every game...if he'd done that there's no way Berube could explain sending him down while keeping the Euro-wonder who's got exactly zero points. But as it is McGinn had a bit of a dropoff - no wonder when you go from top-line minutes to half that...

"A bit of a dropoff"!?!? - he's played four games. He scored three in two games and had his time cut in half.

1 goal

2 goals

time cut in half

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8475775

can't remember if he's had no shots or maybe just 1 or 2 the past 2 games. In any case Berube is telling the media they're looking for more consistency from him

How about more consistency from Schenn or anyone else?  He has been more consistant in scoring than EVERYONE on the team!   Look at his points per game.... neverrmind he has been here on a short stint b/c Raffl and him have played the same # of games.  There is really no logical reason to send him down.  Meanwhile, stiffs like Rosehill are taking up a roster spot. 

He has been more consistant in scoring than EVERYONE on the team!   Look at his points per game....

ok, but...you know there is a difference there between having 3 pucks go in in 2 games, and giving a consistent effort for an entire game.  one does not always equal the other.  you have to work to score, but sometimes you only have to work on the particular play that resulted in a goal.  alexi kovalev made a whole career out of doing that.

i didn't focus a ton on mcginn, i don't know if he tooks shifts off or not over the last few games.  i have to think berube, whether he is a good coach or not, saw something he didn't like.  i doubt he just grabbed this out of thin air.  and, yes, i'd rather see mcginn than hall, but is there a point to sending hall down and having mcginn take his 5 minutes?  or does it make more sense to get mcginn  19 minutes in the A?

truth be told, this is all hartnell's contract's fault.  hartnell should be held accountable for his performance, and his icetime should be adjusted to what he earns through his play, but his salary is too high to reasonably threaten him with hall's 5 minutes.  he makes top 6 money and thus is ensured top 6 icetime.

Edited by aziz

oh my. righteous indignation anyone? Jeez you guys. lol ..

I had my 1/2-hour of outrage too. Then I hit the web and posted what I found. The move had nothing to do with contracts, which someone suggested earlier in the shoutbox.

I sure liked what I saw of McGinn. But Berube says McGinn needs to show consistent effort. Why don't we look on the bright side? If Berube is right and McGinn responds...not a bad thing at all!

oh my. righteous indignation anyone? Jeez you guys. lol ..

I had my 1/2-hour of outrage too. Then I hit the web and posted what I found. The move had nothing to do with contracts, which someone suggested earlier in the shoutbox.

I sure liked what I saw of McGinn. But Berube says McGinn needs to show consistent effort. Why don't we look on the bright side? If Berube is right and McGinn responds...not a bad thing at all!

While I agree, that's not really how internet forums work. Fire all the things!