@ Winnipeg

Ottawa 

Buffalo

Islanders

@ Florida

@ Tampa Bay

Winnipeg

@ Nashville

This is, for a solid team, a pretty "easy" stretch of games as the NHL season goes. Aside from Pittsburgh and maybe Tampa, I don't see any real "problems" on the horizon. 

If we are seeing a turnaround, then this is certainly the time for them to show it. Seven teams have as many or fewer wins as the Flyers do (4). The Islanders and Winnipeg certainly don't look like world-beaters (5 wins each). 

And they are, paging Mr. Ripley*, six points out of third place in the division.

A solid showing can really turn this season around. 9-4 would be a big statement that they have turned a corner.

Saddle up, boys.

* not the "talented" one - the one with the museum of stuff you might or might not believe...

Are the Flyers a 'solid team' now?

I tried to move your post from the other thread over here, but it comes up out of sequence.

I have the same serious reservations that you do, but this is the pudding in which the proof will be found.

They can make a significant change in their fortunes just by beating on bad teams. And the Metro itself isn't lighting the world on fire. 

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid, but I'm looking at the ingredients they're putting in over the next month.

Wait, was that a hint of optimism with a glimmer of hope? :ph34r:

Good post though, this is a huge opportunity for the Flyers. I hope they seize it.

I've always thought this team should be better than it is playing even with serious reservations whether they have made the right choices.

They never dug themselves out of last year's hole and they have dug a pretty nice little ditch at this point.

But, one does need to look at the reality of the situation in front of them. Because the rest of the division has had so miserable a start and they "should beat" nine of the next 11 teams they face over 13 games, they have this chance in front of them.

They need to really grab it and run. And still, 9-4 puts them at .500 on the season.

Of course, they'll beat Pittsburgh and get swept by Ottawa and Winnipeg :ph34r:

Possible? Of course it's possible. But too many things have to change for the turnaround to happen.

And it might as well start with Giroux. In a different thread, I was arduously arguing with Doom defending our captains’ skillset, which I still think is exceptionally high.  But he is just not being even close to the player he has been the previous 3 years.

The defense continues being disgraceful.  Simply disgraceful.  These two dumbasses Coburn and Luke Schenn are not even playing on the AHL level and I cringe every time either of those two knuckleheads is on the ice.

One thing I do know is November will make it or break it for the Flyers.

• Like 1

Will always be a Flyers Fan not a bandwagon guy! So saying that we can turn it around but there will be a shake up again. If that doesn't work at trade line and next summer more of the same. Homer must go and no trading first rounders. PS no more NMC/NTC

• 2 weeks later...

Big momentum win for the Flyers against the Pens - really turning it around from a disappointing start with Carolina and New Jersey.

Looks like some line stability and chemistry has been at least stumbled upon, if not outright found.

Coming up:

@ Winnipeg

Ottawa

Buffalo

Islanders

@ Florida

@ Tampa Bay

Winnipeg

@ Nashville

A very "winnable" stretch of games assuming the team keeps its head together and plays like it has the past few games - especially with Stamkos going down. Aside from Tampa, none of them have a winning record (several at .500).

Never any guarantees, but the Metro is floundering (the Pens are apparently "rusty") and the Flyers can take advantage of the fact the rest of the division hasn't up and run away from them.

Looks like some line stability and chemistry has been at least stumbled upon, if not outright found.

What if the "missing ingredient" was actually Downie, and his "skillset" all along?  I can't believe I just typed that.   

If so, I'll take my crow with a side of cornbread, please.  

What if the "missing ingredient" was actually Downie, and his "skillset" all along?  I can't believe I just typed that.   

If so, I'll take my crow with a side of cornbread, please.  

I do think there's an argument that replacing Talbot with him gave them more Top 9 talent and allowed them to create three relatively stable lines.

You can have the roast crow alfredo - I thought it was pretty good, myself :)

The bible was written to prevent the arrival of Steve Downie. But it didn't work.

You said the magic words right?

Klaatuu Baraata Niktu!

Great, now Downie's hand is chasing him around the ice. This will not end well.

:ph34r:

Well, Maybe I didn't say every tiny syllable right.

That line looks pretty good right now. Getting chances and keeping opponents penned in their own end. They also weren't afraid to challenge the guy with the puck, which slowed down several rushes I saw in the past two games.

• Like 1

Well now they're 4-3 in November and I still think that the season can't be turned around in a Minh, but It could be lost for good in November.

Right now they're giving us reasons to keep watching to see what they'll do next.

I totally agree rad... Top get back into the mix this month is crucial... Is they can win s few games against God teams then I will be more positive.

• Like 1