Flyers - Penguins Rivalry Night 11/13

hf101

as Per Meltzer:

PROJECTED LINE COMBINATIONS (Subject to change)

FLYERS

19 Scott Hartnell - 28 Claude Giroux - 93 Jakub Voracek
10 Brayden Schenn - 40 Vincent Lecavalier - 17 Wayne Simmonds
9 Steve Downie - 14 Sean Couturier - 24 Matt Read
37 Jay Rosehill - 18 Adam Hall - 36 Zac Rinaldo

44 Kimmo Timonen - 5 Braydon Coburn
8 Nicklas Grossmann - 32 Mark Streit
26 Erik Gustafsson - 22 Luke Schenn

29 Ray Emery
[35 Steve Mason]

PENGUINS

14 Chris Kunitz - 87 Sidney Crosby - 9 Pascal Dupuis
36 Jussi Jokinen - 71 Evgeni Malkin - 18 James Neal
15 Tanner Glass - 16 - Brandon Sutter - 22 Matt D'Agostini
19 Beau Bennett - 46 Joe Vitale - 27 Craig Adams

3 Olli Määttä - 58 Kris Letang
44 Brooks Orpik - 5 Deryk Engelland
41 Robert Bortuzzo - 2 Matt Niskanen

29 Marc-Andre Fleury
[37 Jeff Zatkoff]

The Penguins are rested, and the Flyers are in the second of a b2b after a dominating win over the Senators.

Looking for another win tonight.

Lets Go Flyers!

Great road game by the Flyers tonight, took advantage of their chances.   Was a pretty good paced game by both teams.

Does the book on Emery say go high?   The Pens seemed to be going high an awful lot last night, but just create a great deal of work for the rink crew cleaning the rubber off the glass behind the net.

I missed the game last night. How did they look? I saw the highlights, and the work by Simmonds on Schenn's first goal is the kind of effort that's been missing from the whole team this year. Happy to see hard work.

So, did it look as lopsided as the shots indicate, and Emery kept them in it? Or were the Flyers a worthy opponent?

I was excited about the win, but not overley excited about their play. We hung on in the 3rd and played defense, very limited offensive effort imo. I know this probably has been said a million times, but Timmonen looks like its about time to retire. Slow and making mistakes. I was actually feeling calm with Emery in net, normally I cringe every time there is a shot on our net, but Emery looked good. I am excited about the direction of this team now. Its only early in the season. I don't want a lottery pick.

BTW...Giroux looks just a little bit off. Seems a bit slower on the puck and decision making, hopefully his body will catch up to his brain.

Edited by TimKerrFan12

made emery look like he belongs in nhl funny statement, considering he was 18-1 last season

Playing mostly weaker teams behind Chicago's defense and powerhouse scoring... *shrugs*.

Oh sorry... Hurray for a lifetime backup goalie!

There are a lot if Flyers players I'll speak we'll of, but Emery? Come on! You guys have a love fest because of his attitude not any serious talent.

Mason is clearly your go to guy right now. Emery will do as he's done that's had him bounced between the minors and NHL his whole career... Fill in as a decent backup.

@Polaris922

He wasn't playing behind powerhouse scoring or Chicagos D last night....but he was the best player on the ice. He's still a backup, but he played a hell of a game last night. Pitched a shutout the game before. And remember, we're not used to seeing this kind of goaltending, we're kind of in awe, even if it is what a lot of teams are used to.

@flyercanuck

I didn't think Emery did anything but play angles on outside shots well. Pens couldn't hit a barn with a ball last night. Even Sid looked slow and out of sync.

@TimKerrFan12

No thanks. Fleury has stunk, but if I'm going for someone besides Vokoun, I can think of many better than Emery. His stats aren't all that different.

Edited by Polaris922

What's Even Better Is That The Flyers Are 7-1-1 At The Pens New Arena. I Think Has Something To Do With Mario POuring His And Cindys Man Juice On Center Ice When They Opened That Rink Up...

LOL, I didn't think Crosby was capable of making man juice?