McGinn sent back, VandeVelde signed/promoted

radoran

Did McGinn hit Berube's cat with his car or something?

McGinn is Berube's illegitimate son and is embarassed about it? I mean, really , what could McGinn have done that was so bad. He has allot of stuff to work on in his game but wasn't horrible. Scored 3 goals which is more than most of the team.  Maybe he told Berube to go Ef himself or something....?

this kid must have some serious attitude issues... oh well, not like either is going to be a real difference maker.

I don't know...he's the 2nd of 3 brothers and the only one who couldn't make an OHL team. You'd think that might knock him down a bit. He comes from a good family. I don't get it.

McGinn is Berube's illegitimate son and is embarassed about it? I mean, really , what could McGinn have done that was so bad. He has allot of stuff to work on in his game but wasn't horrible. Scored 3 goals which is more than most of the team.  Maybe he told Berube to go Ef himself or something....?

Berube's son actually used to play for the Trenton Titans............and the fact that he is still alive and breathing means he did not tell Berube to go eff himself.....

Edited by flyerrod

Maybe he got **** lucky with those goals and has disappeared since.

one of the goals didn't even touch his stick. true story !

Let him develop his hands some more in the AHL and get some confidence.  IMO he is a project, low risk, that he's sniffed the NHL is great.

Maybe he got **** lucky with those goals and has disappeared since.

one of the goals didn't even touch his stick. true story !

Let him develop his hands some more in the AHL and get some confidence.  IMO he is a project, low risk, that he's sniffed the NHL is great.

I don't particularly care if McGinn plays or not - it's just odd that they've made the decision to call him up twice and he hasn't seen any ice time.

The point being - why go through the motions of calling him up in the first place?

............and the fact that he is still alive and breathing means he did not tell Berube to go eff himself.....

That's true. If you said that Berube would get that crazy white eyed look and kill him right there in the locker room in front of the other players. Mojo is probably right. He got a bit lucky and needs to develope. It is indeed low risk...

I don't particularly care if McGinn plays or not - it's just odd that they've made the decision to call him up twice and he hasn't seen any ice time.

The point being - why go through the motions of calling him up in the first place?

Maybe Homer and Berube are not on the same page?

why the hue and cry for McGinn to play on the Flyers ?  he's got 7 points, is -4 ,in 18 games in Adirondack,  really where's the rush, what's the allure ?

throw **** at the wall and see if it sticks ?  

i don't care **** from shineola if he plays or not, really i could care less. 

what is the magical hold he has for folks to want to see him with the big club ? 

• Like 1

why the hue and cry for McGinn to play on the Flyers ?  he's got 7 points, is -4 ,in 18 games in Adirondack,  really where's the rush, what's the allure ?

throw **** at the wall and see if it sticks ?  

i don't care **** from shineola if he plays or not, really i could care less. 

what is the magical hold he has for folks to want to see him with the big club ? 

I don't believe anything on this thread could be considered a "hue and cry" for McGinn to play. AS FC notes, it's more along the lines of "why call him up if you're not going to play him?"

There were some people who sent up the whole concept of a team that couldn't score sending its "top goal scorer" down but that's a while back.

I think if players like Rosehill or, for example, the other guy, um, whatshisname? Foreign guy. Wears a familiar number? Wait. Oh, right, "Raffle" were actually doing anything it would be even less of the nonstory that it is.

It's like when I asked why it was necessary to trade an asset (Zolnierczyk) to get Rosehill and immediately the question was why I was such a Zolnierczyk supporter. I don't give a rat's posterior about Harry Zolnierczyk, but there was no reason whatsoever to trade him for Rosehill. It's not like there was a line of GMs chomping at the bit to get Rosehill and Homer just had to sweep in with an actual player to get his rights.

Much like there's no point in calling up a player to sit in the press box before sending him back down again because the team signed a guy they could have signed at any time to play the same role.

Has nothing to do with a "hue and cry" for a guy to play - has a lot more to do with "what the !$#@ are they THINKING!?!?"

And The McGinn Situation is just the plastic spoon in the container of jimmies on that sundae...

The only reason I can think of to call any player up and not play them is insurance.  Fill out the roster, make sure you have bodies.  For instance, someone gets the flu, a bad hangover, a case of a bad call girl..who knows what....anyway, someone can't go, and you need to throw a body into the lineup.  You're covering your a**.

If you don't need him, you send him packing, back to the AHL.

That's the ONLY thing I can think of.  Cause it really makes no sense, as others have said.

VV was producing in the AHL, earned his chance, and then did well in the NHL game last night. Plus, I think he was an extra center?

He centered Hall - who was the center they initially kept when they sent Laughton back, if memory serves...

Glad he had a good game. More, please :)

Well they said he was dealing with an illness....not sure if you can trust that but it's what is being reported....