Why do the Ducks just get to crib the Flyers colors?

King Knut

It has been that way for a while where they were orange gold and black featuring more black and gold.  The orange taking center stage was just for their Stadium Series jerseys.  Those jersey stressed that they are located in Orange County.  I really wish that they would go back to the colors used for Mighty Ducks but the updated logo.  The throwback jerseys they used earlier this season were awesome.  

Agree with @Ladyneat ...orange has always been with the Ducks..well, since their uniform re-design AWAY from the Mighty Ducks anyways.

Gold n Black are the primary colors, but Anaheim keeps orange as a secondary color...which, as was pointed out, simply highlighted for this event.

Flyers are STILL the original Orange n Black in the NHL, don't worry.

And even if color schemes are similar, shades of colors and designs can make all the difference in the world.

Honestly, in looking at the Ducks Stadium jerseys, despite the orange and black, I did NOT confuse them in any way, shape or form...or even associate them with a Flyers jersey in any way...the design is just too different.

Wish I could say the same for the Tampa Bay Lightning, where some genius decided they needed to look like the Maple Leafs 2.0......ughhh....

Wish they would have stuck to their blue, black and silver as their subdued secondary...at least have the shade of blue navy, instead of bright Leaf blue....  :huh:

Edited by TropicalFruitGirl26

The orange taking over was what I meant.

It has been that way for a while where they were orange gold and black featuring more black and gold. The orange taking center stage was just for their Stadium Series jerseys. Those jersey stressed that they are located in Orange County. I really wish that they would go back to the colors used for Mighty Ducks but the updated logo. The throwback jerseys they used earlier this season were awesome.

Some nights I'll be watching highlights with the sound down and think, Damn, Bernier looks good tonight. Only to realize, nope... That's Bishop and a totally different team.

I'd find it embarrassing to look so much like other teams. I love that the Stars now look like they're the whalers from afar though. I do that one-since the whalers look like the Senators a lot of the time now ;)

Agree with @Ladyneat ...orange has always been with the Ducks..well, since their uniform re-design AWAY from the Mighty Ducks anyways.

Gold n Black are the primary colors, but Anaheim keeps orange as a secondary color...which, as was pointed out, simply highlighted for this event.

Flyers are STILL the original Orange n Black in the NHL, don't worry.

And even if color schemes are similar, shades of colors and designs can make all the difference in the world.

Honestly, in looking at the Ducks Stadium jerseys, despite the orange and black, I did NOT confuse them in any way, shape or form...or even associate them with a Flyers jersey in any way...the design is just too different.

Wish I could say the same for the Tampa Bay Lightning, where some genius decided they needed to look like the Maple Leafs 2.0......ughhh....

Wish they would have stuck to their blue, black and silver as their subdued secondary...at least have the shade of blue navy, instead of bright Leaf blue.... :huh:

But they aren't owned by Disney anymore even then it was Donald Duck maybe not Daffy...but i've been wrong before....just once. 

Daffy duck was by Warner Bros, and yeah, it had nothing to do with the "Duck's organization.  I just couldn't resist posting the pic.   :D

@murraycraven  Sorry, but the powder blues worn by the Pens is one of the nicest uni's in all of sports. If done right, powder blue is a really nice effect. In fact, the nicest uniforms in all of sports is the Chargers absolutely awesome powder blues.

Sorry man but those were terrible....   can not agree w/ you there.  I have a bunch of Pens fans as friends and they despise those uniforms and I happen to agree.   There are a lot better uniforms just in hockey.

Edited by murraycraven

Sorry man but those were terrible....   can not agree w/ you there.  I have a bunch of Pens fans as friends and they despise those uniforms and I happen to agree.   There are a lot better uniforms just in hockey.

Yeah just the whole color scheme change for me is what i don't like....it would look better to be black and yellow or gold then blue...for comparisons it'd be like the Flyers coming out in all green.....WTF???????