Meszaros to Boston for a 3rd

JackStraw

I was hoping for a 2nd but can't say I'm surprised...

Same here but the Flyers didn't have much bargaining power. He's a UFA to be and has been injured a lot, and the Flyers just traded for his replacement. A 3rd is a lot more than he was worth when the season started.

Im Guessing He's Gonna Go Up There And tear it Up. Especially If We Should See Him In The Playoffs. That Sounds About Right...

. . .or he will injure his back again.

. . . .or spend a lot of time in the Press Box.

So according to Sam C, the pick becomes a 2nd if the Bruins reach the ECF and Mesz plays 2/3 of the playoffs, or if he is re-signed before the draft.

An additional 4th if re-signed after the draft.....I think.

As long as the ECFs don't come to Boston at the expense of the Flyers, I think that sounds great.

He's been scoring and that's worth something. Hopefully more than a third.

So according to Sam C, the pick becomes a 2nd if the Bruins reach the ECF and Mesz plays 2/3 of the playoffs, or if he is re-signed before the draft.

I'm disappointed.  I think Mez offered the most offense of the defensemen, and wasn't the worst on defense.

"So according to Sam C, the pick becomes a 2nd if the Bruins reach the ECF..."

If the GMs had balls, it would read "...the pick becomes a 2nd if the Bruins reach the ECF OR are bounced by the Flyers on the way to the ECF."  Put your money where your mouth is.

• Like 1

@ TedZep.  I am with you. I am a bit dissapointed in seeing him go.  I always thought he was a bit better then most here game him credit. That might just be because when the puck came back to him on the point you thought something could happen instead of a corner dump in for the winger to retrieve.  I hope he does well in Boston.

Uggg, I dread the thought of cheering for the Bruins, but if we are not in there, a 2nd is a 2nd.....we could use it...well, in theory anyways. Please help me out.....why would we be cheering for the Rangers again...don't recall a deal there.