Last 10 Games (The Gauntlet)

AndyS

So, in the last 10 games the Flyers picked up 14 points.

Is there any doubt that this team will make the playoffs?

And is there really any doubt that they will do some damage?

I know they have problems in MSG, but I think they'll do well no matter who they play.  The only team in the East that I see as being a problem match-up wise is Boston.  And a lot can happen before then. (Another team could knock off the Bruins before we get to them.)

You just never know.

Let's go Flyers!

I hate to say it but I want absolutely no parts of the Rangers in the 1st round.  They will make the playoffs if they keep playing good hockey but the Rangers are in their heads and MSG is nothing more than a funeral for this Team.  I would love to match up against the Pens in the 1st round!!

I dont see anyone beating Boston honestly...  If I was a betting man they are coming out of the East.

• Like 1

I dont see anyone beating Boston honestly...

The Flyers outplayed them most of Sunday, and only lost on a gimmick.  It may have been the Bruins were tired from playing the second half of a back to back, and saw little urgency since they had just clinched their division. Still...

The Flyers outplayed them most of Sunday, and only lost on a gimmick.  It may have been the Bruins were tired from playing the second half of a back to back, and saw little urgency since they had just clinched their division. Still...

I agree about that game but honestly do not see the Flyers matching up against Boston in a series.   The flyers are playing great and skated w/ the best from the east and west.  I just dont think they would survive a series against Boston.   Just my opinion... nothing else.

So, in the last 10 games the Flyers picked up 14 points.

Is there any doubt that this team will make the playoffs?

And is there really any doubt that they will do some damage?

I know they have problems in MSG, but I think they'll do well no matter who they play.  The only team in the East that I see as being a problem match-up wise is Boston.  And a lot can happen before then. (Another team could knock off the Bruins before we get to them.)

You just never know.

Let's go Flyers!

Some secondary scoring would be nice someone not named Giroux. Hartnell don't belong on the 1st. He needs to be dropped down and Raffl tried with G and Jake. Mcginn is a slow bum and should remain in the AHL where he is suited. They have a lot to figure out in a short time. Like getting the pwerplay clicking. I would like to see Akeson get a shot on the 3rd till Downie is able to return just to know if Akeson can actually help he is scoring in the A. Flyers need scoring see if he can at the next level before the playoffs...NYR are beatable I just don't know if the Flyers can do it.

I am thoroughly impressed with the guys this last month.  I dont know how they did it or what they did but they are all playing like a team as others have mentioned.  I havent had so much fun at games since we ousted the Pens in 2012.  While I do not want the Rangers in the 1at round due to our poor record at MSG we have manhandled them at home (hence the 2-2 record this year) and if we dont get home ice we only have to steal 1 at MSG which is not impossible.  What better time to break the MSG streak than in the playoffs against this hated rival?

Edited by Poulin20

I am thoroughly impressed with the guys this last month.  I dont know how they did it or what they did but they are all playing like a team as others have mentioned.  I havent had so much fun at games since we ousted the Pens in 2012.  While I do not want the Rangers in the 1at round due to our poor record at MSG we have manhandled them at home (hence the 2-2 record this year) and if we dont get home ice we only have to steal 1 at MSG which is not impossible.  What better time to break the MSG streak than in the playoffs against this hated rival?

Right now the way this Team is playing I am not really all that scared of anyone in the East w/ the exception of Boston.  The Rags can be beat but that MSG building has some serious mojo for the Rangers.  I think the east is wide open honestly but expect Boston to be in the ECF.  The Pens and Rangers are both beatable in a series...

There's a lot to like about the Flyers these days, they're playing like a team on a mission, like they've got something to prove. They won't let the $@#%*# Rangers knock them out in the first round. No way.

Also there's this - McDonagh got buried on the boards last night in Vancouver and he may be out for awhile. You can see the hit - personally I think the Rags' announcers, who I like, are talking out their asses on this one - looks like a hockey hit to me. Burrows got 5 and a Game but I don't know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eseS0k41pqM

The Flyers have come together as a team at the right time and are seeing important results of their hard work. They've almost certainly played themselves into a playoff spot, but there are still seven games left and a lot of important questions to be answered.

Columbus is going to be a huge game - which can bring them one point behind New York with a game in hand or two points ahead of Columbus* for the right to play (rightnow) the Bruins.

Having home ice in the first round is an attainable and important goal, especially if they're going to play the Rangers. They way they are playing they should grab it.

CLS, @BOS, BUF, @FLA, @TAM, @PIT, CAR

* Flyers have tiebreaker in terms of ROWs on Blue Jackets 36-33.

There's a lot to like about the Flyers these days, they're playing like a team on a mission, like they've got something to prove. They won't let the $@#%*# Rangers knock them out in the first round. No way.

Also there's this - McDonagh got buried on the boards last night in Vancouver and he may be out for awhile. You can see the hit - personally I think the Rags' announcers, who I like, are talking out their asses on this one - looks like a hockey hit to me. Burrows got 5 and a Game but I don't know why.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=eseS0k41pqM

Dude!?! Where the hell have you been??? Good to see you back.

Hey AFF - thanks for the "welcome back" I appreciate it. ... been a helluva turnaround since that ridiculous start...

I saw Hartnell's quote the other day - he said that after this 4-0-2 stretch against the best in the league the Flyers are "right there with the elite teams" and it's hard to disagree with him. We probably caught Boston a little sleepy and uninspired (and still "lost"). And losing to the Rangers at MSG stings again (again). But the Flyers are at least a "tough out" come PO time now and that's pretty amazing from where we were.

rad's right though the Flyers better do all they can to snag home ice for R1. It would truly suck going the distance against the Rags only to get booted out of the POs at MSG. A G7 scenario could mean the home team won all their games ... 3-3 ... at that point G7 almost *has* to be in Philly for the Flyers to advance. I'm no defeatist but we haven't won there since March '11 I think. Reality is a bitch sometimes!

Back in '74 I remember a team which could not win a game at Boston Gardens, but yet they won one

and won all their home games to win the cup!! All they have to do is win one game at MSG and all the

ones at home. I think that they can win at MSG. The playoffs are a different animal all together!!

Back in '74 I remember a team which could not win a game at Boston Gardens, but yet they won one

and won all their home games to win the cup!! All they have to do is win one game at MSG and all the

ones at home. I think that they can win at MSG. The playoffs are a different animal all together!!

Arguably one of the most important goals in team history!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJclaX9HVhk

and won all their home games to win the cup!!

ha! Great reminder - thank you for that... the OT game, of course...and absolutely one of the best games in Flyers' history.

[edit: then again we had to beat the Rags in 7 that year...and G7 was at the Spectrum :) ]

Edited by canoli