Heeter

brelic

Hehe, well, a bit of a rough start, no?

I'm happy for him that he finally gets an NHL start. Kinda feel bad for him that the nerves seem to be getting the best of him. Gotta love the mocking cheers from the fans ;)

Anyway, today's as good a time as any to give him a taste of playing with the big boys.

Haha, of course his first NHL game is a shootout! :)

The Flyers just kept coming back and did not quit. Even though it was a meaningless game, it was a fun one to watch. They tried as hard as they could to give Heeter the W.

He certainly looked nervous throughout, but now his first NHL game is behind him.

I've watched a bunch of Phantoms games lately and he's better than he's shown. Not saying he's an NHL goalie but he's looked really nervous today. Normally his technique and movement is not this bad.

I am happy we gave someone from our organization a shot. He may not have won the game but losing in a shootout shouldn't be too damaging for the psyche. It's ironic, I seem to recall the Neil Little lost his first start against Carolina...maybe they have some psychic anti-energy for our young netminders!

Best,

Howie

Hehe, well, a bit of a rough start, no?

I'll say i felt sorry for him he looked so ill prepared....certainly not his best game...but at his age it could be he is at his ceiling. Chubak may even be a better prospect than him...cause there is no way he looks like 6' 4"...no way.

Anyways thank God for Stolarz.

• Like 1

I am happy we gave someone from our organization a shot. He may not have won the game but losing in a shootout shouldn't be too damaging for the psyche. It's ironic, I seem to recall the Neil Little lost his first start against Carolina...maybe they have some psychic anti-energy for our young netminders!

Best,

Howie

Hell he shouldn't feel too bad they lost the season series to them 0-4 that is bad...and Heeter only played one. But they made it interesting i'll say. Better goaltending and its a easy win.

Edited by OccamsRazor

I'll say i felt sorry for him he looked so ill prepared....certainly not his best game...but at his age it could be he is at his ceiling. Chubak may even be a better prospect than him...cause there is no way he looks like 6' 4"...no way.

Anyways thank God for Stolarz.

Funny, I was saying the same thing to my father as we watched the game.  For 6'4" he covered the same amount of net as Darren Pang.

No interest in seeing him be the backup next year at all. He got lit up by a non-playoff team, he's too old to where I find it realistic he'll be making the jump, and how often does the AHL produce a legitimate NHL player anyway? I'm not talking about guys who have played in both leagues, but guys who spent significant time in the A and then prove themselves to be bonafide NHLers?

No interest in seeing him be the backup next year at all. He got lit up by a non-playoff team, he's too old to where I find it realistic he'll be making the jump, and how often does the AHL produce a legitimate NHL player anyway? I'm not talking about guys who have played in both leagues, but guys who spent significant time in the A and then prove themselves to be bonafide NHLers?

Yes he is 26 and very well could be at his ceiling now and is just more viewed to me as a AHLer. Not everyone can make the cut...also with his size i have to really question his size cause i find it hard to believe he is 6' 4" just don't believe it he plays small in net one of his biggest problems....to start of many.

Anyways they may have Neil Little part 2! Chubak and Stolarz have shot to the top of the goaltending prospects...or have for me.

To sum up Heeter's first day starting in the NHL:

He gave up a goal on his very first NHL shot.

He went a whopping three stops before giving up the second goal on their 5th shot.

The third goal gave him a .333 save percentage.

He gave up a goal on the very first shot in the second period.  But that was it.

He gave up one difficult goal on a tough carom off the home boards.  But that was it.

Pitched a shutout in the OT.  Yay!

And he went 0 for 2 in the gimmick.

Mason had better get well, but quick.

Yes he is 26 and very well could be at his ceiling now and is just more viewed to me as a AHLer. Not everyone can make the cut...also with his size i have to really question his size cause i find it hard to believe he is 6' 4" just don't believe it he plays small in net one of his biggest problems....to start of many.

Anyways they may have Neil Little part 2! Chubak and Stolarz have shot to the top of the goaltending prospects...or have for me.

I usually don't like to write a player off after such a small sampling, but Jesus he was terrible. When you factor in the other stuff, no thanks. I'm not interested.

Edited by fanaticV3.0

I usually don't like to write a player off after such a small sampling, but Jesus he was terrible. When you factor in the other stuff, no thanks. I'm not interested.

Yes i find it hard to believe that was all nerves...by far one of the worst debuts by a Flyer goaltender i can ever remember seeing...myself. Just bad all around.

But with that said i think Carsen Chubak may leap frog him in the pecking order.....just has a better game and resume to back it up. A former Hobey Baker finalist and a little younger.

But he just set the all time saves record in a game for a Phantoms netminder last week with 50 in the win.

He beat one time Flyer prospect Joacim Eriksson sunday 2-1 and won yesterday 4-2.

Now i know it's not a lot to make a call on but after watching Heeter play he could have been what was wrong with the Phantoms, just saying....but i would suspect Chubak may turn into a better prospect. We'll see that performance was not inspiring.

Time will tell.