Lucic performing surgery...

Polaris922

@Polaris922

He is the last of a dying breed (okay maybe not the last but there aren't many left) a power forward who can score and fight and hit and just plain nastiness on every shift. He could play for my team any time. Sorry about Dekeyser getting carved up tho.

@Polaris922

He is the last of a dying breed (okay maybe not the last but there aren't many left) a power forward who can score and fight and hit and just plain nastiness on every shift. He could play for my team any time. Sorry about Dekeyser getting carved up tho.

There's no place in the game for what he did though. And from what I've heard (from a friend who is a Bruins fan) it's not the first time.

• Like 1

I will give credit to Lucic for being a coward.........The funny thing is he is tough enough to drop them if he wants to but instead tries to give Dekeyser a new set of earrings( If Dekeyser's testes were not hanging out his ears, it probably felt like they were after that shot).

There's no place in the game for what he did though. And from what I've heard (from a friend who is a Bruins fan) it's not the first time.

And what amazes me is that even though it is NOT his first offense with this very thing, that the league thought so badly of it that they brought down the hammer on this repeat offense: a $5,000 fine. Whoa! I wonder if Lucic will just have to look under his couch cushions for loose change to pay THAT hefty fine?! Shouldn't it have at least come with a "Pretty please don't do that again, Mr. Lucic, sir,"?

If it was his first offense, $5K is fine. But for a repeat offense? What will they do to him the  next time? Fine him $6K?

If you are going to say this stuff doesn't belong in the game, when it happens, make the sanctions hurt! Otherwise, why even bother?

@Old School Hockey

Welcome to the forum. Good to add another RW fan to the fam.

This kind of non-action taken by the league is why it can't be taken seriously.

This doesn't belong in the game. It is cowardice, and there is NO excuse for it. For Lucic to try to feign that there was no intent, almost like it "just happened" is sick.

I say the same thing if a Wing did it. This crap has no business in the game. Period. To slap his wrist insults US! Real hockey fans!

Thats an interesting perspective since you are a fan of the inflicted team for that play. I am old school too, but there is a line I draw at spearing the balls from behind. 

If it were Crosby doing it, you'd hear about it for the next ten years on these forums, if not longer.  But since it was Lucic...  all we have is the going price for a testicle:  $5,000.  

Hmmmm, 10 years of bitching about a cowardice play by the best player in the world, or $5000k fine for lucic. I am not sure if you are being tongue in cheek or not. But from my view- while I hate that crosby play that he will never live down, its not his normal MO- whereas it is becoming more and more Lucics. Lindros did some nasty stuff too, and as Yave was saying, I really liked that about his game (he also paid the price). But for me, there is nowhere in the game of hockey its okay to spear / punch or otherwise to anything to a players manhood. 

Should have got a game when he did it to the Hab. Should have got 5 this time around. I used to like Lucic but this stuff is bush league. And I believe he's now done this 3 times. Why would he stop when the league allows it? BS.

Okay so this is like three spears to the nads and a two handed slash behind the play by players already in this playoff season, and I've only watched about 7 of the games.   I can't say that I've seen as much of this kind of thing in the playoffs in prior years.   If the officials are not seeing this, the league needs to step in with more than pocket change as a penalty.  This is embarrassing. This is when we want the game to shine, not look like a group of thugs on ice.

There is no need for this in the game, none, its not even close to a hockey play, and its what gives our game a bad name. All you need to do is ask, what was Lucic's intent.  The only intent here is to make the other player hurt, period.  Maybe I'm being over the top, but this is the kind of thing that makes me very angry, and makes me lose respect for players and teams.  Not that I have much left for Boston, as this is what they do. If someone did this to a Boston player, Curley would have gone balistic in an interview about cheap and dirty play.

Sorry, rant over.

Edited by nossagog

Okay so this is like three spears to the nads and a two handed slash behind the play by players already in this playoff season, and I've only watched about 7 of the games.   I can't say that I've seen as much of this kind of thing in the playoffs in prior years.   If the officials are not seeing this, the league needs to step in with more than pocket change as a penalty.  This is embarrassing. This is when we want the game to shine, not look like a group of thugs on ice.

There is no need for this in the game, none, its not even close to a hockey play, and its what gives our game a bad name. All you need to do is ask, what was Lucic's intent.  The only intent here is to make the other player hurt, period.  Maybe I'm being over the top, but this is the kind of thing that makes me very angry, and makes me lose respect for players and teams.  Not that I have much left for Boston, as this is what they do. If someone did this to a Boston player, Curley would have gone balistic in an interview about cheap and dirty play.

Sorry, rant over.

No need to apologize! The POS should not have been playing today. Two names:

Campbell

Jacobs

A league officials kid plays for Boston and somehow they're allowed to pull thus crap.

A major player on the BOG's and his team is untouchable.

• Like 1

Today's fine??

This type of penalty is why the NHL will always be 4th at best of the major sports. The casual fan will see that play and say??? I can't understand that game I'm done.

The problem is, this is what will be shown on ESPN as a "highlight" since they don't care about hockey.   I guess a slot needs to be added to the wheel of justice, if its a bruin, skip it.

The problem is, this is what will be shown on ESPN as a "highlight" since they don't care about hockey. I guess a slot needs to be added to the wheel of justice, if its a bruin, skip it.

This is what kills me about the current NHL leadership. So much of it I don't like, but in particular, if you decide you are going to change the game for the sake of trying to make it more appealing to the mainstream to increase the fan base, then do it. Rip the freaking bandaid off already for crying out loud! But no, instead they do WORSE! They SAY they are going to change the game and then do almost nothing, or do so at a snail's pace like this.

The result is, as you said, that now this will become the headline. And it doesn't have to be much of a headline, just enough to validate the mainstream bias about his game. It's just like politics. If you don't like George W. Bush, when he makes a small mistake, it's headline news. If you don't like Obama and he makes a small mistake, it's the end of the world. If you're not a fan of hockey, you'll see this clip, scoff at the "hefty" response by NHL leadership, and it will be enough to validate your feelings, and ESPN will gladly remind you that you are more of an NFL and NBA fan anyway. That NHL leadership does not realize this tells you how clueless they really are about some pretty important things.

It's not that they do EVERYTHING wrong. They changed the icing calls for the better, I must admit. I was not for the change, but I see how it is better. But this doesn't grow the game. It sustains it. No one outside of hockey will ever see the difference. But they will see this. The NHL doesn't know squat about how to grow itself well.

Edited by SpikeDDS

Today's fine??

This type of penalty is why the NHL will always be 4th at best of the major sports. The casual fan will see that play and say??? I can't understand that game I'm done.

Really? So having refs getting paid off is better? How about murderers and rapists as the athletes? Or half the roster on every team juiced up?

Sorry, I'll stick to hockey.