Erhoff only signs a 1 yr Deal

hf101

$4M.  Interesting signing by Erhoff.  I would have thought he'd get more money and a longer contract.   

Good signing by the Penguins.

Pad stats playing with Crosby + Malkin and Letang on the PP. Have career year. Ask for Waaaaaaay more next season. Actually pretty smart. That's gotta be what he is thinking.

• Like 2

I think this is a win/win for both sides here.

Ehrhoff is 31 and if he shows he's an elite defenseman in PGH, can demand more, plus he just got his buyout money so he has the luxury to do things he wants to do.

For the Pens, they have some insurance on Letang, especially with Niskanen fluttering about.

$4M.  Interesting signing by Erhoff.  I would have thought he'd get more money and a longer contract.   
Good signing by the Penguins.

There were two ways to slice it (as @jammer2 pointed out): 1) go for the cup, or 2) go for an even bigger money grab. 

The guy just won the lottery with the total payout of Buffalo of 30m over the term of the contract. 

Erhoff chose option 1. Have to give him props for that. 

Pad stats playing with Crosby + Malkin and Letang on the PP. Have career year. Ask for Waaaaaaay more next season. Actually pretty smart. That's gotta be what he is thinking.

You all are cynical! LOL 

You all must have been the ones booing the entire draft!~ 

I like the signing. Now on to a winger for Malkin.

We have one! He LUVS playing wing too. Its an easier skate than his regular position. He just needs to skate from the red line into the o blue line and back again (unlike his normal blue line to blue line forays). 

Welcome Pittsburgh to your new winger extraordinaire Mr. VLC!!!!! 

We have one! He LUVS playing wing too. Its an easier skate than his regular position. He just needs to skate from the red line into the o blue line and back again (unlike his normal blue line to blue line forays). 

Welcome Pittsburgh to your new winger extraordinaire Mr. VLC!!!!! 

Doubtful. Hexy just stated it is likely VLC is still a flyer this season.

In any case, you will likely have to pay someone a draft pick to take him for future considerations on that contract

That, and isn't the cap expected to increase next year a fair bit, too?

If Erhoff has a big year, he can parlay it into LARGE money next season, should the cap go up like we all think it might. If Sid and Co. help pad his stats into the 60's or 70's....he will cash in big....and he has a respectable shot at the cup....a win, win for him, as long as he does not suffer a career ending injury...and I'm sure he took out a nice insurance policy to guard against that anyways.

• Like 1

In any case, you will likely have to pay someone a draft pick to take him for future considerations on that contract

And there is the rub. As soon as spezza went to Dallas, I hung my head. 

It just goes to show VLC  market value. Ottawa got some assets back. Dallas could have had Vinny for nothing. 

Truthfully, I respect what Hextall is doing. He has plodded a plan and sticking to it. Making the playoffs this year will be fine, but he knows this is not a SC team in its current configuration and willing to be patient and bide his time to make the proper moves / adjustments. The Emery re-signing was a clear signal of this. 

It is interesting in hind site to see how bad Homer screwed the pooch in regards to fiscal responsibility. 

• Like 1

And there is the rub. As soon as spezza went to Dallas, I hung my head. 

It just goes to show VLC  market value. Ottawa got some assets back. Dallas could have had Vinny for nothing. 

Truthfully, I respect what Hextall is doing. He has plodded a plan and sticking to it. Making the playoffs this year will be fine, but he knows this is not a SC team in its current configuration and willing to be patient and bide his time to make the proper moves / adjustments. The Emery re-signing was a clear signal of this. 

It is interesting in hind site to see how bad Homer screwed the pooch in regards to fiscal responsibility. 

It's still quite early, but he does seem to have a plan.

Homer would have gone after Spezza, Niskanen, Orpik and Iginla. If they all signed we'd be 40 million over the cap and THEN he'd try and figure out what went wrong.

I'm ok with trying to get rid of deadwood (where the #@%& is the series finale?) and let these young guys develop together. 

@flyercanuck  I'm ok with ditching the deadwood, but bringing in guys like Schultz seems like adding to the deadwood pile. A seventh d-man is supposed to climb into the top 6 in a pinch...this guy would hurt us not help. With so many fairly respectable UFA d-men out there, they add Schultz....really....did they throw a dart?

I'm ok with trying to get rid of deadwood (where the #@%& is the series finale?) and let these young guys develop together. 

agree its early. People want to say rookie GM, but they should not say that. He spend six years as an asst gm under Lombardie. Which in contrast is much different than Homer spending 6 years under clarke.  I am still pissed that Snyder could not get out of his own way to let Lombardie run the roost. For historians, we had both Lombardie AND hextall. Effing snider could not deal with people that told him "no" "this is the way". 

Two rings later......hmmmmm

Back to our regular programming. I love dead wood. Where I live can't get that other than download (which I am going to do now that reminded me). 

Cheers