Well, At Least Simmonds Showed Up and Looked Good........

OH1FlyersFan

--- Umberger? Umberger? Umberger? Umberger?

--- Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the     girl who saw Umberger pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

--- Thank you, Simone.

--- No problem whatsoever.

--- Giroux? Giroux? Giroux?

My apologies.  I only tuned in halfway through the second and didn't realize that he got an assist on Simmonds' last goal.  That's a much better performance for Giroux than the -1 he was last night!  So, let me amend my first post ----

Couturier?  Couturier?  Couturier?

Vinny had a decent night.

Yeah. I only saw one, maybe two goals that I wish Mason could have back.  He wasn't getting much help from his defense.  Del Zotto - you can tell he's definitely more offensive minded in just two games.  He had a couple of decent shots tonight.  That might be interesting/fun to watch if I knew or had confidence the rest of the defense could actually play defense.  Speaking of defense -- was Coburn even in the game?  I can't recall hearing his name called at all.........

Reading this thread makes me glad my TV was on the fritz.  How was Mason. You know my concern with his reversion to Columbus-like numbers.

Peace,

Howie

mason was fine the loss was not his fault. When you have luke schenn screening him on 2 of goals and tipping them both into his net and then allowing zubrus to shoot from a bad angle and not pushing him off the puck. Alone Luke Cost the flyers 3 goals overall the D lost the game

mason was fine the loss was not his fault. When you have luke schenn screening him on 2 of goals and tipping them both into his net and then allowing zubrus to shoot from a bad angle and not pushing him off the puck. Alone Luke Cost the flyers 3 goals overall the D lost the game

FlyersFan:

Thanks for the analysis.  Two games is not a big n but it sounds like the concerns about our D are legit.

Howie

When you have luke schenn screening him on 2 of goals and tipping them both into his net and then allowing zubrus to shoot from a bad angle and not pushing him off the puck.

L Schenn off to a nice fat -6 for the year. We bust on Macdaddy, but at least he is a +2.

Giroux was great in the offensive zone, but he was -4 last night. So were Voracek and Raffl.

Their line got hemmed in to their zone a bit too often - same as the previous night. 

I do not like pairing a big defenseman and a slow one on each pair. Lowest common denominator. Try something else, Chief.

And Brayden Schenn lasted all of 2 and half periods into this season on the top line. Glad they gave him a real shot up there :ph34r:

I do not like pairing a big defenseman and a slow one on each pair. Lowest common denominator. Try something else, Chief.

Is Berube picking the D pairings or is it new coach Gord Murphy?

You want them to pair two big guys and two slow guys? Not like there's a whole lot of choices...

And Brayden Schenn lasted all of 2 and half periods into this season on the top line. Glad they gave him a real shot up there :ph34r:

But "we" still "won the trade," amirite? :ph34r:

I'd say this organization goes into panic mode too quickly if it wasn't in panic mode to begin with.

You want them to pair two big guys and two slow guys? Not like there's a whole lot of choices...

I'd rather have two stronger pairings and a weak sheltered one than three mediocre pairings.

Streit/Del Zotto

MacDonald/Grossman

Schenn/Alt

Schultz

Schenn really is a huge disappointment for a #5 overall pick. Not even close to living up to that billing. 

I'd rather have two stronger pairings and a weak sheltered one than three mediocre pairings.

Streit/Del Zotto

MacDonald/Grossman

Schenn/Alt

Schultz

Schenn really is a huge disappointment for a #5 overall pick. Not even close to living up to that billing. 

Which ones are the "stronger" pairings? ;)

Neither Schenn is looking all that impressive...

Which ones are the "stronger" pairings? ;)

Neither Schenn is looking all that impressive...

Haha, I know, right? 

I like the mobility of Streit/Del Zotto - give it a shot for a few games. And MacDonald/Grossmann can focus more on defense with fewer minutes. And less pressure to generate offense.

I thought they made an awful New Jersey team look like the goddamned 70's Soviet Red Army...

I thought G's line was - for the night, they were suck® phly again last night.  the defense is woefully slow and disorganized.  i'm not going to jump from any bridges but i will alter my expectations for what this bunch can achieve downward.  

This group cannot make mistakes on their half of red line, there is not enough speed to or smarts to recover.  i mean dinas zubris looked like sergi federov blowing down the slot last night...dinas ******* zubris, i hate that guy...i hate that team...

anyway back to our bunch of douche nozzles, they must play mistake free hockey to win and that is a tall order for any team let alone one whose defense gets timed by a calendar.

Geezee Pete.  I just read about this this morning ("this" being Coburn on crutches with some sort of mysterious lower body injury).  Well, as FanaticV3.0 said in another post - I hope this doesn't result in the premature and way too early call-up of our young defensemen.  I completely agree with him that doing so now would stunt their growth.  We just need to take our lumps and get through this season as best we can.  I don't think anyone thought it would be pretty......

Archived